Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chris...think thats the first time you've actually said anything nice about my displays :lol:lol

In regards to the planets, i think everyone who was considering the same modification or effect would have understood that you couldnt display any of the heralds whilst he has the planets in his hand (due to scale of course) hence why you never see either of them in my pics when Galactus is holding the globes...

Not sure how others feel, but i was a tad disappointed by the Heralds when i recieved them. Hardly much detail, terribly cheap material plus Surfers board has a bizarre upward bend to his board :dunno I actually prefer the planet display to the heralds but they will always be there as an option if i want to chop and change my display.

Strange Sideshow never included a planet of some kind with this piece, after all, we all know how much Galactus loves planets! :lol

The actual planets have been painted by myself and are such an easy mod to make! PM when your about to get Galactus and i'll point you in the right direction

Whatttt? Nooooo

I've commented on your displays before in your collection thread. If I remember the last thing I saw and commented on was that sick batman cave wall you made for the 1:6 hot toys Keaton.

Truth is I don't visit this board very often. I'm mostly on statue forum and even there I haven't been frequenting as much as I use to. When I do return to the forums I'm so behind theirs like 40 pages more and 800 posts to catch up on. Most of the time...I don't have the time to go through it all.

Believe me theirs lots of collection threads and other topics I've been wanting to catch up on. But I ether forget or don't have time again lol

Hell, I even forget to update my own collection thread now. I got the Pop culture shock Kitana 3 weeks ago and JUST posted pictures today lol :slap

Anyway, I think your planet earth addition looks awesome. Dare I say even better than silver surfer and nova.

You know what might be cool also. If you suspended the earth on a fishing line just above his hand so it appears its floating. At least it will appear that way in pictures lol.

I'll contact you for sure when mine arrives.

Chris

Sorry dude,but Galactus can eat planets without his ship,Galactus converts bioshperic energy into energy for his consumption. He can do this simply by touching the planet and manual converting the energy with his hands (he generally doesn't do this because it requires him to use energy to gain energy, this reducing the total amount he can receive from the planet). He uses a massive power converter machine from his space ship to convert the energy for him so he can receive the maximum possible.

:monkey1

Wow...you're good.

Chris

Ok fair enough. I still haven't read a comic where Galactus is portrayed as being able to fit a planet in the palm of his hand. Can't claim to have read every comic Galactus had appeared in but all that I have read, while his specific size fluctuates, he's not 10-15x the size of a planet. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and learned something new.

Conceptually for the statue I LOVE the idea and it looks perfect.

His maximum height is 28' 9" according to the Marvel Handbook. His size can diminish down to a little over 10ft when he is at his weakest.

Of course, Marvel is always fluctuating with their bios of their characters, and I have seen him drawn to be what looks like 200 feet tall.

So who the hell knows. Marvel is flip-floppy.:gah:

Woozie! I never see you post! Nice pic bud. Makes me want to :thwak SideShow even harder for ruining my Galactus unveiling! This is how I am going to roll when my new one arrives. Looks great and the art is a very nice touch

Thanks bud! Sorry to hear yours had issues, but glad to hear yours is getting settled so quickly. It'll look great in your Marvel collection!

His maximum height is 28' 9" according to the Marvel Handbook. His size can diminish down to a little over 10ft when he is at his weakest.

Of course, Marvel is always fluctuating with their bios of their characters, and I have seen him drawn to be what looks like 200 feet tall.

So who the hell knows. Marvel is flip-floppy.:gah:

Im the one who knows,just ask me.

Galactus' base height and weight will diminish when he is greatly in need of life-giving energy. Galactus has the ability to increase his size and mass at will, the extent of which is unknown (he once grew to a stature so great he eclipsed a sun). Additionally, Galactus' base size will increase if he "overeats", in an alternate future where Galactus was consuming the universe he was as large as a galaxy and growing.

:duff

Got mine in today, best statue I own from Sideshow, better than my previous favorite which was the Dr. Doom EX.

1zdr.jpg

mof0.jpg

bbqb.jpg

pe82.jpg

7gpv.jpg

n54k.jpg

j84w.jpg

k9ob.jpg

ddck.jpg

v96u.jpg

Congrats actionjackson sorry but noticed they missed a spot on yours not as bad as mines dow. It's so easy not to noticed with a detailed piece like this so much going on.

Screenshots_2013-09-12-13-21-08.png

For those who have a brighter eye, put a piece of tape behind the eye and pencil on the tape in order to darken the tape.

It works pretty well.

Last edited:
Sorry dude,but Galactus can eat planets without his ship,Galactus converts bioshperic energy into energy for his consumption. He can do this simply by touching the planet and manual converting the energy with his hands (he generally doesn't do this because it requires him to use energy to gain energy, this reducing the total amount he can receive from the planet). He uses a massive power converter machine from his space ship to convert the energy for him so he can receive the maximum possible.

Galactus' base height and weight will diminish when he is greatly in need of life-giving energy. Galactus has the ability to increase his size and mass at will, the extent of which is unknown (he once grew to a stature so great he eclipsed a sun). Additionally, Galactus' base size will increase if he "overeats", in an alternate future where Galactus was consuming the universe he was as large as a galaxy and growing.

Im the one who knows,just ask me.
:duff

Or just use Google as he did, so he won't have to copy and paste. :D

First paragraph (post #12)

Second paragraph (under Characteristics)

Last edited:
Congrats actionjackson sorry but noticed they missed a spot on yours not as bad as mines dow. It's so easy not to noticed with a detailed piece like this so much going on.

Screenshots_2013-09-12-13-21-08.png

lol it's all good, I'll just touch it up a bit later no biggie. One thing I did notice though is the back didn't light up, I wonder if they changed that because I could've sworn the one at SDCC had the back portion light up

Whatttt? Nooooo

I've commented on your displays before in your collection thread. If I remember the last thing I saw and commented on was that sick batman cave wall you made for the 1:6 hot toys Keaton.

Truth is I don't visit this board very often. I'm mostly on statue forum and even there I haven't been frequenting as much as I use to. When I do return to the forums I'm so behind theirs like 40 pages more and 800 posts to catch up on. Most of the time...I don't have the time to go through it all.

Believe me theirs lots of collection threads and other topics I've been wanting to catch up on. But I ether forget or don't have time again lol

Hell, I even forget to update my own collection thread now. I got the Pop culture shock Kitana 3 weeks ago and JUST posted pictures today lol :slap

Anyway, I think your planet earth addition looks awesome. Dare I say even better than silver surfer and nova.

You know what might be cool also. If you suspended the earth on a fishing line just above his hand so it appears its floating. At least it will appear that way in pictures lol.

I'll contact you for sure when mine arrives.

Chris

Thanks Chris, only kidding pal, I appreciate all your kind comments :1-1: yea, having the planets suspended in the air with a fish line sounds cool! Definately prefer my planet display rather than the Surfer and Nova attachments :exactly:

Back