Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually doing the opposite, sort of. I wanna see what they do with this new Nicholson Joker coming out before I decide to get this one. Among other things, a base that employs something other than the bat symbol would be ideal.

I have batman coming wednesday and was going to get joker soon but I had no idea hot toys was going to do another nicholson joker. Maybe i will wait too.

It was a comment in a magazine article, HT has made many auh comments over the years and few have actually resulted in a product for purchase.

What pisses me off is why did the give him the same base as batman he should have had a joker themed base and for a dx he should have come with different facial expressions lke batman. Other than these little nitpicks looks like an amazing figure.

I am a little confused about the base as well. It would have been nice for him to have had his own version of the base with a Joker logo in the middle instead of a bat. But it doesn't bother me that bad. I still love this figure.

Though we have not been guaranteed a JN joker variant I think judging from HT's track record its a pretty safe bet that they will make at least one. We shouldn't expect any new news until after the avengers and TDKR hype wears off a little. Personally I wouldn't be upset if they didn't make a variant b/c IMO the DX08 does get more right than it does wrong. Still I'm going to play the patience card and wait for any new news. Lets face it at $260+ already the DX08 likely won't be jumping up in price any time soon.

7113023513_3a794804a9_c.jpg

6966946532_e87a341f07_b.jpg

6966946688_c25a12876b_c.jpg

7113024045_552314e17d_b.jpg

6966947140_1b148a325f_c.jpg

7113024461_a55460c3e9_c.jpg

6966947460_d1be4b92b4_b.jpg

I am not the best photo taker in the world and my hands were shaking just from being so pleased with the figure, but here is my JOKER...

P4250436.jpg

"Wait 'til they get a load of me" indeed!
P4250430.jpg

I promise my next ones will be from a mini-tripod that just was not near at the time!

To say that I am please with this is a Grand Canyon sized understatement :banana:fireworks:blissy:ccheerlea:mexwave:joy

Great pics man. Those bases rock! The Joker one is particularly cool.

Thanks. I wanted a worn/grungy feel almost something similar to the painting as Jack stops Bob from slashing it. Something that looks worn/catchy to your eye but doesn't draw your eyes to it. Because the colour on the figures draw your eyes to the figure but at the same time the subtle detail of the base is there for something nice to look at.

I was trying to get that feeling as if it was premium formats. This was one of the reasons I really detested the customs. The big gaudy colourful Bat logos just ruined the whole look. You just knew they were toys.

I can't wait to have the two of them side by side. Easily the best 1/6 double combo to date.

Batman vs. Joker

Indeed. Imagine the car between them or both in front. :rock

I borrowed a picture Vodoun, I hope you don't mind and it's just to make this point...

Tell me that this...

7113024045_552314e17d_b.jpg

...does not look just like a publicity still from the film. I defy anyone! You would never say that they are 1ft tall action figures.

Love the new bases too!

Just received mine and I have to say he is great just as everyone else has stated. I did notice that the place where his flower is suppose to go is stitched and not a loop on his tux jacket. Is anyone elses like this? Also his hat was a bit bent out of the box but I may be able to reshape it. Other then that the figure looks solid.

Love the figure. I guess if I have any complaints it's the limited articulation. Can't get him to hold the long barreled gun with both hands like in the film. Hope they do a museum version.

Back