Homeland - Showtime series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand opinions but I mean if you feel that strongly about something, what is the point of wasting your time?

Because I'm frustrated at it and want it to get better? :dunno :lol

Getting tired of all the shows I invest time in, doing halfassed efforts (Burn Notice) or ending because political views forced them to dead slots (Over There and The Unit).

I understand opinions but I mean if you feel that strongly about something, what is the point of wasting your time?

Yeah, I'm like Nam in wanting it to get better. I am invested in the characters and, based on a strong first and second season, willing to stick this season out to see what happens.

Man I seriously don't know how Carrie could stay an agent. lol even I kinda hoped that Quinn would slip with that shot and hit her right between the eyes..:lecture

i still like this show its entertaining enough to pass some time. Don't like it as much as the first 2 seasons tho. Really interested to see what they do with brody.

They should just Game of Thrones this ****. Have Carrie and Brodie reunite, they get in a car, it blows up, and Saul's the new main character.:lol :lecture

I think it should get pretty interesting from here. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that unlike most shows that end on a strong note each week, Homeland tends to only do that every 3 or 4 episodes; but we should be in for another good payoff soon.

From hardcore, emaciated junky injected with experimental hallucinogen, to kickass SpecOps warrior in a couple weeks? Brody must've taken Cap's Super Soldier serum. :lol

just like any other fictional character on TV or the movies I'm guessing. :dunno

It's different when you have a show so heavily grounded in reality. Aspects like that seem more like lazy writing than a small point needing a minuscule stretch of the imagination. It's also heavily compounded by the clear notion that Brody's a huge security risk and his relationship with Carrie near blowing an op goes all but ignored as half-hazard patchwork to hurry along the plot. Which begs the question, did they change writers between the past two seasons and this one?

Even some clever editing would've helped. They could've opened the season with this storyline and then used the Brody family episodes we got in the beginning, as filler to give a sense of time lapsing for Brody's reconditioning during the senator's postponement. Hell, it would've better sold Dana wanting her name changed and her need to get away from everything. Instead we're left to swallow something so completely unbelievable that it's more appropriate for Agents of SHIELD, than an award winning Cable show based in reality.

Last edited:
It's different when you have a show so heavily grounded in reality. Aspects like that seem more like lazy writing than a small point needing a minuscule stretch of the imagination. It's also heavily compounded by the clear notion that Brody's a huge security risk and his relationship with Carrie near blowing an op goes all but ignored as half-hazard patchwork to hurry along the plot. Which begs the question, did they change writers between the past two seasons and this one?

Even some clever editing would've helped. They could've opened the season with this storyline and then used the Brody family episodes we got in the beginning, as filler to give a sense of time lapsing for Brody's reconditioning during the senator's postponement. Hell, it would've better sold Dana wanting her name changed and her need to get away from everything. Instead we're left to swallow something so completely unbelievable that it's more appropriate for Agents of SHIELD, than an award winning Cable show based in reality.

yeah, well I guess some people just watch shows to enjoy them, others just to ***** about them. i'm on the side of enjoying them, wonder which side you're on. "EVERY" show you watch on TV or in the theater is unbelievable at some point or another, whether it's reality based or sci-fi, either accept it or maybe some people should just stop watching shows all together.

***waits for long winded over the top response***

yeah, well I guess some people just watch shows to enjoy them, others just to ***** about them. i'm on the side of enjoying them, wonder which side you're on. "EVERY" show you watch on TV or in the theater is unbelievable at some point or another, whether it's reality based or sci-fi, either accept it or maybe some people should just stop watching shows all together.

:lol Because it's always an either or with the simpletons. :cuckoo:

I disagree.

Weeeelll, in all of that you can't disregard how much tighter the writing was in the first two seasons. When there's a marked shift in the tone and writing of a show that you've committed to, it is reasonable to call it out.

Last edited:
I hear what you guys are saying and you are right this season is sloppy, slower and Carrie is more annoying than the previous 2 seasons. Maybe something did change within the writer's team :huh Im hoping Homeland isnt going to end up like Dexter becoming weaker and weaker until its totally unwatchable.
I am glad Brody's back tho.

EDIT: Found this dated 3/19/13

Homeland*executive producer Henry*Bromell died Monday of a heart of attack. He was 65.
The acclaimed writer-producer had been part of the Emmy-winning drama’s six-member writing staff since its first season. In addition to a rich résumé, which includes*Northern Exposure, Homicide: Life on the Street, Chicago Hope, Rubicon and Showtime’s Brotherhood, Bromell brought with him personal experience as his father had worked for the CIA."We were lucky to work with Henry on and off for the past 18 years," studio Twentieth Century Fox TV and Fox 21 said in a statement Tuesday morning. "He was a supremely talented writer and as kind and warm a person as you could ever meet. He will be deeply missed at the studio and on Homeland."In recent months, Bromell had been particularly involved in luring new staff members to the Homeland’s writers room ahead of the show’s third season. Among the hires: James Yoshimura, who had worked with Bromell on Homicide during the 1990s.
"We are deeply saddened at the loss of our dear friend Henry Bromell, who has been a part of the Showtime family for over a decade," the premium network said in a statement. "Henry was an immensely talented and prolific writer, director and showrunner, and his work on Brotherhood and Homeland was nothing short of brilliant. His passion, warmth, humor and generosity will be greatly missed. Our hearts and thoughts go out to his wife and family."

There it is...New writers.

Last edited:
I hear what you guys are saying and you are right this season is sloppy, slower and Carrie is more annoying than the previous 2 seasons. Maybe something did change within the writer's team :huh Im hoping Homeland isnt going to end up like Dexter becoming weaker and weaker until its totally unwatchable.
I am glad Brody's back tho.

EDIT: Found this dated 3/19/13

There it is...New writers.

Figured as much. It's just such a stark contrast from how last season ended. We were all "WTF?!" and completely sold on it! And so far this season it's like it's a completely different show with how poorly written it is. :(

Back