Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how hard its is to remove all those belts to swap the shirts, and then to put them back on.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Thought of that when I saw the first proto pics. But now seeing these it definitely looks like removing all that will be a task for me. I can barely get my belt to stay on my DX Batman & its just one belt, so I can only imagine how ill be trying to get all these on & off!

That hair part bugs me, as do the eyes...they still look a bit too asian.

Really?! I saw that in the first proto pics, but with the improved sculpt I dont see it much anymore.. The only minor thing that urks me is that you can see the neck line where the head-sculpt comes off...

But like I said thats only a minor issue for me...

That neck line thing bothers me a bit too. I mean, it's something that's exposed... I'm not sure why they didn't sculpt the neck to the body like the first MJ they did.

One of the most distinctive features about MJ's face from Bad onward was the small, upturned nose. Why didn't they feature it on this sculpt or the Billie Jean one?

i think they made him a little too puffy. like the cheekbones. those shots make him look more like janet jackson

Just wondering... I have been seeing photos of this DX but is it released in Hong Kong? When will it be available in other countries? Anyone has any idea?

I have pre-ordered but everyone just kept telling me no news at all on this piece. What a pain to wait for it...

From 7Toys7(ebay) :

ht-mj-bad-head-1.jpg

ht-mj-bad-head-2.jpg

ht-mj-bad-head-3.jpg

ht-mj-bad-head-4.jpg

ht-mj-bad-head-5.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.es/Hot-Toys-1-6-Mi...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f01201024

Is MJ using the Narrow shoulder body?

Slim TT actually...

Asian??? Really?.... I don't see it....

That neck line thing bothers me a bit too. I mean, it's something that's exposed... I'm not sure why they didn't sculpt the neck to the body like the first MJ they did.

That would've been great... specially for the Dirty Diana look.

Just wondering... I have been seeing photos of this DX but is it released in Hong Kong? When will it be available in other countries? Anyone has any idea?

I have pre-ordered but everyone just kept telling me no news at all on this piece. What a pain to wait for it...

It's been just released in HK, it usually takes between 2 weeks up to a month for it to arrive to other countries. Where are you located?

To me the head from the auction doesn't look the same or as good as the head from the earlier photos. Looks like it's missing details.

Well this pics are pretty crappy... I'm sure the detail is there, but it's not showing in this pics.

Well, MJ did look like an anime character around that time period. Especially with clothes (I can see where the designer to the Final Fantasy characters got his inspiration from) :lol

-Joe

Yup, eyes still look Asian. Better than the proto though. Mj had very round bug eyes when he did bad. Still an amazing figure though.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

To me the head from the auction doesn't look the same or as good as the head from the earlier photos. Looks like it's missing details.

I notice it too, but thats the same as how other photos of the figure looked very different from others, while its the exact same figure. I guess camera angles and lighting make it look different?

If it really looks like this....i have nothing to complain about.

mj05.jpg

Or will there be different versions for Hong Kong and the US and Europe?Hope not.

I notice it too, but thats the same as how other photos of the figure looked very different from others, while its the exact same figure. I guess camera angles and lighting make it look different?

If it really looks like this....i have nothing to complain about.

Or will there be different versions for Hong Kong and the US and Europe?Hope not.

Nope, they are the same, just different lighting and quality of cameras...

haven't been told mine has shipped yet, starting to get a bit ancy.

if I at least know its on its way i could stand the wait.

I have it on pre-order with Angolz, a Hong Kong-based store, and just today I see they've changed the figure on their site from pre-order to in-stock and so it's getting out there. They haven't shipped my order yet but I'm expecting maybe tomorrow morning I'll get that email...

I also see a bunch of loose parts have just today been listed on eBay too, so it looks like it's getting out there more widely now, in this past day or so.

Hi guys!
Well, I'm not a big MJ fan, I just like his music and his attitude and great talent!!...I already have the Thriller version and would like to have this BAD version...but don't know yet...don't like so much his hairstyle...sculpt is terrific...guess will wait for a good price on Ebay!

Back