Here we go again .... the grand theft auto complaints !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how people are already complaining about this game. :D

Any parent who can watch their kid play this game is seriously messed up in the head. The very first scene is a guy getting whipped by a dominatrix for freaks sake.

Heck, GTA:San Andreas had the first spoken word as the f-word.

Parents can be so stupid.

give it two days before Leiberman jumps on the band-wagon.
and exactly...kids should not be playing or watching this game be played.

I have been playing it all day and it's really not that hardcore.I even gave my 7 year old a test drive for an hour or so.All he was doing was shooting people and driving the cars around.I ofcourse didn't tell him about the sexual aspects of the game.

is the shooting part ok, but the sex is not?

it's all publicity & good for all

GTA gets all the good 'bad' publicity & generates more sales

and the criticizing party/charity etc use GTA to get publicity for their cause as their donation based and probably get more donations

so who's the worst.....the bad influence or the people who use the bad influence to generate funds?

NPR reported about a study of children who played violent video games and first person shooters... the kids displayed no more anti-social or violent behavior after playing the games than they did before and took nothing from the games into their real lives. They understood it was just a game and that the kind of behavior that is ok in the games is not ok in real life. So why do these organizations still continue to claim that these games affect children and cause anti-social behavior???

NPR reported about a study of children who played violent video games and first person shooters... the kids displayed no more anti-social or violent behavior after playing the games than they did before and took nothing from the games into their real lives. They understood it was just a game and that the kind of behavior that is ok in the games is not ok in real life. So why do these organizations still continue to claim that these games affect children and cause anti-social behavior???

because it's inflamatory and gets attention.

it's just so funny how sex is considered BAD, but violence is ok.

This world is ran by violence. Every country in the world has some sort of violent history past and present. If the kids aren't playing it on a game they are watching it in cartoons. There is no escaping it so we should just monitor our kids and make sure they understand the difference between justified homicide and criminal homicide. :D

It's not at all a surprise that people are attacking this game. After all it's the music, movies or in this case a video game that's teaching the children of the world to do bad things. It's not that stupid parents buy it for their children. It's not the parents fault for allowing TV and video games to raise their children because it's easier. It's not that parents don't want to be parents.....lord no. It's everyone else and everything elses fault.

oh, and the first time i got drunk i decided to wait it out. after the controller finally stopped rumbling and the screen went back to normal i figured i could finally drive. not long after, i attracted the attention of the cops because i was still weaving.

ended up getting in a shootout with them and Roman got shot.

so, lesson learned. not trying to drive, even if things seem normal.

I haven't played the game but I get the idea that it's all about releasing aggression in as antisocial a manner as possible - better in a game than in real life.

I wouldn't call hanging out the window of a car shooting mo fo's while Ill Jedi drives and Bagelsncheesy and DeeNice are in the car shooting at said mo fo's as well antisocial. :lecture

We even can actually talk to one another. It is amazing. :lol

Ok here are my observations. (maybe not specificly about this article but about all the ones that will follow as well.)

#1 You all knew this was coming so why be surprised.

#2 Its not like they want to take your copy of the game, they just don't want kinds to play it and to be honest I agree with them about that.

#3 You say the parents need to know what their kids are playing and that's 100% true but if nobody tells them what's in the game how are they supposed to know? That's what these guys are doing... informing them.

#4 People say censorship is wrong, and it is, but you cant use that to defend you opinion and then turn around and bash somebody else for doing the same thing.

#5 This argument has been going on since Doom yet I don't see any censorship. I don't see anything being "toned down" so obviously its not hurting the game industry.

#3 You say the parents need to know what their kids are playing and that's 100% true but if nobody tells them what's in the game how are they supposed to know? That's what these guys are doing... informing them.

I agree with you on all the other points except this one. If parents are to dumb to not see the big M on the front of the box then that is on them. Also there is a great description of the game on the back of the box that tells them just what type of content is in the game. If they can't make a decision as to what is right for their child after reading those items well then they are a little ---->:duh in my book.

You're kidding me right? Like BM said, there is a huge M on the box. Also, why aren't they checking if their kids are doing their homework? Don't they ever walk in, or by, their room and see what the kid is doing?

Also, parents need to utilize the rating lock on the 360. That way, the kids couldn't play the M rated games even if they wanted to.

It all falls on the parents.

I don't have this game specificly but I am guessing it says...

M
Violence
Adult Themes
Sexual Situations.

I agree that you would think that would be enough to let the parents know what is going on (it would be for me) I have no problem with groups pointing out other things as well. They may take their preaching a little too far sometimes but the more info thats out there the better.

Back