Holy ____!! Galactus!!...Link to Buy in 1st Post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Please explain why this statue is on preorder on SSC website ? Is it a rerun ? I saw it in several LCS in Paris. Thanks.

Because this has an open edition size. Meaning, SSC can sell these on there website for as long as they choose since there are no set number of these being made.

Hi,
Please explain why this statue is on preorder on SSC website ? Is it a rerun ? I saw it in several LCS in Paris. Thanks.

I believe it's because they don't keep these in-stock for immediate shipment as orders come in. They are more or less making them to order in batches, which means you could be waiting a while before there is a batch coming in that has enough to fill your order.

I believe it's because they don't keep these in-stock for immediate shipment as orders come in. They are more or less making them to order in batches, which means you could be waiting a while before there is a batch coming in that has enough to fill your order.

Lol yes sir! But don't worry because they'll be making them forever!!

Lol yes sir! But don't worry because they'll be making them forever!!

Except here is a more likely scenario- They get a bunch of pre-orders initially. When the first production pieces get delivered, reviewed, and talked up on the forums, they see a flurry or regular orders.
But as time moves on and the novelty of it being new wears off, and more newer and exciting product gets announced, teased, released- orders start slowing to a crawl.
Now SS has to start re-calibrating at what point are there enough "pre-orders" in place to commit to a new batch.

I think what is likely to happen, as time goes by, is that at some point the orders will slow to the point that SS says, "screw it" and orders up a dozen or so with the intention of warehousing those for any new orders and then just closing the edition out.

Open ES gives them flexibility, but at some point economic reality will enter the picture and it just won't make sense for them to keep taking orders for it.

Except here is a more likely scenario- They get a bunch of pre-orders initially. When the first production pieces get delivered, reviewed, and talked up on the forums, they see a flurry or regular orders.
But as time moves on and the novelty of it being new wears off, and more newer and exciting product gets announced, teased, released- orders start slowing to a crawl.
Now SS has to start re-calibrating at what point are there enough "pre-orders" in place to commit to a new batch.

I think what is likely to happen, as time goes by, is that at some point the orders will slow to the point that SS says, "screw it" and orders up a dozen or so with the intention of warehousing those for any new orders and then just closing the edition out.

Open ES gives them flexibility, but at some point economic reality will enter the picture and it just won't make sense for them to keep taking orders for it.

I was totally messing around. I know they won't make him forever. Just a small jab at SS for making such a beautiful statue and forgetting to put a number on him! I know in the grand scheme of things that shouldn't matter but it does bug me just a little bit.

Simple ES would make people jump on buying this awesome statue, in fear of missing out...

ES is last, you like it then you buy it. Personally my collection is not determined by how others perceive it to be. I guess what I'm trying to say is despite law of supply and demand, this hobby makes for art and preference. Like 'I like the statue but heck I'm not gonna buy it (for now) since most likely everyone will have it'. If reason is being price-intelligent, then that's valid. But not having to purchase all because of the numbers game despite the liking? Good thing my stats have their serial numbers at the bottom.

Guys here is some first hand advice :( . Do not place him in front of a subwoofer . I know it sounds stupid but in hindsight I had no other place. I had him placed in front of a subwoofer and got down to play some COD today. Halfway through the mission I hear a sound . Checking revealed the vibrations knocked his left hand off. One finger snapped clean off. Back of glove on the edges got some scuffs but not visible from front . Its like the piece just scrapped off. Fixed the finger immediately with super glue and its back on. He looks perfect but I know whats there . Sad :( . Learn from my experience .

Guys here is some first hand advice :( . Do not place him in front of a subwoofer . I know it sounds stupid but in hindsight I had no other place. I had him placed in front of a subwoofer and got down to play some COD today. Halfway through the mission I hear a sound . Checking revealed the vibrations knocked his left hand off. One finger snapped clean off. Back of glove on the edges got some scuffs but not visible from front . Its like the piece just scrapped off. Fixed the finger immediately with super glue and its back on. He looks perfect but I know whats there . Sad :( . Learn from my experience .

I am sorry to hear that V8. If you call SSC you may be able to purchase a replacement hand.

Is it connected with magnets or just pins?
Magnets should withstand vibration. Understandable if it's just pins.

My whole room shakes when I pump the base!

Is it connected with magnets or just pins?
Magnets should withstand vibration. Understandable if it's just pins.

My whole room shakes when I pump the base!

Its a magnet. Guess it was a bit loud lol . Its my man cave so no rules. Galactus is an open edition right ?

The carnage.

uploadfromtaptalk1391779597351.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1391779625356.jpg

Email sent. Let's hope it is possible.

If you mentioned in your email that it was your fault and that your subwoofer caused the damaged then that wasn't a very bright idea either. I can already tell you their answer will be no. You should have just said the magnet failed and it fell off, that would have got you a replacment.

That's two bad ideas back to back.

Chris

If you mentioned in your email that it was your fault and that your subwoofer caused the damaged then that wasn't a very bright idea either. I can already tell you their answer will be no. You should have just said the magnet failed and it fell off, that would have got you a replacment.

That's two bad ideas back to back.

Chris

I once got a replacement for something that broke when it was my fault and i told them as much. The Loki helmet, which snapped in my hands. I said it was weak and snapped in my hands and they gave me a replacement. If he says the magnets were too weak to withstand small vibrations from a subwoofer, they might oblige. The magnets should be strong enough to hold through some shaking, otherwise the magnets suck and sucky magnets are cause for replacement.

I once got a replacement for something that broke when it was my fault and i told them as much. The Loki helmet, which snapped in my hands. I said it was weak and snapped in my hands and they gave me a replacement. If he says the magnets were too weak to withstand small vibrations from a subwoofer, they might oblige. The magnets should be strong enough to hold through some shaking, otherwise the magnets suck and sucky magnets are cause for replacement.

Good point mate :)

Back