Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The light on base working but not the eyes and center.....

E6D7079B-8387-4988-BB3F-15CED76A16F3-60158-00000FD7E4BA4E86_zps974b3135.jpg

The light on base working but not the eyes and center.....

E6D7079B-8387-4988-BB3F-15CED76A16F3-60158-00000FD7E4BA4E86_zps974b3135.jpg

Hmmmm....this is what I was worried abt...hope this isn't a trend with those recieving theirs in the next few days. Can't imagine Sideshow would be able to replace these as easy as they would a PF.

One reason I am very glad to live in SoCal. If I have problems with a big figure, easier/cheaper to resolve. But hopefully the problems are few and far between.

You can't accept lights that don't work at the price you payed :slap
Is there a battery compartment in the base and another in the body, or do they all run off the base?
Does the piece feel really eggshell or pretty solid?
Thanks.

Is there a battery compartment in the base and another in the body, or do they all run off the base?
Thanks.

Yeah, that's true. He should contact SS for a replacement. I always find it hard to destroy an otherwise perfect statue...but if I was in the same position, I'd ask for a replacement.

Thanks.

A lot of these things you mess around with and get them working. When I first got my spidey v hulk and manthing lights didn't work right away. A little contact cleaning worked. However my brother's Sims lights went out after a couple years and never went back on.

Tough call returning a non functioning statue?. Err..

All I meant was that in my own head, I'd be thinking what if the one I get as a replacement looks worse (paint issues or whatever) than the one I got? If the lights don't work, I suppose you have no choice but to contact SS for a replacement. It's a really disappointing situation because he indicates the statue is otherwise perfect.

I really hope the lights work properly on mine when I get it tomorrow.

All I meant was that in my own head, I'd be thinking what if the one I get as a replacement looks worse (paint issues or whatever) than the one I got? If the lights don't work, I suppose you have no choice but to contact SS for a replacement. It's a really disappointing situation because he indicates the statue is otherwise perfect.

I really hope the lights work properly on mine when I get it tomorrow.

That's an easy call. We know that Sideshow only likes giving one replacement per claim and if that doesn't work. They'll offer partial refund or full refund. Now if this had a set ES and "sold out" you might be stuck. But with the open ES, if you don't like the replacement. Simply get full refund and buy another from Sideshow and start the process all over again. I guess that's the one good thing about open ES...:monkey3

If Sideshow wants to go with open ES. I'd make sure that I get a statue that meet my 100% satisfaction. NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE! You have to make Sideshow pay for any little mistake on an open ES statue and never settle...:lecture

That's an easy call. We know that Sideshow only likes giving one replacement per claim and if that doesn't work. They'll offer partial refund or full refund. Now if this had a set ES and "sold out" you might be stuck. But with the open ES, if you don't like the replacement. Simply get full refund and buy another from Sideshow and start the process all over again. I guess that's the one good thing about open ES...:monkey3

If Sideshow wants to go with open ES. I'd make sure that I get a statue that meet my 100% satisfaction. NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE! You have to make Sideshow pay for any little mistake on an open ES statue...:lecture

Good points. I would still lose about $100 or more each time I did that, though.

Good points. I would still lose about $100 or more each time I did that, though.

I would guess if you can afford this statue then you'll be able to handle the lose of a $100, but I do understand your point. Plus I'm going on the assumption that you'd only have to do this once. Considering that you get 1 replacement free of shipping charges. So, if you had to take it this far you'll be able to see 4 statue and if they haven't got it right by then. Well? Maybe it wasn't in the cards for you and that particular statue in question. Get another full refund and keep it moving with your collection or do the process over again...:lecture

It all depends on how bad do you want the statue in your collection.

I would guess if you can afford this statue then you'll be able to handle the lose of a $100, but I do understand your point. Plus I'm going on the assumption that you'd only have to do this once. Considering that you get 1 replacement free of shipping charges. So, if you had to take it this far you'll be able to see 4 statue and if they haven't got it right by then. Well? Maybe it wasn't in the cards for you and that particular statue in question. Get another full refund and keep it moving with your collection or do the process over again...:lecture

It all depends on how bad do you want the statue in your collection.

I just hope that I don't have to worry about any of this...get mine tomorrow and I can't wait!!

I just hope that I don't have to worry about any of this...get mine tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Yeah for me it wouldn't be that much for shipping considering I basically live right down the street from Sideshow. I'd be a nightmare for them if I bought a open ES statue with any flaws. Shipping for a piece like this would only be about $25-$30 for me. I'd eat that all day until I got the statue to meet my satisfaction. Especially considering that Sideshow isn't getting any of that shipping money...:) I'd be fine with that all the way!

Definelly getting replacement, can't accept it, but you guys are right maybe I will get a worse one.
The body is not light, at least doesn't feel like holding the avenger hulk lol.

Back