Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about it dude, they're all like that. :lol

:lol

You guys are crazy.

It looks like a glue stain, or a discoloration in the material. It doesnt have that shine the rest of the shirt has, like a flat spot when you get dried glue on material. I had a hard time taking a picture where you could see it. You can see it better in hand.

Jokerstainoncollar.jpg

And then the snag in the shirt. Similar to what some people where getting with the Superman uniform.

P1150243.jpg

Normally I wouldn't mind to much but the snag left a vertical line running up the shirt and a little "pinch" in the shirt. And the discoloration on the collar is easy to see cause its flat where as the rest of the shirt has that shine to it. It really stands out to the naked eye.

Got mine today. Its amazing. HT really nailed Keaton and Jack. The HS looks even better in person. And togther they are pefect!

Got my Joker today. Very nice figure, but IMHO not as nice as Batman. Slicked back hair is a drag. Jacket material is kinda stiff & cheap. Hat really blows...it's ill-fitting, poorly designed with the narrow brim & the lapel that sits too high...and I fear that the finish on it is going to dry rot & rub off in the not too distant future. Typical HT loose ankles as well. You can tell they tried to cut corners wherever possible probably due to high licensing fees reducing profit margin. Looks great next to Keaton Batman for sure. I give it 3/5 stars overall.

2.5 stars would be average. 3 stars is very good. 4 stars is outstanding & 5 stars would be excellent. I just feel not as much attention was given to the overall product compared to the face sculpt, especially the hair & the outfit. The best of the best HT products have that little extra attention to detail. Lots of cool accessories, but lets face it, how many are really going to make their way out of the box? Given the price point, level of expectation & comparison to Batman, it feels just a bit underwhelming. Still, it's the best JN Joker product there is available....but could've been better IMHO.

Of course, it's only one mans opinion. YMMV.

Last edited:
2.5 stars would be average. 3 stars is very good. 4 stars is outstanding & 5 stars would be excellent. I just feel not as much attention was given to the overall product compared to the face sculpt, especially the hair & the outfit. The best of the best HT products have that little extra attention to detail. Lots of cool accessories, but lets face it, how many are really going to make their way out of the box? Given the price point, level of expectation & comparison to Batman, it feels just a bit underwhelming. Still, it's the best JN Joker product there is available....but could've been better IMHO.

No, I totally understand and agree for the most part. He's not as perfect as Keaton Bats is. The hair could definitely use some work and I'm genuinely surprised at your observation regarding the low quality of the clothing material. Not many reviews on this guy have anything less than glowing praise, so I'm only messin w/you. At least you're not ranting that you want your money back.

I thought he gave a level headed honest review. :dunno

He did man, I'm just giving him trouble heh.

Have a feeling you will be in the minority. Appreciate your not just a mindless fanboy though. :)

reminds me of I'M GLAD YOUR DEAD scene....haha nice pics..i get mine tommorow AND seems forever away.......

Spending a few minutes with the figure the knees seem weak and the jacket stiff. OTher than that a very nice figure. $260ish nice? Eh, who cares.

Any Canadians that ordered from Toys2 hear anything about ship time?

The wait for this figure is really killing me.....I even have extra wrist joints and Joker money waiting for this figure.:(

That really does not appear to be all that bad. Even though you have circled somethng on the neck, I really can't see how that is a problem in 1/6 scale unless you get your face right up into it. And the thing on the shirt - looks like the material has been snaggled a little; just carefully snip it off or hide it under the bow tie.

:lol

You guys are crazy.

It looks like a glue stain, or a discoloration in the material. It doesnt have that shine the rest of the shirt has, like a flat spot when you get dried glue on material. I had a hard time taking a picture where you could see it. You can see it better in hand.

Jokerstainoncollar.jpg

And then the snag in the shirt. Similar to what some people where getting with the Superman uniform.

P1150243.jpg

Normally I wouldn't mind to much but the snag left a vertical line running up the shirt and a little "pinch" in the shirt. And the discoloration on the collar is easy to see cause its flat where as the rest of the shirt has that shine to it. It really stands out to the naked eye.

You can take the shirt off. I had to remove it to put the hand peg back in through the white puffy suit sleeve. Didn't work, but oh well

Back