Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with the light-up feature (and will be on the bike too) is that these designs don't look that great when they aren't lit up. I mean, I love the look of the film, but you're just going to see black and more black most of the time. I realized this with the Spinmasters toys. They had sections that were painted, too. So that helped. But if it's just lights and black plastic then when it's not lit they aren't going to be that impressive on the shelf.

This is my problem with the Rinzler costume design. There's detail to it, but from a distance it just looks like a solid black outfit with only sparse red bits. The color in the other designs sets them apart.

The lightcycle will look cool in day light, but if its dark or in shadow you pretty much have to turn it on to have any impact.

:exactly: That's why I think reflective material would work better for the articulated figures. I'm okay with the cycles lighting up, but I just feel there's a better way to get this line out there.

It's funny how some of you seem to talk for everyone.

I personally want the light-up features, for several reasons. One is I'm going to try to mod them to be able to be driven by an AC power plug.

You misjudge us, many would love light-up features, but the way it is, is a case of a non-light-up figure or no figure at all, most of us would pick the former.

I'd have much preferred more versatility in the figure than having it restricted for the sake of it being illuminated. Light-up features are good for photo shoots and turning on when the mates come around, but not much else to me.

577922_10150647845887344_58690437343_9470091_2067034816_n.jpg

With Noland and now Jake Sully and just now Babydoll releasing it looks as though Hot Toys was true to their word (i can't believe it either) at those in the backstage pic releasing over the next few weeks.

All thats left is Sam Flynn. Should be along soon judging by this pace :)

the light up function for this figure better be impressive and light up well, since ht howard chan said from a recent interview they had trouble with it, can't wait to see OMG photo though with the black background once it already release :yess:

Looking at the first episode of Tron Uprising looking good , the need to forget about the light up feature and make and just use reflective strips

If they decide to do that for whatever reason this things price should be dropped. No reason for a $300 action-statue that doesn't have lights.

Last edited:
Hi,

here's a new video my latest (multicolor) display stand for the HT Light-Cycle that i've made for a customer (shown with the 1:8 Disney exclusive Light-Cycle) :

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsj4PgnV9c0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsj4PgnV9c0[/ame]

About the MOTION-PLAQUE:
Still no price and no release date known - It is currently still in development - Sorry :wink1:

Back