Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea sorry i usualy delete the emails but yea u r correct ..if they get joker on 17th of april thier still before the 25 day warning ship mark as of today and they sometimes dont ship until 5 day's after last flex payment .. I'M sure will see email soon.....anyway soon you will have that joker smile sir........

Let's put it this way im never selling my joker or bats ..but they are making another joker so you can always wait for 2nd or 3rd release....

IMGP2372.JPG

If i decide to wait let's say two years to get this figure will it be alot like the dx01 or not?

Intuitively I think it will be worth about the same in 2 years, or slightly less.

Main reason = Hot Toys has begun to seriously increase their edition sizes of late from CR Superman onward more or less.

+

They will certainly be doing at least one more Joker which will further dilute the value.

They will certainly be doing at least one more Joker which will further dilute the value.

I agree that the production runs seem larger these days, but there's no certainty of another figure affecting this. Suppose the next one is the mob scene, and just that, no extra white face included, no option to make the basic clown costume included, or a Napier figure, or a mime figure. Unless the next release offers the same costuming as this one and another white faced portrait, this one will still hold value for people that want this look. It'd be like saying Cop Ledger Joker would devalue the clown one if the DX set had been sold separately. The clown look is the most popular and main one everyone wants, you get into niche fandom with the alternates and overall, those niche figures won't devalue the most wanted one.

Yeah my statement was under the assumption that another figure would have another clown head (either as a main head or as an alternate).

Another factor I forgot to mention - the DX01 originally sold for roughly $200, in after market because of people starting to become aware of HT only once it was sold out + the fact that it was a lot more limited in number than recent figs, it's value shot up to like $400+

This time, the starting price is much higher to begin with at about $265 + higher production numbers + HT is a lot more 'known' in the Western world, so their core audience is not growing as fast. I don't see the figure appreciating in value much if at all given all the above.

It's possible, but even then, that would only add to the value of DX08 because you need that for the costume. It's the fully package that has to be included really. Now, if they did a 2 in 1 DX with his mob costume and head, and this clown costume and an alternate head, but maybe leave out the trench coat and accessories from the end of hte movie, that might hurt this one, I think for a lot of folks, the tails coat, no hat, and a nice white portrait without the hat hair would be their ideal Nicholson Joker, throw that in the package and this one will drop.

Some pics spot on JN Joker, that particular pic he looks like Queen Elizabeth turned into a gremlin.

I know what you're saying, about the hat.

I'm reserving judgement until I get the figure in hand, but some pics really show JN, others look like a guy I work with. I'm wondering if this is one of those sculpts that isn't exactly spot on, and shows it at certain angles. I know everyone loves it, and I am looking forward to it too. So, I'm not trying to bash it. But, I'm not convinced it's 100% Jack yet.

I know what you're saying, about the hat.

I'm reserving judgement until I get the figure in hand, but some pics really show JN, others look like a guy I work with. I'm wondering if this is one of those sculpts that isn't exactly spot on, and shows it at certain angles. I know everyone loves it, and I am looking forward to it too. So, I'm not trying to bash it. But, I'm not convinced it's 100% Jack yet.

That's what I'm seeing.

Back