Media Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all the gigantic and monstrous enemies in this game I have to say its the tiny glinthawks that give me the most trouble! The flyers are always tough because I'm not exactly a quick draw with those weapons but what gets me the most is that every time I try to "focus aim" up at them some HUGE piece of grass or foliage completely blocks my view meanwhile I'm getting pelted from three different angles. Anyways that's a minor aggravation, this is easily one of the best games I have played in awhile with an amazing story and I am about 2 missions from beating it....then post game depression will set in.

Out of all the gigantic and monstrous enemies in this game I have to say its the tiny glinthawks that give me the most trouble! The flyers are always tough because I'm not exactly a quick draw with those weapons but what gets me the most is that every time I try to "focus aim" up at them some HUGE piece of grass or foliage completely blocks my view meanwhile I'm getting pelted from three different angles. Anyways that's a minor aggravation, this is easily one of the best games I have played in awhile with an amazing story and I am about 2 missions from beating it....then post game depression will set in.

Use the rope caster! Hit it with two ropes to bring it to the ground, critical strike with the spear followed by a few light strikes and it's done. :)

Also as you progress through the game and get more and more shards (money), buy all the purple armor.

Then fill the armor with purple mods of the same type of defense.

For example the Glinthawks do frost damage...granted I was high / nearly max level...but putting on the frost armor with 3 max frost mods...those hawks barely do damage. With the way the game is, you can pause and swap gear mid fight, as long as you are not jumping or rolling, etc.

I usually ran around the world in the stealth armor, until I got into a fight, then swapped to the most defensive armor I had for the type of damage.
...all until I go the power cell armor...then nothing matters anymore :p

And I agree, the Glinthawks were the hardest for me.
Always flying around, bobbing just enough to miss the weak spots right when I fire.
Look up and getting foliage in the view.

Yeah I have that power cell armor too (and I love it), its not that they do damage but the fights last forever and are damned annoying and 99% of it is because of the foliage blocking the view in focus aim. I expect to finish this up this weekend and then I have ME:Andromeda to start.....I was kinda hoping playing HZD first would give them time to patch some of the issues with it before I started but I guess not. Its going to be hard going from Aloy's animations to what I have seen of ME:A.

Just a side note on Aloy's anims VS ME:A

1. I have not played ME:A
2. From what I have seen on ME:A, compared to Aloy...Aloy has much more going on.

Less characters overall, so HZD can pack more into it's space.
Aloy...and other characters in HZD, tend to have lots of things on them, hanging around.

So after the base animation is added and character is moving around, then physics animations kick in and start to move all the extra pieces. Things hanging, like straps and hair and armor plates/pads start to bounce and lift as she jumps and rolls around.

ME seems like most of the characters are in skin tight suits, so no secondary or overlapping motion happens.

I've been loving this game and watching for statues of the robotic animals. Only seen one so far and was too late to preorder it.

I've made a point of not going to the final mission right now and getting all the collectibles, doing all the side missions, errands, etc. I'm not usually like that and so that tells me this is a way above average game for mechanics, looks, and just plain fun/interesting. It's taking too many hours away from real life right now, so I'm hurrying up with some last few things and will go take on Hades (I've taken down the focus network at this point in the main story). I'm also happy to not have read spoilers as I'm loving the story/concept so far.

Like more openworld games, once you beat the last mission...it saves what you gained (items / progress), but then reloads you to right before you did that last mission so you can go play in the world again.

Finally got platinum trophy with 98.xx% completion on my first play through (took 70-80hrs).
As enjoyable as it is, I probably wont open it again until DLC arrives.

Ending was simple but quite touching. Post credit has a cliffhanger...

HZD is great but I don't think it offers much longtivity though, maybe I smashed it out too quickly and am left with little reason to do a second playthrough. I can now understand Eurogamer's critical review of Zero Dawn but I would recommend this game to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just finished this, and I loved pretty much everything about it. The human encounters could use some work, as well as the facial animations, but I had a blast with the game and am somewhat sad I won't have an excuse to dive back into the world after I finish the hunting lodge quest chain and get the platinum. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. Definitely eager for the sequel, the premise of this first game was utterly fascinating.

Maybe the human encounters could look better, but we compare them to Mass Effect Andromeda's facial animation, and the point is moot, as native English speakers tend to say.

I love this game so much. This and Zelda BOTW are true masterpieces.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

Yeah I can't say enough good things about the game. The human AI is pretty weak as is the melee combat, but maybe a sequel could improve that. Also I don't think the facial animations are nowhere as bad as people are making them out to be.

Yeah I can't say enough good things about the game. The human AI is pretty weak as is the melee combat, but maybe a sequel could improve that. Also I don't think the facial animations are nowhere as bad as people are making them out to be.

Better visuals than that sad looking Mess Effect and the only game that will surpass it is the new God of War which will no doubt be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's something for everyone. But its remarkable that a game that's not hyperviolent(very little blood, no gore) or sexual (the most we see of Aloy is her belly), is so good. And the main character so strong and likable.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

There's something for everyone. But its remarkable that a game that's not hyperviolent(very little blood, no gore) or sexual (the most we see of Aloy is her belly), is so good. And the main character so strong and likable.

Very true! The game was easy to pick and the story was engaging. Guerrilla did there homework on this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed... they missed including the Focus?!?!
8c315109a52c778175a5dd130633ca02.jpg

Finished the game about a month ago, but i enjoyed it so much i went back to it this week and did the rest of the quests and errends. While i was at it, i went platinum.
The game isn't perfect. The AI is horrible and there was too many of those track and find someone quests that bored me to death. But other than that, this was damn fun to play that allows you to be creative with your approaches to a robot fight. Definitely a game that could easily be my favourite of the year in terms of fun factor. Although the plot might not be for everyone, it kept it's suspense from beginning to end surrounding the apocalypse which kept things interesting throughout the game.
21eud6d.jpg

Back