Media Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the desert area is one of the more dangerous areas I've encountered in the game. Those Rockbreakers are like something out of Tremors, I was half expecting Kevin Bacon to show up. :lol

Those damn robo-crocs are ****ers though. Funny story: My Strider got stuck in a river, I see one heading over so I GTFO there quick. They get into a fight and by the time I came back, the croc was dead so he must have been kicked to death while I cowered in fear. :rotfl

I have been playing games for so many years, but this is the first that had me saying "oh *****" (in my local language) repeatedly while running from 2 Ravagers at 4 Shell-walkers. Luckily, a few bandits came out of nowhere and took the heat instead :lol.

Have you guys stopped to try out the Photo function? I have taken a few here and there but this is my first photo.
My first Thunderjaw hunt.

Screen%20Shot%202560-03-10%20at%2000.39.09.png

That is a nice pic, dude! You need to post that on their FB page...........very very nice. I must have ADD when it comes to photo mode. I give it 45 seconds then get bored.

I rented this from Redbox for 3 days. I was able to get in a decent amount of play time but I'm sure that I still have over half of the game left. I like it. The story was beginning to pick up pace and I love the robot creature designs. I'll buy it whenever it goes on sale so that I can finish it up. Titanfall 2 was on sale for $23 so that has my attention now! lol+

I might have to pick up some of the creature statues!
o_1b7vpvkqj1kkp60bmibl8o21g.jpg

Last edited:
What's the length of the game? I keep hearing about it and the commercials make it tempting for the visuals.

What's the length of the game? I keep hearing about it and the commercials make it tempting for the visuals.

I am 20 hours in, level 25, and still spend most of my time on side missions - I get the impression that I am still in the first half of the game, easily. My completion is 25% according to game stats. But, granted, I am a slow gamer - and in no rush

I am 20 hours in, level 25, and still spend most of my time on side missions - I get the impression that I am still in the first half of the game, easily. My completion is 25% according to game stats. But, granted, I am a slow gamer - and in no rush

What's the game like? Is it made more like Ark: Survival Evolved?

What's the game like? Is it made more like Ark: Survival Evolved?

It is Far Cry Primal, but with everyone speaking perfect English and bad ass robot dinos. I am enjoying the side missions in this one more. Far Cry primal was very cool, but they stuck to reality a little too closely, imo. Haven't played Ark, but wouldn't be surprised. Hear some comparisons to AC3

About 15 hours in and just not really feeling it so far.
Will keep going but sense this game will get put aside half finished when Mass Effect Andromeda comes out.

About 15 hours in and just not really feeling it so far.
Will keep going but sense this game will get put aside half finished when Mass Effect Andromeda comes out.

Im bored stiff. Ive had around 9 hours of playing and exploring. Its boring as sin. None of the characters are interesting. None of the missions are enjoyable. Is everyone all robots or something?

I guess it's not for everyone, but i haven't had this fun with a game in a while. The combat with the machines is just well thought out and i just love how you can use the ropes to your advantage.
The only downside is the weak characters.

Potential to be the game of the year for those who are into this type of games. At least for me.

Yeah, I am enjoying the game. It's no Witcher 3 for me, but its fun..........

Same here. Taking my time with it but I'm really enjoying it.

The story line is not what I expected. I honestly thought that she'd spend the whole game trying to get in the Proving or something.

Same here. Taking my time with it but I'm really enjoying it.

The story line is not what I expected. I honestly thought that she'd spend the whole game trying to get in the Proving or something.
I wasn't sure what to expect, and honestly, that's for the best...........less you know, the better (in general)

I'm past the bit where you find out how the world ended up as it was and they explain 'GAIA'. I have to say the story's gotten really interesting now.

There's elements of Greek Mythology, Terminator, The Matrix and other post apocalyptic mediums in here.

Im about to enter the Grave Hoard. Its gotten better, the combat is great and its more enjoyable with different robot types.

I wasn't sure what to expect, and honestly, that's for the best...........less you know, the better (in general)

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid spoilers at all costs 'cause I wanna find out what happened myself. I'm quite glad that the story isn't what I thought it would be.

I only have 2 main missions left, I will say the main story has been pretty good and intriguing enough to move me forward in the game. The combat has been fun but not very challenging. Game is beautiful. If I were to rate the game I would say a 7.5 or 8 simply because I have no desire/encourgagement to do the sidequests or help the people of the world, as there doesn't feel like any real depth or genuine concern. The games cities are very poorly fleshed out and lifeless, and the main story is not enough to carry the whole game, despite that it really is a great first attempt at a new IP from Guerilla who has done mostly Killzone.

Back