Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else feel stupid for buying this guy -- or any figure, for that matter -- from Sideshow? I'm not ever buying from them again. They charge the highest premiums, and if you're in California they hit you with the sales tax. My Jokers are going to come out to $284 each. Which is insanity.

lol never bought from them, never will. you can get your figure right away from ebay and cheaper and more reliable. Why wait months or years when you can have your figure now. Makes no sense to me to order from them ever. Im still seeing people on this board waiting for there Bats figure. Thats nuts!

I'm not about to read 400 pages so I don't know if this was mentioned, and mind you, I haven't seen Batman in quite a few years...

...but wasn't Nicholson/Joker a lot fatter in the movie?

I seem to recall Nicholson being pretty thick in the middle when he played Joker.

Was it that Nicholson would not approve a fat joker, or is it just too difficult for HT to produce a body like that, guess they could have used the Godfather body for him.

You only just now figured that out?

Where is everyone else buying theirs? Big Bad Toy Store? I think when I bought him I pre-ordered from Sideshow stupidly thinking they were the only ones who were going to have him. I've since learned their pre-orders are epic bull_____.

Where is everyone else buying theirs? Big Bad Toy Store? I think when I bought him I pre-ordered from Sideshow stupidly thinking they were the only ones who were going to have him. I've since learned their pre-orders are epic bull_____.

I got mine from BBTS. But I'm still waiting for frickin' Bats.

Like you, I stopped ordering from SS directly (except for exclusive items) because of the higher prices and CA tax (which can be an extra $20+ on these HT items).

But in this case, with the new split shipment deal, I think it would have been worth it to pay the extra $30 and perhaps have had it 6 weeks ago.

I don't mind ordering directly from SS & paying the extra $$ for the piece of mind that I'll get it earlier than any other U.S. distributor & their excellent customer service. Getting the points doesn't hurt either.

If I'd known before I ordered about their tacking on CA tax I'd never have gone with SS. And I could care less about when I get them. Also, their customer service has been unimpressive in the past. Back when I was pre-ordering the Bruce Wayne Batman, the guy on the phone assured me that my order would go through. I checked back days later only to see that it hadn't, and I had to make the order again. There is nothing that merits the SS premium, unless you're simply one of those people who wants to be the first kid on the block with the new toy. Oh well, you live and learn.

My Boy from the tube

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HG8raHaQCY&context=C4c9ae22ADvjVQa1PpcFO7CpJYIWFwCXdR3EE1tJhSXD6KZzcTM3E=[/ame]

SS is one of the best options for myself. I don't end up paying anything more than the initial cost+postage. Also, I receive most packages within a week of them being sent.

Because you don't mind paying inflated prices for what are already overpriced figures. Congrats. :ignore:

Not really, a lot of the other retailers are about 20 bucks less than SSC, but when you tack on shipping, it's about even. Also, a lot of people aren't in California, so, well, I guess I could argue that you're just paying the same for something later.

MY JOKER
IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

BATMAN SERIES
IMG_4881.jpg

I was pretty calm with the wait of Bats and Joker. But ever since I got Bats, Im pretty damn excited and cant wait for Jokers to get here.

Not really, a lot of the other retailers are about 20 bucks less than SSC, but when you tack on shipping, it's about even. Also, a lot of people aren't in California, so, well, I guess I could argue that you're just paying the same for something later.

:exactly:

If Sideshow carries it, it doesn't make much sense for me to order from someone else.

Jacket actually looks pretty good on the DX01.

Excellent posing on Bruce Wayne and the Riddler.

Back