HKFC * Hot Toys - Howard Chan Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Probably true, but Sideshow "is a business" and manages to deliver products from lots of licenses not just oversaturing the one.

Sideshow are not pumping out Iron Man 1/6 figures, because Hot Toys are doing it for them.. and while HT are focused on IM figures, it makes sound business sense for Sideshow to concentrate on figures for other licenses.

I'm sorry, but you just did. (I know, that was immature :( ) but the cold, hard truth is that they are indeed a business.

I think it's because when people say "they're a business", they are saying they go where the money is and thats why it's all Iron Man.

But lots of other "businesses" juggle many different lines just fine, are they not out to make money?

I think it's because when people say "they're a business", they are saying they go where the money is and thats why it's all Iron Man.

But lots of other "businesses" juggle many different lines just fine, are they not out to make money?

.. some businesses make more money than others. :wink1:

Hot Toys are making figures for other licenses.. just not as many as for IM because they don't sell in the same quantity.. that balance will change but it will take awhile. A vocal fan group promoting their wish list on an internet forum, may bear little relationship to actual sales.
Which probably explains why I am still waiting for Big Chief's Vinyl 10th Doctor

There will be surprises - you can almost guarantee it.

As I said in another thread, just because they throw a few tentative bones out there, doesn't mean it's gospel one way or the other - plans change, their schedule moves around, etc.

I'm okay with Hot Toys throwing out a random figure now and then in between all the Iron Man figures.

I view the Iron Man blitz by Hot Toys as an opportunity. I spend a lot of money on 1/6 scale figures, but I'm not independently wealthy. So while Hot Toys is busy marketing Iron Man Mark MCMLXXVIII, I can either take a breather and save, buy stuff for kitbashing, buy other 1/6 scale figures (custom or manufactured), or buy something else entirely in one of the other areas I collect. In my opinion, the quality of other manufacturers' figures has improved significantly and their prices can be a bit more manageable than Hot Toys'---though that's becoming less the case these days. Perhaps Hot Toys' focus on Iron Man is a little more annoying than if it were another company because we know what Hot Toys is capable of and we'd like to see that skill turned on other licenses.

And despite all the complaining (myself included), Hot Toys is doing with Iron Man what I think most collectors want for any license--a complete collection of every character... as long as it's within reason. I can rattle off a long list of characters I wish Hot Toys had made if only they had stuck with a license. Sadly, I suspect Iron Man is the only franchise that will get the "make everything" treatment by Hot Toys and it'll be a while before that dies down what with 2.0, Power Pose, and DieCast versions in the mix and the possibility of different figure releases for each character based on their appearance in each scene of each movie (don't think it won't happen). Iron Man collectors have at it and more power to you.

That's true but not as simple as saying, "hey there is more money!"

Without knowing anything about Hot Toys setup, maybe their factories are at capacity?

Perhaps Ironman/Avengers and Batman is stretching their logistics infrastructure as it is.

I mean sure, if there is money to be made it may be worth expanding but that could mean a whole new manufacturing factory is necessary. And the setup and effort could be lengthy enough that its just not worth them doing it.

But I don't know, maybe expanding their manufacturing would just mean opportunity for even more Ironman figures :rotfl

images

I'm glad you're here to tell us these things..

:lol
Lol that made my day

Good to know I can save my money, I need a breather as it is!

DX Battle Damage T800
Robocop
ED-209
Man of Steel Superman
Jor-El
The Crow

That's my 2014 no doubt I'll pick up Zod when he comes out.

i think people are trying to read too much into this interview. It seemed like a casual interview at best that didn't really dive into too much detail. He mentions "Joker". that could be any Joker.

Yah of course they will make Iron Man figures. The movies are extremely popular world wide. Every IM just about sells out. And im sure they themselves are huge fans or they wouldn't make all of them. But that doesn't mean they are dropping everything else. They will be working on a lot of other things like Thor2 and Winter Soldier will be coming next year not to mention many many others, even the ones that have been delayed a little while. And we will also get surprises too. Its like this every year, so I wouldn't read too much into this interview other than the biggest news is they are going to make Pepper :)

And they have their own reasons for the delays on certain figures, and I won't even want to speculate why, too many people do that already....:lol

i think people are trying to read too much into this interview. It seemed like a casual interview at best that didn't really dive into too much detail. He mentions "Joker". that could be any Joker.

Yah of course they will make Iron Man figures. The movies are extremely popular world wide. Every IM just about sells out. And im sure they themselves are huge fans or they wouldn't make all of them. But that doesn't mean they are dropping everything else. They will be working on a lot of other things like Thor2 and Winter Soldier will be coming next year not to mention many many others, even the ones that have been delayed a little while. And we will also get surprises too. Its like this every year, so I wouldn't read too much into this interview other than the biggest news is they are going to make Pepper :)

And they have their own reasons for the delays on certain figures, and I won't even want to speculate why, too many people do that already....:lol

That's exactly the point. The more Ironmen they pump out, the less slots they have for other licenses. I don't care about Marvel stuff so Thor2 and Winter Soldier only adds to the over exposed Marvel stuff along with their Ironmen.

The fact there has been a lot of delays with Hot Toys lately and it feels like they can't manage to keep up with the pre-orders.

Back