Hobbit : Character selection Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which charactor(s) from the Hobbit you would buy for 12" action figure ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's really been a misfire since frame 1 but whichever one is "Evangeline Lily" please count my name next to it because no normal person could resist buying an Evangeline Lily figure.

While I would be first in line for Hobbit figures...I do not want this line to dilute, in any way, the great things that Asmus is doing for the LOTR line.

While I would be first in line for Hobbit figures...I do not want this line to dilute, in any way, the great things that Asmus is doing for the LOTR line.
I wanted to say something similar but have been whining about the LOTR line so I decided to give it a rest. I would rather Asmus stay focused on LOTR for awhile. Still no updated pics on Gandalf and nothing on Aragorn.

Still no updated pics on Gandalf and nothing on Aragorn.

I'm more concerned that Guritz -- which was supposed to be released last month I believe -- still hasn't shown up overseas and that no further word has been given.

In fact, Asmus has been terribly quiet over the last month or so. Which seems unusual, considering how active Asmus' rep has been on this site previously. Many promises have been made: Aragorn, Gimli, Eowyn, Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf, Guritz, Ringwraith and Steed... and now there's a poll for The Hobbit.

I'm growing concerned.

Yea I'm starting to curb my enthusiasm a bit. Only thing I've seen of Guritz is a release date of second quarter 2014, the same as Gandalf. No finished pics or news on either figure. Hope their spokesman on here can give us some kind of news. Sorry for being off topic in this thread but it seems like the only thread the spokesman is responding to at the moment.

Thorin, Bilbo, Azog, and Tauriel would be a core representation for me. I'd probably pick up the Dwarves along the way but after reading the book years ago and two movies I still couldn't tell them apart. I absolutely hate the Radagast design with the bird crap on his head.

Thorin, Bilbo, Azog, and Tauriel would be a core representation for me. I'd probably pick up the Dwarves along the way but after reading the book years ago and two movies I still couldn't tell them apart. I absolutely hate the Radagast design with the bird crap on his head.

Yeah, I have never been too crazy about how they made Radagast in the movies. In the books (well Lord of the Rings since he is not in the Hobbit) he never seemed to be so ridiculous. They came close to turning him into the Jar Jar Binks of Middle Earth.

Don't see a thread around here that would apply but I have a question for your LOTR experts: what is the significance of NINE to Tolkien? Nine wraiths, Nine Fellowship, Nine rings to men... is there a theme to this?

Don't see a thread around here that would apply but I have a question for your LOTR experts: what is the significance of NINE to Tolkien? Nine wraiths, Nine Fellowship, Nine rings to men... is there a theme to this?

I don't think the number is particularly significant. There are nine wraiths because there are nine rings of power given to man. The Fellowship's size was also chosen to counter the number of wraiths.

"The Company of the Ring shall be Nine; and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil," Elrond said.

It had been decided at the outset that Sam would accompany Frodo. Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, and Boromir all apparently volunteered with Elrond's approval. For the last two, he intended to choose at least one from his own household, believing that Merry and Pippin should return home to warn the Shire of the impending danger. Gandalf persuaded him that their bonds of friendship with Frodo might prove more valuable than the strength or wisdom of an Elven lord.

In the books, at least, the Fellowship's number had been determined before it membership had.

"The Company of the Ring shall be Nine; and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil," Elrond said.

It had been decided at the outset that Sam would accompany Frodo. Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, and Boromir all apparently volunteered with Elrond's approval. For the last two, he intended to choose at least one from his own household, believing that Merry and Pippin should return home to warn the Shire of the impending danger. Gandalf persuaded him that their bonds of friendship with Frodo might prove more valuable than the strength or wisdom of an Elven lord.

In the books, at least, the Fellowship's number had been determined before it membership had.

Thanks for that, I didn't know. I'm a bit of a novice to Middle Earth. But it did seem too convenient for coincidence.

No problem.

Getting back on topic, I'd like to echo the concerns of others that Asmus should focus on completing its LotR projects before delving into the Hobbit. The 13 Dwarves would be especially challenging because they were so deliberately varied in height and build to make them distinctive. That's a lot of one-off bodies to develop. The same goes for Azog.

I could be wrong but he might have made it nine because he planned on nine members of the fellowship. If he was planning on having one dwarf, one man, one elf, one member to fall to the ring, gandalf and four hobbits it would make sense to make them match the wraiths in number. It's been a long long time since I read biographies on him but I do not remember anything being said about the number nine to think it had a special meaning to him.

Back