HIYA Toys: Aliens line (A:CM mostly so far, but more to come!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot for the pictures and review.
I now know to avoid them completely. :lol

I understand your statement about a company getting off the ground. However, they should then make their first product so "irresistible" that it would fly off the shelves. With so many available points of reference nowadays, and the tools that are available.... I simply can not justify such a purchase to myself. At least, not at $25.

Thanks a lot for the pictures and review.
I now know to avoid them completely. :lol

I understand your statement about a company getting off the ground. However, they should then make their first product so "irresistible" that it would fly off the shelves. With so many available points of reference nowadays, and the tools that are available.... I simply can not justify such a purchase to myself. At least, not at $25.

Yup. All perfectly valid points and no argument. As I said, can't blame anyone that outright hates them. I just can't bring myself to hate too much on something that at its core appears to be trying to give me what I want, even if executed poorly.

I'm struggling to see how they even got the license, frankly.
Kind of appreciate now how good the HT Snap figures were.

You know it. Those HT Snap figures of the Colonial Marines are awesome. So wish I would have gotten those back in the day, especially now since I own the Hollywood Collectibles Group 1/18 scale APC.

sure the figures aren't good but who wants the figures anyway its that apc we're after and that looks great tbh.

From Toyark:

A couple of new videos posted by Hiya Toys gives fans a look at their upcoming Aliens Armored Personnel Carrier</strong (APC). They have finalized the design as well as all of the new features. The videos give fans a look at all of those new features that the APC will have. This includes a canopy that opens to reveal the interior, seats for eight Colonial Marines, adjustable seats, a sliding side door and more. The APC is in scale with the Aliens: Colonial Marines 3.75″ Figures that are now available from Hiya Toys.

https://news.toyark.com/2016/10/24/...-toys-aliens-armored-personnel-carrier-228116

From Toyark:

A couple of new videos posted by Hiya Toys gives fans a look at their upcoming Aliens Armored Personnel Carrier</strong (APC). They have finalized the design as well as all of the new features. The videos give fans a look at all of those new features that the APC will have. This includes a canopy that opens to reveal the interior, seats for eight Colonial Marines, adjustable seats, a sliding side door and more. The APC is in scale with the Aliens: Colonial Marines 3.75″ Figures that are now available from Hiya Toys.

https://news.toyark.com/2016/10/24/...-toys-aliens-armored-personnel-carrier-228116

Thats great but the videos on that link don't even exist.

Wow. Yes, def looks too good to be true. How can they follow up the rough scketch of a cartoon figures with something as detailed oriented and amazing as THAT?!

It's just hard to conceive of the paint actually coming out that good or it having those light-up screens. Somethings gotta go wrong here. The production model will be sabotaged somehow and/or the price and shipping will be so high as to render it all moot anyway.

Wow! Looks to be worth getting if it releases close to the proto mark. Much nicer and more detailed than the HCG version...

It looks really good to me. For the scale it is quite detailed and the light up screens is a cool touch. If the price isn't too bad I may bite on this. Who knows, if it turns out great and sells well enough maybe they will do a Dropship or a EEV from Alien 3.

And even if the figures are hit and miss for some, if the vehicles turn out cool then I can see them tipping more of their resources into that side, thus then we can at least have one company who can give us some awesome vehicle representation from the films. Gods knows NECA won't touch them.

I'm definitely gonna order this. Always wanted a decent Aliens APC and this appears to be it. I know BBTS will have it up for order when its out but their shipping is usually too expensive. Anyone know if there's a HIYA toys website?

Who knows, if it turns out great and sells well enough maybe they will do a Dropship or a EEV from Alien 3.
Someone asked them on their facebook page about the possibility of a Dropship and Hiya said something like "Yes, Dropship in 2018." Of course that could always change if the APC's price ends up being too prohibitive for too many people, and Hiya hasn't been around long enough yet for us to know whether or not they're really capable of making good on every intention of theirs... but at least there seems to be a good possibility now for a 1:18 Dropship!

And there it is.

BBTS has it for pre-order at $250. So being the same size as the HCG one, but with moving parts, detailed interior and HALF the price ...I'm all over it.

Totally pre-ordered.

Here goes nothin'. Lets see what this would cost me....

edit - $89.99 shipping. After the NECA Space Jockey shipping quote I was expecting far far worse.

I would definitely get hit by customs on this but I might still go for it.....

Here goes nothin'. Lets see what this would cost me....

edit - $89.99 shipping. After the NECA Space Jockey shipping quote I was expecting far far worse.

I would definitely get hit by customs on this but I might still go for it.....

cool and ill think ill order it too as its actually less then most 1/6th scale figures from hot toys but a-dev just a local question here what did you put down in the bbts zip code field when putting in your credit card details?(as we don't have zip codes in ireland)

Back