Hot Heart 1/6 TX from Terminator 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the figure looks pretty nice, but I went with the Pop Toys version. The head isn't as good, but the outfit is way more accurate. I just switched out the head for the Modular Art version and it looks great.

I think the figure looks pretty nice, but I went with the Pop Toys version. The head isn't as good, but the outfit is way more accurate. I just switched out the head for the Modular Art version and it looks great.

I have a pop toys version preordered but not in hand yet. How is the outfit buttons? Are they 'real' buttons like the hot heart or are they snap and or velcro?

I have a pop toys version preordered but not in hand yet. How is the outfit buttons? Are they 'real' buttons like the hot heart or are they snap and or velcro?

Real buttons and I don't think I would ever want to undo them!

If you can post a pic that would be great. I may return the Hot Heart and pick this one up instead.

Don't want to confuse people by posting a different figure here, but since I think the MA head would improve either figure, here's just one quick pic.
012.JPG

Here's a few pics of my Pop Toys figure with the MA head if anyone's interested (the stock head was so awful that I just had to ditch that right away).

Overall I'm pretty happy with the look of it. Although like the Hot Heart version removing the coat to change out the arms is a major pain, and not something you want to do more than once. It's also a tad annoying that this one doesn't come with any base or support, even though the figure is too heavy to stand on it's own (it does come with a pretty cool looking rocky display piece, but you can't really stand her on it).

The other issue I discovered was that the neck is way too short, which means that the head wants to sit a lot lower than it should. So in order to get it to look somewhat natural like I did you need to lift the head up a bit and create a bit of an unsightly gap (although thankfully one that's not as noticeable from the front).

20170131_181414 (621x1000).jpg

20170131_181341 (578x1000).jpg

20170131_1814501 (580x1000).jpg

And here's a pic of the other head for comparison:

20170131_184057 (564x800).jpg

It might appear a bit large here, but it's not something that jumps out at me at all in person (and it's the same size head as all my other female figures). I think part of the problem is the shadow from the collar making the neck look a lot skinnier than it is, which is giving it more of that bobblehead look.

The new head looks better but appears to be too large. Gives a slight bobble-head impression in the pics. Does it look that way in person?

It's funny that you would say it's too big because it's actually smaller than the one it comes with, at least front to back. You would have to see the profiles.

The MA head looks a little big in the pics. I'll find out in a few days. Fortunately I only paid $24 for it. The Hot Heart head is pretty nice. I may still pick up the PopToys if I can find it cheap, but not crazy about the idea of double buying the same character.

It definitely looks great and more to scale in that pic, davejames.

I'm tempted in picking this one up, now. The fact that she's a "terminator" and having her displayed with the endo arm would allow her to fit right in with the other terminator figures. Who's got her for the best pricing?...

Lately I've been going 100 miles an hour down this slippery slope of 1/6 figure collecting... :gah:

I'm tempted in picking this one up, now. The fact that she's a "terminator" and having her displayed with the endo arm would allow her to fit right in with the other terminator figures. Who's got her for the best pricing?...

Lately I've been going 100 miles an hour down this slippery slope of 1/6 figure collecting... :gah:

I have mine pre ordered from Monkey Depot (the Pop Toys version) I got the Hot Heart from KG hobby pre ordered when it was announced. IIRC SMCG customs has the hot heart one in stock still pretty cheap

https://66.147.244.127/~smcgcust/Prestashop/product.php?id_product=1479

Yeah it's certainly not a must have figure, but I've still always found her to be a pretty memorable and badass villain (in what now seems like one of the better Terminator sequels), and thought she would look pretty cool next to my BD T2 figure.

And I got mine from Onesixthkit for $150, but I don't see the Pop Toys version on their site anymore.

Thank you, both. I'm just not sure which one is the best one to get. I certainly don't want to get both. Both do look good, although the Hot Heart version appears to have the better head sculpt.

Yeah it's certainly not a must have figure, but I've still always found her to be a pretty memorable and badass villain (in what now seems like one of the better Terminator sequels)

I still think it's the worst. Genisys at least did some kinda new stuff that made it entertaining on a superficial level.

Salivation was the worst. the dumbest and the dullest.

if we were playing the terminator ranking game I'd go:

Terminator
T2
T3
TSSC
Genesys
Salvation

I still think it's the worst. Genisys at least did some kinda new stuff that made it entertaining on a superficial level.

For me Genisys was just painfully cheesy with a story that relied way too much on flashy scifi action and convoluted time travel. T3 may have been a clear rehash of T2, but it was still at least much more of a straightforward action thriller with a villain you could actually take somewhat seriously, which is what I think a Terminator really needs to be.

For me Genisys was just painfully cheesy with a story that relied way too much on flashy scifi action and convoluted time travel. T3 may have been a clear rehash of T2, but it was still at least much more of a straightforward action thriller with a villain you could actually take somewhat seriously, which is what I think a Terminator really needs to be.
gynysys stole too much, and instead of improving it it turned all that into ****.
only a person who read the novel description of future war of T2 (based on the ditched script) and saw all sketches can truly understand me here. that "future war" is pure crap, and that time displacement device looks like made in 60ths by Starcraps Loucas compared to what it should have been.

Back