Hobbit : Character selection Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which charactor(s) from the Hobbit you would buy for 12" action figure ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Asmus should focus on completing its LotR

W020060623628548752626.jpg

What about starting the dwarf line with Gimli and Thorin, an essential dwarf from each trilogy. Then, since you've invested in R&D for a dwarf body, might as well slowly roll them all out over time! :wink1:

But Gimli and Thorin first, naturally! :yess:

I'm a huge elf fan so I'd love to see any from the movies. Like tauriel, legolas, thranduil, or galadriel. I know a few of those have been done by sideshow, but I felt they were sub par. They wouldn't fit in with this asmus line! I'd also love to see arwen and elrond. However, that's just my wishes!

Thorin, Fill, Kili, and Dwalin in there Battle of Five Armies armor (Thorin with black jacket, maybe a version of him with Thrains armor and crown later and then Kili with gold chainmail), Bolg, Azog (Armored version too), Bilbo with his blue jacket, and some armored orcs from BOFA. Long story short, some of the dwarves, orcs, and Bilbo from the 3rd film since those versions are going to be the most iconic.

Bilbo, Thorin, Balin, Kili, Dwalin, Bard and Thranduil are the main ones I'm interested in. :wave

Thorin, Fili, Kili, and Thranduil are my top "must haves."

Ahhh I'm too late for the poll, but wouldve voted Azog. Orcs & Uruks above all others, just my 2 cents!

I'm starting to get a little impatient. Any Hobbit related news Asmus, especially considering the movie is coming in little over a month?

I'm starting to get a little impatient. Any Hobbit related news Asmus, especially considering the movie is coming in little over a month?

Sadly...the LAST movie about Middle-earth...ever:( it does not have staying power either, so products will dry up within a year.

I wouldn't say "ever". With how much money the movies have made I wouldn't be surprise if they find a way to squeeze a few more movies out of it even if they have to make up 90% of the material. They could always do a trilogy about the making of the rings and Sauron's losing of the ring. Also they could try to make animated versions or in 10 years reboot the thing and make them again.

I think the Simarillion has plenty of chapters that can be trilogized (downfall of the Noldor, Beren & Luthien, the Akallabêth itself, making of the Rings) and they're pretty much a summary of events, so PJ can add a lot of stuff (as he usually does) and milk the thing for the rest of his life and even more.

(sigh)

Yeah, the way Hollywood works today, you can pretty much count on these movies being rebooted with a different cast and director sometime down the road.

The timing of said reboot(s) will be all about making sure things get rolling before the rights revert back to the Tolkien Estate ... and not because anybody was asking for it. Look at Spider-Man or Fantastic Four ... as long as Sony and Fox keep actively developing movies, those rights don't revert to Marvel. Not sure what the Hobbit/LotR contracts look like -- the paperwork is from the 60s and famously vague on many points -- but it's likely to be a similar situation.

Not sure I would be terribly upset if somebody else took a crack at The Hobbit, but I'll be plenty peeved when they inevitably remake LotR.

Back