Media Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched about an hour and a half of it. Not nearly as interesting as an hour and half of last of us. So far the gameplay looks like it'd get old pretty fast. I guess if you're in the market for a far cry-ish game it might do it for you. I was honestly a little bored by the story and dialogue though.

I was able to play this for a little bit today, pretty cool looking game. Looks amazing on a 4K tv running on a Pro. Easily the best looking console game just yet IMO.

Got the digital deluxe on PSN.

I love it so far, played from about 7:30 last night until 1am....then got up for work at 4:45am....its been a rough day.

I remember those days too mostly because I am well past them and shouldn't have done it, aside from the crap I heard from my wife my 41 year old body cant quite pull that off successfully anymore!
...but it was worth it!

I remember those days too mostly because I am well past them and shouldn't have done it, aside from the crap I heard from my wife my 41 year old body cant quite pull that off successfully anymore!
...but it was worth it!

LOL! Awesome!
Yeah, this looks like the kind of game that will consume a lot of your time.

Game is great, overall. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but what it does, it does very well. Think Far Cry primal with a dash of Mass Effect mixed in....

Game is great, overall. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but what it does, it does very well. Think Far Cry primal with a dash of Mass Effect mixed in....

I felt there was a little bit of Assassin's Creed III to it as well, at least in terms of how it felt when I would hunt deer and stuff in that game.

Definitely Assassins Creed 3 with some Rise of the Tomb Raider in there.
..and the Bioware dialogue wheel ...though I don't think there is actually branching stories based on the wheel, from what i've played so far.

Loving this game, but taking my time. Find myself really enjoying just farting around, hunting Turkeys, foxes for upgrades..........already maxxed out some of the pouches, etc.

Still shocked this game has no season pass, or day one DLC for another $19.99. Kudos to all that made this game. Fun as hell!

Couple of hours in and I think I might have an addiction problem. Played from 10:00 last night to 3:00am. :rotfl

I don't even have a 4K HDR television yet and I'm shocked at how good the game looks. Truly shocked. :horror

Couple of hours in and I think I might have an addiction problem. Played from 10:00 last night to 3:00am. :rotfl

I don't even have a 4K HDR television yet and I'm shocked at how good the game looks. Truly shocked. :horror

yeah, I hear you. I've been distracted with Turkey hunting. Every time they gobble, I just crack up,

So far, the other aspect to the controls I kinda hate is the way they have you scroll down on the D-pad for health, or potions, or shock style things to plant.

In a battle, I am frantically hitting down on the d-pad to get to what I need. Gotta be a better system for that. Rest of the controls are very intuitive.

4k has changed a lot in the year plus since I got mine. HDR is now a thing, which my tv does not have. Honestly, don't know how much better it would truly look. I still cannot tell between the 'resolution' or 'performance' option. I mean, both look good

Got at least 10hrs into the game... still running after foxes and Boars :lol
My only complaint is it doesn't really hit the feels at the emotional part, the rest is just amazing.

Got at least 10hrs into the game... still running after foxes and Boars :lol
My only complaint is it doesn't really hit the feels at the emotional part, the rest is just amazing.

I think that is by design. Main character is an outsider and pretty sarcastic.........but she keeps comments about that Father Figure of hers at various times. More stuff like that to come, I think. And fish hunting for bones and like is kinda hit/miss......hard to do it for a bit to get some of the 'rare' animal parts.

The barely passable facial animation and voice acting certainly dont help in the emotion department.

For my first points, I found unlocking the far left tree helps the most.
Open up all the abilities to sneak attack and take people in one shot without being seen.

Great game so far. Visually stunning. Yeah I get the feel of Mass Effect with assassins creed and Lara croft all rolled into one. The Last of Us was great because the story was emotional I don't get that feel from this game. The hunting though is fantastic it works really well even better than Tomb Raider which was annoying at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone here missed the power cell in all-mother moutain ? (Not really a spoiler, as it's not story related)
I got OCD about it and have been surfing the web to find a way in after the 2 gates were closed.

Finally I found a video on how to get in early (but you have to use fast travel to come out), https://youtu.be/hTTqVCg58k4

Back