Hot Toys– Clash of the Titans: Perseus Spec and pics -LINK TO BUY IN FIRST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got him, not futzed, not posed.
Cool figure, still hate the joints though.

screen-capture-7.png

screen-capture-8.png

screen-capture-9-1.png

screen-capture-10.png

screen-capture-5.png

screen-capture-6.png

The skirt? I'm sure it can by rolling it backwards for a bit?, as I said this is straight out of box. It's a cool figure but could have been amazing. The face/pose is too blank and the joints are ugly. Also I had to do a quick bit of glueing on the skirt as it was not attached properly to the armor, nothing of note but its becoming more and more important these days with HT to have the superglue standing by!

All in all, well worth the purchase price, some of the detailing in hand is fantastic.

The skirt? I'm sure it can by rolling it backwards for a bit?, as I said this is straight out of box. It's a cool figure but could have been amazing. The face/pose is too blank and the joints are ugly. Also I had to do a quick bit of glueing on the skirt as it was not attached properly to the armor, nothing of note but its becoming more and more important these days with HT to have the superglue standing by!

All in all, well worth the purchase price, some of the detailing in hand is fantastic.

I totally agree. I said in numerous post it is decent just not spectacular. The shield is amazing having weight and the the rest of the outfit is solid as well. The problem IMO lies in the very uncreative, blank expression.

Ya see, in those photos, I think his face looks great!
Would've liked to have an alternative shouting head and human faced Medusa but I am still very excited by this figure.

I often wonder why Hot Toys tend to stear away from the icon facial expressions. It's what stopped me from getting Aldo Raine.

Ya see, in those photos, I think his face looks great!
Would've liked to have an alternative shouting head and human faced Medusa but I am still very excited by this figure.

I often wonder why Hot Toys tend to stear away from the icon facial expressions. It's what stopped me from getting Aldo Raine.

You won't be disappointed with it. The face looks good there because he is at ease. Static almost, as soon as you put him into an action pose it looks strange.

I wonder why HT don't do "add-on" packs for their releases. Extra head sculpts and accessories for those who want them. Even 6 months down the line, they could release extra head sculpts. It would make the figures more collectible as well.
:dunno

Are the swords made of real metal? The silver sword looks like it is, but the bronze one looks like plastice.

Has any Hot Toy ever dropped in price?

Retailers wanting to move stock would be the one's dropping price much like Spectre and IMO eventually BW.

Perseus is a nice figure in terms of costume and accessories. IMO it is average from shoulders up which hurt it.

Retailers may drop things in price to eventually sell them.

That's still doesn't say that Hot Toys drop in price as EVILFACE insinuated.

It's a bold claim and I would like to call him on that with evidence of Hot Toys dropping in value previously?
Not saying he's wrong. I just want to know.

Back