Help with shipping PF Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nash

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm relatively clueless when it comes to shipping large oversized boxes so I was hoping that some of you more experienced people could help me out.

Im currently in North Dakota and in a few months I'll be moving back home to Hawaii which means that I will have to ship my PF Hulk back to Hawaii.

What kind of pricing would I be looking at here and which shipping carrier should I use? If someone could do a quick research I would greatly appreciate it. I have no idea how big the shipping box is since I dont have my Hulk yet. Thanks guys, I hope someone can give me some price estimates.

feed ex is the cheapest...i was curious one night and checked it out.(not sure about to hawaii though, don't guess you can use ground :)).

Last edited:
UPS

Package Weight Dimensions / Packaging Declared Value Notices
1 50 lbs. 21 x 19 x 17 in. /
Your Packaging 400 USD

Rates By Service
Service Days In Transit Guaranteed By Total
UPS Sonic Air®
Same Day* Same Day* See Note* Get a Sonic Air Quote
UPS Next Day Air®
Billable Weight: 50.0 lbs.
1 By End of Day
Thursday
February 1, 2007 216.73 USD*

UPS 2nd Day Air®
2 By End of Day
Friday
February 2, 2007 178.07 USD*

UPS Ground
5 By End of Day
Wednesday
February 7, 2007 156.04 USD*

*** CHANGED IT TO 50 LBS ***

Last edited:
Bum said:
UPS

1 30 lbs. 21 x 19 x 17 in. /
Your Packaging 400 USD Dimensional Weight applies

Rates By Service
Service Days In Transit Guaranteed By Total
UPS Sonic Air®
Same Day* Same Day* See Note* Get a Sonic Air Quote
UPS Next Day Air®
Billable Weight: 35.0 lbs.
1 By End of Day
Thursday
February 1, 2007 165.15 USD*

UPS 2nd Day Air®
2 By End of Day
Friday
February 2, 2007 132.74 USD*

UPS Ground
5 By End of Day
Wednesday
February 7, 2007 116.72 USD*

using Dickinson, ND and Honolulu, HI as PORs

how come you only used 35 lbs?

FED EX:

Ship From / To Dickinson, 58602, U.S.A. > Honolulu, 96801, U.S.A. on January 31, 2007. Edit

Package information 1 package 50.0 lbs Your Packaging 21 in x 19 in x 17 in, 400.00 USD
Edit

Delivery Date/Time Service Rate (US$)
Thu Feb 1, 2007 4:30 PM FedEx Priority Overnight® $216.28
Fri Feb 2, 2007 7:00 PM FedEx 2Day® $177.62
End of day (5 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® $124.31
Same day in shortest time possible. Call 1·800·Go·FedEx for availability and rate. FedEx Same Day®

Bum said:
UPS

1 50 lbs. 21 x 19 x 17 in. /
Your Packaging 400 USD

*** CHANGED IT TO 50 LBS ***

are those the exact measurements of the shipping box?

Man the shipping costs are riddiculous!

Any idea if sending this by boat using USpS will be cheaper? My room mate shipped his old stuff back home via this and the max weight is 60 lbs, but im not sure if there is a max size.

no idea on actual. i added 1" to all the dimensions, plus put a 400 value for the item

er.. $400 for insurance purposes. 100-150 for shipping does suck. :(

Bum said:
no idea on actual. i added 1" to all the dimensions, plus put a 400 value for the item

er.. $400 for insurance purposes. 100-150 for shipping does suck. :(

Might be cheaper to buy PF Hulk a seat on the plane! :monkey5

nash said:
are those the exact measurements of the shipping box?

Man the shipping costs are riddiculous!

Any idea if sending this by boat using USpS will be cheaper? My room mate shipped his old stuff back home via this and the max weight is 60 lbs, but im not sure if there is a max size.
usps is giving me a quote of around $130.00 to Hawaii and that is before adding any insurance.

Jase said:
Might be cheaper to buy PF Hulk a seat on the plane! :monkey5

no kiddin bro...

Thanks guys for the help I really appreciate it. Man, now I dont know what to do...

How do retailers get to ship this for so cheap compared to what I'm being quoted?

nash said:
no kiddin bro...

Thanks guys for the help I really appreciate it. Man, now I dont know what to do...

How do retailers get to ship this for so cheap compared to what I'm being quoted?
It's cause it is going to Hawaii and can't be sent ground. Are retailers quoting you much cheaper prices to Hawaii?

nash said:
no kiddin bro...

A lot of retailers that ship in large quantities have special rates with UPS and FedEx.

Bannister said:
It's cause it is going to Hawaii and can't be sent ground. Are retailers quoting you much cheaper prices to Hawaii?

hehehe there is ground to hawaii silly.

it just takes longer than normal.

nash said:
hehehe there is ground to hawaii silly.

it just takes longer than normal.
Really. Whenever I have gotten a ups or fedex quote I thought the only options were air.

Nash have you looked into bringing it with you on the plane? I am unsure how much luggage you are going to have but remeber you can bring a med size roller as carry on then check this and another bag plus two checked bags up to 50lbs. I can't imagine the bagage throwers are any worse the FedEx/UPS. Also most airlines you can bring excess bagage for about $50 a peice up to 2-3 extra bags.

mfoga said:
Nash have you looked into bringing it with you on the plane? I am unsure how much luggage you are going to have but remeber you can bring a med size roller as carry on then check this and another bag plus two checked bags up to 50lbs. I can't imagine the bagage throwers are any worse the FedEx/UPS. Also most airlines you can bring excess bagage for about $50 a peice up to 2-3 extra bags.

That's actually not a bad idea. I do have 2 big suitcases that I brought with me, so those would probably count as my 2 luggage, and the PF Hulk would be the extra box for $50 or so. I'll call Northwest to find out more about this. At least this way my hulk and I can be together until the very end. hahah. :rotfl

Bannister said:
Really. Whenever I have gotten a ups or fedex quote I thought the only options were air.

Master Replicas sends their stuff to me Via FedEx ground, also Sideshow but sideshow charges me $27 for a freakin 12" figure. Even Master Replicas 10 lb prop costs only $20 to ship FedEx Ground.... boggles me how a little figure costs more than that.

nash said:
That's actually not a bad idea. I do have 2 big suitcases that I brought with me, so those would probably count as my 2 luggage, and the PF Hulk would be the extra box for $50 or so. I'll call Northwest to find out more about this. At least this way my hulk and I can be together until the very end. hahah. :rotfl
How big is the suitcases? If they are closer to the Med size ones you could carry it on. You would be amazed how big of bags people carry on. If one is a 21" or 25" you could carry it on no problem.

Northwest is $80 per for first 3 extra peices.
https://www.nwa.com/travel/luggage/checked.html#excess

nash said:
Master Replicas sends their stuff to me Via FedEx ground, also Sideshow but sideshow charges me $27 for a freakin 12" figure. Even Master Replicas 10 lb prop costs only $20 to ship FedEx Ground.... boggles me how a little figure costs more than that.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Back