Homeland - Showtime series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it me, or is this going the way of 24. And I don't mean top-notch, seat-of-the-pants season 1 24, I mean non-sensical, mountain lion season 2 24...

F__k.

I'm starting to lose faith in what was the most smartly written series on TV today.

So a congressman is going to pick up a Taliban agent and get him to the safehouse?

Hoping season two gets better. Great start, then two missteps for me these last two episodes (the SCIF incident and Brody picking up the bomb maker with nary a disguise except for a baseball cap).

Also, when Brody went to the gas station, did it seem to anyone else like the attendent recognized Brody?

:lol To those of us who have a clue as to how things go, it's coming off as a bit silly. To the general public, it might seem a bit different. It's gotten to the point though where my wife just looks at me with a questionable expression when a situation comes up, I shake my head, and we continue watching. :lol

This is, of course, excluding the car wash scene where we see traffic driving by as if nobody would report a half-naked man washing his car and shirt off in the middle of the night in a well-lit car wash. We both rolled our eyes at that. :lol

I just LOVE this show. I was also a huge 24 fan and think it was the best show ever on TV. I am so glad I found this and had no idea it was going to be this good.

I think this season is just as good as the first, I had no idea it was going to continue like this. I hate having to wait a week between episodes.

It was another really solid episode. I love how week after week they're able to build up the tension (even with some of the not so smart writing). I definitely didn't expect them to nab Brodie so quickly into the season. I also think it's interesting where they're taking Dana's storyline.

And will we ever see Morena Baccarin naked again?

Did they say whether there was going to be a season 3? I find Brody to be a very "likeable" character even if what he is doing isn't morale...Brody going gameover its going to be like letting Walter die at the finale of BB for me (not saying thats what will happen, just an analogy)...

At the same time, how could this end with Brody somehow redeemed?

Did they say whether there was going to be a season 3? I find Brody to be a very "likeable" character even if what he is doing isn't morale...Brody going gameover its going to be like letting Walter die at the finale of BB for me (not saying thats what will happen, just an analogy)...

Brody could always lead them to Nazir and redeem himself that way.

i read yesterday that there will be a 3rd season..........:yess:

and i can agree with 316what prediction. i can see some tense drama with him needing to be let "free/out in the open" to make that happen setting up a possible escape or near escape.......maybe?.........:dunno

Brody could always lead them to Nazir and redeem himself that way.

i read yesterday that there will be a 3rd season..........:yess:

and i can agree with 316what prediction. i can see some tense drama with him needing to be let "free/out in the open" to make that happen setting up a possible escape or near escape.......maybe?.........:dunno

Yeah, I heard yesterday that Season 3 has already been ordered. In all honesty, I wasn't sure how much longer they could keep the Brody as a one man sleeper cell storyline going before insulting the intelligence of the viewers. Theoretically, it could continue on following Carrie, Saul, and Este's efforts at the Agency to combat terrorism.

Homeland is usually one of the priority shows on Sunday's full slate of great TV, but after the missteps of the last two episodes, I held off on watching Homeland until last night. Wow. Great ending, and totally surprising that they would nab Brody so soon.

The parallel's between Brody's imprisonment with the Taliban and scenes from next week's episode are eerie...specifically, the hood being placed over Brody's head as he was being taken out of his suite. I may be mistaken, but in last season, during his flashbacks, I believe it showed Brody hooded as well.

Seems like we can expect rendition scenes in the next episode or two. We've seen how the Taliban "broke" and brainwashed Brody, looks like it's the Agency's turn next...

Where the hell do they go from here? Brody has to cooperate for the show to continue on.

That's probably what'll happen. We'll see them trying to extract intel from him while trying to prevent more attacks for the rest of this season, and then acting on it next season to hunt down Abu Nazir and feint off assassination attempts on Brody, with a LOT of BS drama filler dealing with infidelity and the daughter.

That's probably what'll happen. We'll see them trying to extract intel from him while trying to prevent more attacks for the rest of this season, and then acting on it next season to hunt down Abu Nazir and feint off assassination attempts on Brody, with a LOT of BS drama filler dealing with infidelity and the daughter.

Haha probably exactly what will happen...hope they don't kill off Brody either way.

The agency will have to get Brody to cooperate somehow...they can't hold a Congressman for too long without questions being asked.

I don't want to get all gay in here but (no pun intended) I can't remember the last time I've connected with characters on a TV show like this, if ever. Every episode I find myself rooting for both Brody and Carrie. Hearing Carrie break down Brody's downfall today was great and saddening at the same time.

Brilliant writing. They deserved all 6 of those Emmy's.

Back