HOLY ***!! BETTER GRIEVOUS PICS (THE DETAIL!!!!) 18 INCHES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

So basically what you're saying is you are passing on pretty much anything to do with Star Wars. Yeah?

No. If they do someone I want in the $200-$250 range even $300 I would. I know whats $50 bucks when your talking about Vader right? Well, right now I gotta concentrate on one line or at least thats what my CC tells me :lol So $300 is where I gotta draw the line for now.

So $300 is where I gotta draw the line for now.

So why didn't you order Vader from Adam or Bob? I got mine from Bob for $300. I can't wait to get it.:banana

re

He's constantly stoned...on poly...that's why! It dulls the senses: the Force is clearly not strong with him. :D :mwaha

:lol

C'mon Josh, join the Star Wars fun. I've got a ton of Weta stuff on order too, but NO WAY would I miss out on any Star Wars.

Oh I'll get some SW stuff thats for sure. I just don't have the funds to do both SW, LOTR, and Marvel which I also want stuff from. Hopefully, in the near future I will get a teaching position and I can really start getting some SW stuff also.

I like that Gaz poly dulling the sense. Thats a good one. :lol

WOW!!

Greivous looks great. I admit though, $450 is way more than a little steep. Ouch!!!:bonk

I also wish SS had incorporated his cape into the piece.

re

Knew you would. :lol :lol

Damn, I just rememered I have the exclusive Marvel diorama on order, too. :puke :eek :thud

An email landed in my inbox telling me Merry's helm was on its way to the EU warehouse. :dance Seems a little strange reading that after convincing myself to buy a $450 statue. :lol :google :bonk

It's nice, but $450 is just WAY too much. It's a joke, really. I still think $250 is way too much for the human characters.

Human's should run $150-175, any intricate, tough characters should be $200-250.

What are they going to charge for Boba Fett? $600? I can almost guarantee Fett will be at least $400.

I'm glad I didn't get suckered into this line. I'll cough up the $175 for the universal monsters, and even that's hard to justify to myself.

Sideshow really has become a joke. They used to be the shiznit, now they stink of greed.

I bet this figure tanks. He doesn't even do much in the new movie, if you know what I'm talking about. He's mostly hype.

They'll put the preorder up before the movie opens, then make it seem like he's selling out super fast, creating a false sense of urgency so you order right away. Then he'll be a "second chance figure" for months and months and months...

Just to show I'm not a hater, I LOVE the new Invisible Man figure. Great job, Sideshow. No one could have done it better.

It's nice, but $450 is just WAY too much. It's a joke, really. I still think $250 is way too much for the human characters.
$250 is too much for who? I think $250 is quite reasonable, and I paid far less for mine ($220 shipped for all of them). If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. It has been stated numerous times that Grievous is the most complex figure EVER for Sideshow. Just look at him. He's 18" tall, and has four arms that extend in all directions!

I'm glad I didn't get suckered into this line. I'll cough up the $175 for the universal monsters, and even that's hard to justify to myself.
How much do you think the license for universal monster is? Peanuts compared to Star Wars I would imagine. Take a look at pics of Frankenstein and then pics of Grievous and then tell me you don't know where the extra money goes.

I think the only fair trade would be for Indiana Jones (Toys McCoy or Cinemaquette) or Fett (SS).
You think Grievous is overpriced, yet you mention Cinemaquette? The Indiana Jones Cinemaquette will probably retail for about $1200-$1400. I think that destroys all of your credibility right there. Also you would trade Han for an action figure? I know it goes for $500, but it's still an action figure. As Hulkfan said in another thread, to each his own.

Thanks for trolling.:wave

Wow, if it's really $450, I don't know if I'll be getting that one. That's kind of steep. It does look very cool though! :rock I'll just save my money for the 1/4 Lord of the Rings next year. :p

Funny, Elwood. Just about everyone else here agrees that it's way overpriced. Just like Vader is.

I have more money than I NEED, but that doesn't mean I'm going to waste it.

Be honest with yourself. Are they charging a premium because they know some will pay it, because it's Star Wars and they hype is high right now? Do they know it's overpriced? Yes, they do.

Is this a slap in the face to their customers? Yes, it is.

I missed a thread. How does everyone know how much this figure will cost? Where is everyone getting the $450? :dunno

Never mind, just found the info.

Hmm, I'll have to see better pictures of this to decide. It looks cool so far. Would like to, oh, I don't know, see the freakin' MOVIE before ordering, though... :lol

price

Vader I think was slightly overpriced. When compared to comparable early LotR pieces at $300 that would seem reasonable. Since it is more detailed in the manufacturing, with mixed media, lights etc, I think the $50 was ok.

But for grievous, since it was said that it will be all polystone $450 does seem way over priced and hardly justifiable. I'll probably get him anyway, but I was really not expecting it to be more than vader.

Sideshow wants to sell them all and quickly, but the 1/4 scale line has yet to prove itself a hit like the LotR line has. So I'm sure they are pricing the figures at only a safe level so they don't lose their shirts on a particular figure. I'm sure they want to make it as attractive a purchase as possible so they won't be setting the price any higher than it has to be.

And the people that are complaining about the $450 MSRP now will be the same ones lamenting they didn't spend that $450 when he's going for $1500. :ar

And the people that are complaining about the $450 MSRP now will be the same ones lamenting they didn't spend that $450 when he's going for $1500.

Not me. I'm a SW fan but not big enough to miss having this guy though he is cool looking. Besides Sauron was $300 and will be what as big as this guy or pretty close right?

I suppose for me, I have to really like this character to spend that much. Most of the pieces I buy are because I love the character behind them, not just because they look cool. So we'll see what kind of a role Grievous plays in EpIII, if he is only there for limited time and isn't central to the story, I don't think I will want him. To me this character is a great choice for a sculpt and the WOW factor, but my assumption is that he depth may lack. :dunno

"And the people that are complaining about the $450 MSRP now will be the same ones lamenting they didn't spend that $450 when he's going for $1500."

Not me either. So because you think it's possible to take advantage of a fan, later on eBay, that it makes it OK for Sideshow to take advantage of us?! :rolleyes

I suppose for me, I have to really like this character to spend that much. Most of the pieces I buy are because I love the character behind them, not just because they look cool. So we'll see what kind of a role Grievous plays in EpIII, if he is only there for limited time and isn't central to the story, I don't think I will want him. To me this character is a great choice for a sculpt and the WOW factor, but my assumption is that he depth may lack.

Just a note here, but wasnt Boba Fett a sidecharacter? And just about as popular or even more so as Vader?
You are right though about first having to see if Grievous lives up to his appearance. He might suck like JarJar Binks! Imagine you just having spend $450 on a 1/4 JarJar..... :eek

Back