HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't remember seeing that shot in the toyark gallery^ how cool is that? Slide open the door and you can see the lit up screens inside.

How is this thing for accuracy on the outside? Honest question, I've never really studied the vehicles all that intensively.

Or if they do an EEV from Alien 3, they could give us the mini damaged cryotubes with the warning lights and have the acid damage done by the facehugger or favehuggers inside along with the other tubes, the damaged side it crashes on.......would also make a great piece.

I don't remember seeing that shot in the toyark gallery^ how cool is that? Slide open the door and you can see the lit up screens inside.

How is this thing for accuracy on the outside? Honest question, I've never really studied the vehicles all that intensively.

Looks pretty accurate to me. The only thing i think its missing are the grills on the front of the headlights like it had in the movie and the only other thing i don't like about it is the mud on the wheels. No big deal though just minor gripes. Anyways it's not out until the 2nd quarter of 2017 according to BBTS which is April to June so plenty of time to do more research on it.

Just working out the cost and its 249 plus 89 for shipping and the inevitable customs charge of say 20 - 40 euros. Factor in the currency exchange rate on top of that and your talking about €361 total. A little bit more then the average cost of a hot toys figure id say. Not bad. I think i'll pick up the figures to go with it.

Last edited:
I'm also measuring it against what I now hardly ever spend for a single item such as a Hot Toys figure from ebay. Assuming the final item doesn't have any screw-ups I think I'll be happy enough.

I think the customs will be higher than your estimate though considering I was charged 33.08 on a shipment from BBTS with a total dollar value of $170.71 (including shipping)

Or if they do an EEV from Alien 3, they could give us the mini damaged cryotubes with the warning lights and have the acid damage done by the facehugger or favehuggers inside along with the other tubes, the damaged side it crashes on.......would also make a great piece.

You really want an EEV. I notice you bring that up a lot.

Last edited:
I'm also measuring it against what I now hardly ever spend for a single item such as a Hot Toys figure from ebay. Assuming the final item doesn't have any screw-ups I think I'll be happy enough.

I think the customs will be higher than your estimate though considering I was charged 33.08 on a shipment from BBTS with a total dollar value of $170.71 (including shipping)

You really want an EEV. I notice you bring that up a lot.

I really do :rotfl Its one of the few vehicles as such we see in Alien 3, and from a design perspective it would be cool to see how they would pull it off if they went ahead and did it. Also, if the lighting is as good in the APC as it looks in the pics I would love to see them do the small cryotubes with the yellow lighting within them. And the red warning lights.

I really do :rotfl Its one of the few vehicles as such we see in Alien 3, and from a design perspective it would be cool to see how they would pull it off if they went ahead and did it. Also, if the lighting is as good in the APC as it looks in the pics I would love to see them do the small cryotubes with the yellow lighting within them. And the red warning lights.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair here but why would you want the EEV from Alien 3? Its such a boring generic design. It just looks like a cardboard box.:lol The APC and Dropship at least have character.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair here but why would you want the EEV from Alien 3? Its such a boring generic design. It just looks like a cardboard box.:lol The APC and Dropship at least have character.

I agree as well with that, but with few vehicles and tech coming out of Alien 3 I just think the EEV would be a pretty interesting idea to attempt at a smaller scale.

That APC has jumped right to the top of my most eagerly awaited preorder list. This surprises me because A) I'm sure I've said before that I think it's a ''boring'' design, like a block on wheels and B) it won't be to scale with anything I have which is usually a deal-breaker

Neither of these things seem to be a putting me off now. That interior detail.....

That APC has jumped right to the top of my most eagerly awaited preorder list. This surprises me because A) I'm sure I've said before that I think it's a ''boring'' design, like a block on wheels and B) it won't be to scale with anything I have which is usually a deal-breaker

Neither of these things seem to be a putting me off now. That interior detail.....

I always thought the design for the APC was pretty cool. Its actually based on an airport tug vehicle. I always thought that was kinda cool that Cameron based the vehicles on real world ones like the Dropship which is also based on a Cobra attack helicopter.

But yeah, looking forward to it also especially as you said the interior and being able to open it up and put figures in. The only concern for me is how sturdy is the actually design of the APC. I just hope for example the hinge which opens the back slot is actually not flimsy in any way.

nope i meant that strictly geometrically it really will be the biggest of what i know about :)
i still don't know if i need it. i HATE giant toys because they actually look like toys to me.

nope i meant that strictly geometrically it really will be the biggest of what i know about :)
i still don't know if i need it. i HATE giant toys because they actually look like toys to me.

Ah cool.

I am tempted to get it simply because I think we Aliens fans will not be getting an APC in this design and detail in any other scale. It seems like this company really wants to go all in on the line and want to keep making more vehicles if the APC does well enough, so I hope they do well enough to do so.

I believe it's the biggest one to date. Hollywood collectibles made an expensive APC statue but it was expensive and not very well received. This is the way to go, I'd be surprised if neca made a vehicle to scale its figure line.

I believe it's the biggest one to date. Hollywood collectibles made an expensive APC statue but it was expensive and not very well received. This is the way to go, I'd be surprised if neca made a vehicle to scale its figure line.

I just know from collecting 1/18 scale cars how big they are and this is in the same scale so it should be a nicely sized vehicle. I'm happy someone finally decided to go all out and make an APC with a proper interior to it although as i said before I'm not getting carried away and it still remains to be seen how good the build quality is but nonetheless still optimistic.

Last edited:

I agree. If we are ever going to get big enough vehicles that can open up, light up and also be able to fit figures in them and also be pretty good in detail, then this is the scale to achieve it in. I would be very, very shocked if NECA or another similar company gives Aliens fans this same treatment to the vehicles from the second movie in this much detail and thought.

Back