Heroes- Now with spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agent0028 said:
That's what makes me think maybe they worked together.
Finally watched it today. Didn't they say that Mohinder's father was working with Sylar, but is just me or do we know who Sylar is yet?

There was the message on the machine from Sylar, I can't remember what it said now, but it indicated some sort of connection between them. And we don't officially know who Sylar is, lotsa theories, but nothing concrete so far as I know.

No thoughts on episode 7?
So the kid also have powers? Hmm..
Eager to see some of them getting together soon. Maybe building to a midseason major cliffhanger?

Not to sound like a Monday morning quarterback, but I kinda wondered if he did have some sort of powers. Isn't that Forge's mutant ability, to be able to build or fix anything? That's what I got from the X-Men legends video game anyways.

I've noticed something over the past few episodes, whenever Niki's alter (Jessica?) is on screen she has the tatoo on her shoulder, so is it only apparent at that time or have I only noticed when she is in bad girl mode? Also the mark on the cop was different...maybe two different groups or something? That might make sense if the guy with the glasses is a good guy (he seems to weird to be a good guy though) and "bad guys" got to Niki or something...:confused: Think about it too much you go cross eyed.

It looks like they're going to try and wrap up a storyline in 13 episodes, which was probably the initial order from the network. However I believe they got picked up for a full 22, so they may try and stretch out it out to fill all 22. I hate it when that happens. I believe Prison Break was like that.

And after a weekend making love to his wife there was nothing in her mind comparing him to her other current lover? Hmm.

I might miss a few points so if I miss anything hopefully someone else will catch it and fill in the gaps. The episode opened with Hiro and Ando at a small diner in Midland, Texas. A really cute redhead there has the ability to remember pretty much everything she sees and hears. For example she has a book of Japanese that she looked over for a week and is rapidly learning the language. Anyways, she goes into a store room and is killed by Sylar. So Hiro goes back in time to the previous day to prevent her from coming in to work the next day. He told Ando he would be back in five seconds, but wasn't, however his picture is on a corkboard standing next to the waitress celebrating her birthday.

Isaac Mendez was captured by Mohinder's gf and glasses guy. He's being held at a paper factory where Glasses Guy works. He overcame the heroin addiction and they wanted to help him learn to use his power w/o the drugs, but glasses guy needs him to paint more pictures so he can save Claire. So in the end he tells M.'s gf to talk him into taking the heroin and painting the picture. There was a hint that maybe she has some sort of presuasive ability and a reference to her past like, "have you forgotten what you were when I found you?" Something like that.

Mohinder scattered his father's ashes and went back to work at the college. He met up with an old flame who tried to convince him to come work for a genetics company (I think) but he had to give up his father's theories. M. also discovered that he had a sister who died when she was little, and he's had two dreams where this adolescent w/ longish hair and a soccer ball appeared in them. The first dream was him and his father arguing about his father going to USA, and then his mother telling his father to go. In the second dream he witnessed his father's murder. When M. woke up from the second dream he found a file f his father's with a picture of the boy in it and I think there was some sort of dream study with it.

Wow was it me or did NBC way over hype the last episode? It was no where near what I expected.

I agree, I was waaay let down. I don't think anything worthwhile really happened last night. I suppose glasses guy's "henchman" getting Sylar was something, but since we don't know anything about where that is going...ho hum.

I love the show, but if they don't start getting in to some super hero fighting action or something its gonna lose me. I suspect others agree. It's like the first fantastic four movie, too much time discovering powers etc and not enough time doing stuff with them.

I enjoyed last night's episode. Saving the cheerleader has been resolved, now we get to see how that unfolds into saving the world. It looks like we're gonna start getting into Sylar's backstory with next week's ep., I can't wait to see what he's all about.

I can understand why we're not getting big superhero battles this early on. These people have just discovered their powers and are still figuring out how to use them, they can't just automatically be the X-Men. I don't expect those sorts of epic battles until later on in the series.

