Hercules

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. I rewatch those sometimes on the weekends when they are on in the wee hours of night. Cannot believe how hack they are, but they are such a glorious bromance romp, so much fun. Love how they used Xena as a different character and Iolas even made the comment, "she looks a little like Xena". :lol

This looks to be the total opposite though, and looks like an attempt at a serious story featuring the labors of Hercules. Being a fan of mythology and the Rock, I'm hoping for the best for this.

...and then theres Ratner.... :lol

I have been tempted to start the series over on Netflix. I have not watched it since I was a kid. But I remember both this and Xena had some serious guest stars. I think Karl Urban played Julius Caesar on Xena. Bruce Campbell as Autolocus the king of Thieves. Gina Torres was in it for a minute. I may have talked myself into this show again.

I'm a fan of mythology too, so a serious take on Herc and his labors would be cool.

Ryan-Gosling-Young-Hercules.png

see, herc aint no urban achiever. :lol

I have been tempted to start the series over on Netflix. I have not watched it since I was a kid. But I remember both this and Xena had some serious guest stars. I think Karl Urban played Julius Caesar on Xena. Bruce Campbell as Autolocus the king of Thieves. Gina Torres was in it for a minute. I may have talked myself into this show again.

I'm a fan of mythology too, so a serious take on Herc and his labors would be cool.

Spotting guest stars is one of the best parts of rewatching. :hi5:

Not personally. I want to tonight maybe. I've heard it's a fun movie and has a bit more heart to it than expected. I'm sure it's not excellent, but compared to the Hercules flick that came out earlier this year this is probably LOTR quality.

saw this last night. Was better than I thought it would be, but not what I thought it would be at the same time, the extra dough for the 3D wasn't worth it though.

It's The Rock wearing lion's skin and smashing the **** out of barbarians with a club during massive battles.
Worth at least one viewing on a big screen! :)

Wish I'd waited for Redbox. What a snoozer. Really didn't expect much considering it's a Ratner film... and didn't get much. What a waste of Dwayne and Ian's time. Really expected more, wish they'd gutted the rest of his band of dumb****s and just had the Rock and McShane and amped up the flick a bit with a competent director.

yea, I would've much preferred just the Rock and his main buddy fighting monsters, maybe the Amazon chick for eye candy too.

I liked the spin or how Hercules was legend. But I really thought this movie was TERRIBLE. Glad I rented it instead of going to the theater. The Rock has made some pretty bad movies.

Back