Here we go again .... the grand theft auto complaints !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REALLY??!! A game where the object is to steal cars and shoot cops, and you think they are not wasting there time with this. It is a cartoon game. You really think someone is going to be playing this game and say "Gee, you know, when I was shooting all those cops, raping and killing all those prostitutes and running over those blind children crossing the street, DRIVING DRUNK made it that much more FUN!!! I think next time I drive, I am going to drive drunk." Give me a break. Anyway, it is a mature game, and children have no buisness playing it.

^^^^ing A!!! That's why it's rated "M" for Mature: 17 and older only. It's parents fault if they want to let their children see stuff like this.

I agree that they should not, but it's still up to the parents. I'm sorry, but I need adult entertainment. I can't play Viva Pinata! I'm 25 ^^^^ing years old!! I have different tastes then 10 year olds, sorry!

Anyway, it is a mature game, and children have no buisness playing it. It's called being a parent.

And you never did anything bad your parents never knew about? You can be the greatest parent in the world and you kid can still do dumb stuff.

And you never did anything bad your parents never knew about? You can be the greatest parent in the world and you kid can still do dumb stuff.

So then nothing "bad" should exist because a poor, innocent child might come into contact with it?

I'm sorry, but I need adult entertainment. I can't play Viva Pinata! I'm 25 ^^^^ing years old!! I have different tastes then 10 year olds, sorry!

Actually Viva Pinata has sex and killing in it too. Its actually an adult game hidden behind cutesy graphics. Thats why the game bombed, it was too adult for kids and too kiddy for adults.

But that's a whole 'nother thread.

So then nothing "bad" should exist because a poor, innocent child might come into contact with it?

I'm not saying that. He said the parents should not allow their kids to play the game and I say that if a kind wants to play it there is nothing a good parent can do about it... they will find a way.

I'm not saying that. He said the parents should not allow their kids to play the game and I say that if a kind wants to play it there is nothing a good parent can do about it... they will find a way.

oh ok, gotchs. Yeah, you're right. It's bound to happen, but parents still can control what goes on under their own roof and try to teach their kids what they believe is right from wrong. Many parents ignore that today.

oh ok, gotchs. Yeah, you're right. It's bound to happen, but parents still can control what goes on under their own roof and try to teach their kids what they believe is right from wrong. Many parents ignore that today.

Thats the key. They need to TEACH their kids about the game and why its wrong to do that stuff in real life. Just keeping them away from it won't solve anything because they will find out on their own.

You can't blame the games 100% just like you can't blame parents 100%. The best a parent can do it teach their kids how to be good people and know right from wrong but if a kind has their mind set on doing something bad they will. I have been playing videogames since I was 9 and I don't even kill the spiders in my house (I catch them and toss them out the window) so obviously the violence of games over the last 28 years had no bad effect on me... but my parents also taught me how to be a good person.

Last edited:
Thats the key. They need to TEACH their kids about the game and why its wrong to do that stuff in real life. Just keeping them away from it won't solve anything because they will find out on their own.

Well, I'd teach them wrong from right, but I still would not buy a copy of GTA4 for a 12 y/o kid either.

Nope, teen games only until they are the appropriate age. My kids going to be playing Nintendo until he's like 12. I know their content is kid safe.

Back