Hi Sir, do you deliver to Timbuktu and can you get me a quote on shipping? (eBay)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trustey

Super Freak
Reaction score
So whenever I put on an auction, I always get 5 questions per item asking if I deliver to wherever the hell in the world. Then I get them a quote using fedex/ups/usps online. Then they get snotty and say "oh thats way too much, I got such and such shipped for X amount, blablah".

Well if you're the one living in BFE, and you always get stuff shipped there, and you know where to get these awesome shipping prices, shouldn't YOU be the one getting the quote and showing me where I can get this stuff mailed to you at a reasonable price?

Seriously it's not my fault carriers charge so much I'm not putting bricks in there or anything!

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

So true and another reason I don't sell on ebay.

I love the international buyers on this board. The last time I shipped something internationally on this board the buyer told me what shipping he wanted and even said that he knew it was expensive and thats what he wanted. So nice.

I had a ********* pull this crap, but he lives in California. I would've blocked him from bidding, but it was too late and the clown waited until after the auction ended to start crying about the shipping.

~~I think its because the idiots on Ebay believe that if they complain enough they'll get their way like doing it with Amazon/Wal-Mart/ etc., etc.

I've only had this problem once. I combined shipping for some items and the shipping came $3 cheaper then I quoted him... And the guy asked for $3 back and called me a cheat. I saved him $12 but I'm the cheat.

And then you can look up 9-10 quotes for people and be lucky if you see one bid from any of them.

And I agree for the most part. intl boardie can sometimes be a good experience.

I have had several requests on Ebay for international shipping and never received a snotty response. Same as on the boards here. Actually I sold most of my collection to people over seas and was fortunate enough to deal with great people. I even refunded money if the estimate that I gave was too high. It sucks that there is snotty stupid people out there but there are still good ones too. Que sappy lovey music. :lol

The only thing that bothers me is the "mark as gift request". However, I put in all my sales and ebay auctions right up front that I will not honor those requests. If they want to defraud their government good for them. But not I says this guy. :rock

I've only had this problem once. I combined shipping for some items and the shipping came $3 cheaper then I quoted him... And the guy asked for $3 back and called me a cheat. I saved him $12 but I'm the cheat.

Handling charges/shipping materials :lecture

The ones that annoy me are where I put in either calculated or flat international delivery fees (listed in the auction, right below the price and bidding field at the top of the page!) and I still get people messaging me for shipping quotes! I always respond back and tell them that it's listed in the auction.

I tried not selling internationally on eBay for one batch of auctions and was flooded with overseas requests to allow them to bid on it :slap I gave up on that.

The ones that annoy me are where I put in either calculated or flat international delivery fees (listed in the auction, right below the price and bidding field at the top of the page!) and I still get people messaging me for shipping quotes! I always respond back and tell them that it's listed in the auction.

I tried not selling internationally on eBay for one batch of auctions and was flooded with overseas requests to allow them to bid on it :slap I gave up on that.

I always put US only and to email me for international requests.

Well, I am from Brazil and to get the stuff I want for reasonable prices, I have to get them from people overseas. I know it costs a lot to ship stuff internationally, so you can be sure I'm not one of the people who complain about shipping prices - especially if I opt for a courier service over regular mail.

I'm more than used to paying for shipping, as should be anyone who collects the kind of stuff that we collect. There will always be people trying to haggle over the prices you offer, be them international buyers or not. I recently tried to sell 3 figures on a Brazilian forum and it was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with collecting. Brazil is a large country, and getting stuff delivered to remote locations costs a lot of cash - sometimes more than international shipping. Most people who showed interest in my figures were asking me to send them with free shipping. And I'm selling the figures for about half the price I paid.

ps: not only does shipping cost a lot for me, I also have to pay about 90% of the price of the good PLUS shipping in taxes, if I get taxed (which is getting quite common, unfortunately). Sucks, doesn't it?

ps2: I'll probably sell the figures here, if anyone's interested, they're Piccolo (with the extra head) and SSJ Goku from Medicom and the Sideshow release of v1 John Connor from Hot Toyes (ie., the one with the fixed head).

Last edited:
When I sell on ebay, I will ship internationally (it seems to me that the bids go higher). But I add the weight and dimensions of the package to the ebay sale and state in the sale that the bidders can use that information to go to USPS, FedEx, or UPS website to figure out their own shipping...I default to the cheapest, and I state not to pay for the auction until the shipping is determined.

In the future, I am just going to add the USPS postage chart to my auctions. It is an easy cut-and-paste. And they have been the cheapest every time, (so far, I only have like 20 sales), and I do not expect that to change.

The guy still complained and said that in the auction I said "Shipping" and not "Shipping and Handling/ Materials".

I usually dont have any issues with international bidders. they pay on time, are respectful and dont complain about the shipping price.

Back