I do have one complaint with the show and that's the Niki/Jessica storyline. It's a big drag on the show imo, it feels like everything slows to a crawl when they focus on her. I'm sure it'll become more significant down the road, but for right now it just feels like a time filler B plot.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I do have one complaint with the show and that's the Niki/Jessica storyline. It's a big drag on the show imo, it feels like everything slows to a crawl when they focus on her. I'm sure it'll become more significant down the road, but for right now it just feels like a time filler B plot.

Yeah... and I don't really see how her split personality is a super-power... Of course the fact that the actress isn't quite the strongest actor in the show doesn't help either.

heroes_banner.gif

I don't think we'll ever see knock-down drag out superhero battles. It's not a feature film after all.

I don't think Jessica/Nikki is a drag and I think there's a bit more to it than they've revealed yet. Personally I'd like to see more of the Cop's story.

Did anyone think that in that first shot where you see Sylar's face in part shadow he looked like Mohinder? It obviously wasn't later on, but that kind of freaked me out.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't think we'll ever see knock-down drag out superhero battles. It's not a feature film after all.

I don't think Jessica/Nikki is a drag and I think there's a bit more to it than they've revealed yet. Personally I'd like to see more of the Cop's story.

Did anyone think that in that first shot where you see Sylar's face in part shadow he looked like Mohinder? It obviously wasn't later on, but that kind of freaked me out.
I think I recognized the guy playing Sylar, I just can't place him.

yeh looked a bit like Mohinder.

i think i caught a pretty big continuity error in the episode 2 weeks ago. when mind cop was interogating radiation terrorist they were both talking about how they recieved their powers, or "strange things happening" after they were abducted and woke up. but mind cop had his powers before he was abducted. matter of fact, it seemed to me that nothing ever really came about from his abduction.
some of the people who saw the uncut pilot episode at SDCC posted about how it was alot longer and introduced radiation terrorist in the pilot. i'm wondering if the continuity error is due to the pilot being cut up and aired differently. anyone else think that was weird?

Mookeylama said:
yeh looked a bit like Mohinder.

i think i caught a pretty big continuity error in the episode 2 weeks ago. when mind cop was interogating radiation terrorist they were both talking about how they recieved their powers, or "strange things happening" after they were abducted and woke up. but mind cop had his powers before he was abducted. matter of fact, it seemed to me that nothing ever really came about from his abduction.
some of the people who saw the uncut pilot episode at SDCC posted about how it was alot longer and introduced radiation terrorist in the pilot. i'm wondering if the continuity error is due to the pilot being cut up and aired differently. anyone else think that was weird?

When did they say that the Cop had his powers before he was abducted? Also I dont remember the cop being abducted so when was he abducted? That was the first I remember hearing about when he got the powers.

mfoga said:
When did they say that the Cop had his powers before he was abducted? Also I dont remember the cop being abducted so when was he abducted? That was the first I remember hearing about when he got the powers.
He was abducted after he helped find the little girl. He was at a bar and could hear everyone's thoughts except the guy who abducted him.

I'm not so much looking for epic or knock down dragout super hero battles. Just a little more stuff like Niki and her Hubby's fight, and Sylar vs. the cop.

Bannister said:
He was abducted after he helped find the little girl. He was at a bar and could hear everyone's thoughts except the guy who abducted him.

EXACTLY! he gained the powers as he was searching for a lil girl whose family had been killed, presumably by Sylar. then like 2 episodes later, he was abducted and glasses man told his Haitian henchman to wipe him clean (or maybe "go deep"). anyway, nothing really came of it. next we saw mind cop, he was coming home to his wife who was worried that he'd been missing. he seemed not to remember being abducted but then he did in the iterogation w/ radioactive terrorist. maybe that was the intent of the abduction, so that he'd foregt WHEN he first got his powers, because he definitely had them before the abduction.

gdb said:
Yeah... and I don't really see how her split personality is a super-power... Of course the fact that the actress isn't quite the strongest actor in the show doesn't help either.

Do the producers think that we will pay attention to boring nicki because she's hot and that's it? I think she's very attractive but that doesn't automatically mean she should get the most screen time. put the interesting people on the show and leave the pretty/useless people in the background.

Back