HOLY ***!! BETTER GRIEVOUS PICS (THE DETAIL!!!!) 18 INCHES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

:mwaha Definately true about Mr. Fett, so I suppose it could be the case with Grievous. :dunno I am only trying to say that I will wait and see - then promise to plunk down $450! :thud

Re: HOLY ***!! BETTER GRIEVOUS PICS (THE DETAIL!!!!) 18 INCH

Just because something fetches huge amounts of over inflated dollars on the secondary market well after it's sold out doesn't mean that it's original retail price was value for money in the first place, all it means is that there's plenty of collectors with money to burn that will be willing to pay "whatever it takes" to get a certain piece, but that's always been true.

And personally, if this piece if $450 I still think that's way over priced myself for what it is ultimately, but at the end of the day so what? You either buy or you don't, me, I won't, many will, and to each their own, and if they're happy spending that much then good luck to them. For me though, even if I really liked the character I'd be skipping this if the rumoured price was anywhere near true.

I mean Han Solo is my favourite character of the saga by far, but I wouldn't even pay that much for him, in fact I thought even he was a touch high price wise when it all comes down to it, but I could justify that one to a certain degree, this one, yeah like I say, just not for me I guess. :)

Sev.

Re: HOLY ***!! BETTER GRIEVOUS PICS (THE DETAIL!!!!) 18 INCH

Amazing looking piece. Insane price.

If this piece is really $450.00 then there is no way I'm getting it. It's crazy for them to expect the collector to spend this much on a piece on a character we don't even know yet.

:thwak

re

Just because something fetches huge amounts of over inflated dollars on the secondary market well after it's sold out doesn't mean that it's original retail price was value for money in the first place, all it means is that there's plenty of collectors with money to burn that will be willing to pay "whatever it takes" to get a certain piece, but that's always been true.

That's a very valid point...and you're probably right in your assessment of its price.

I will, in effect, be paying $250 for Grievous: the Han Exclusive will be the source of funds. :mwaha :D

TBH Jon, If your only interested in funding your grievous purchase I'd sell the regular Han Solo........I think these will fetch quite a high price too especially if it's from a dealer & you sell it to a UK buyer as new releases that haven't hit the EU warehouse yet always fetch way more than usual.

"And the people that are complaining about the $450 MSRP now will be the same ones lamenting they didn't spend that $450 when he's going for $1500."

Not me either. So because you think it's possible to take advantage of a fan, later on eBay, that it makes it OK for Sideshow to take advantage of us?!

WB43, I don't think Dave was advocated scalping the fig with his comment. At least that's not the way I read it. I think the point is that many will refused to pay the price for this piece now, it sells out whether it be a fast sellout or not. Then several months down the road when the piece actually ships, many of those same people regret the descision and find they absolutely love the sculpt and have to have it only to turn to the secondary market and outrageously inflated prices.

re

Yes, just to fund the Grievous figure. Mark, I ordered both from SS...and come to think of it that's not a bad idea. In fact, it's a bloomin' great idea. Thanks for opening my eyes to that option.:D :doh :bow

NP Jon, just read you talking about adding finesse to your collection & how much more finesse would an item with an ES of 250 rather than 2500 would do. It's like the balrog & the baby balrog, kinda. :rollin

I can't personally even think of parting with mine.

re

I suppose I have been so consumed by GG, that the spark and excitement of the SS figures has been pushed to the back burner...until now, so relinquishing the exclusive would have been fairly easy to do, in theory, given it's not my main collecting line...but now I won't let him go, just the regular one. :wave

:mwaha

How quickly things change, right Gaz?

I've got an extra regular Han to trade or sell, too. I think these will be very popular. The sculpt looks fantastic, much better than the Attakus version that goes for more money. 2500 is actually a pretty small number. I'll sell one to help fund my Grievous.

SS, we NEED to know if there is a cool exclusive or not.

grievous_image02.jpg

re

One of the reasons for considering letting the exclusive go was because the whole shirt and medal thing wasn't as appealing as the 'true, casual' look.

I don't have an exclusive Han on order - wasn't quick enough on the button. But that saved me from the hard decision, because I much prefer the look of the regular version and buying both wasn't an option. So I didn't have to decide to give up the preferred one for a more limited one.

I just made the calculations based on inflation and if Vader came out at the same time as the Original Balrog (Late 2001), he would have been priced at $320.67. The Non-Exclusive Vader would have been $274.86 in 2001 (Assuming a dealer price of $300 in 2005).

Luke and Han would have been $229.05 in 2001 if you ordered directly from Sideshow.

Grievous would have been $412.29 in Late 2001, based on my calculations. When you consider the fact that these pieces are: 1/4 scale, have metal, cloth, and light effects, and are from an unproven (for SS) yet expensive license, they are worth the price to me. Whether or not they are for others is a matter of opinion, and that's all I was saying. I really don't think that SS is gouging the price on these.

A $300 Balrog in 2001 would cost $327.44 in 2005 dollars. It's really not that big of a difference, yet you don't hear people saying "The Balrog and Cave Troll were too expensive", because now they go for $2500 and $1700 respectively. The same will be true for the Star Wars line.

These calculations were made using the U.S. Consumer Price Index.

nice research, v interesting..............but someone has too much spare time

LOOK THE SMILIE IS BEING WHIPPED & HE LIKES IT!!!
:drool :whip

:rollin

but someone has too much spare time

Yeah, I'm writing my thesis paper to graduate from law school right now (I graduate May 6), so I sit in front of the computer typing all day and looking at the internet in a hurry to get it done in time. I just did that on a break from writing. My paper has to be 30-50 pages, which takes a while to write. It gives me time to hang out here, though!

Back