Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TA, I was wondering what you do with the boxes of the figures you break down. Would you consider selling them? I can think of several that I would like to replace due to shipping damage.

:lecture

Excellent question.

TA, I was wondering what you do with the boxes of the figures you break down. Would you consider selling them? I can think of several that I would like to replace due to shipping damage.

That is a good suggestion.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ecc0nbg9m-8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ecc0nbg9m-8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I can tell you, they toss them. For reals.

If they are parting out the figures they should part out the boxes too and just organize the parts into some plastic tote trays. I would defintely buy some boxes, but shipping, however, might be more unless they kept the manufacturer shipping boxes but then you risk them getting crushed unless you ship them in larger oversized boxes full of protective packing material so I imagine it would be more expensive for shipping but I could definitely replace a few boxes and pick up some for figures I never completely bought.

If they are parting out the figures they should part out the boxes too and just organize the parts into some plastic tote trays. I would defintely buy some boxes, but shipping, however, might be more unless they kept the manufacturer shipping boxes but then you risk them getting crushed unless you ship them in larger oversized boxes full of protective packing material so I imagine it would be more expensive for shipping but I could definitely replace a few boxes and pick up some for figures I never completely bought.

Did you just argue against your own argument? Guess either way you'll win. :lol

Not at all just pointing out some of the reasons why they probably haven't sold them but I'd just as well spend a few bucks on an empty box I need and pay for shipping rather then having them toss them out, especially if they can make a few bucks on them why not? I'd buy a Firefly box since I pretty much custom built mine for less than half the cost of buying the boxed Sideshow figure with some of the parts they parted out so I'd buy the empty box and it still beats paying for the cost of the full boxed figure which I wasn't happy with what Sideshow did with it.

Not at all just pointing out some of the reasons why they probably haven't sold them but I'd just as well spend a few bucks on an empty box I need and pay for shipping rather then having them toss them out, especially if they can make a few bucks on them why not? I'd buy a Firefly box since I pretty much custom built mine for less than half the cost of buying the boxed Sideshow figure with some of the parts they parted out so I'd buy the empty box and it still beats paying for the cost of the full boxed figure which I wasn't happy with what Sideshow did with it.

As you stated earlier, I think even a $4.99 box plus the cost of shipping, which would be higher due to size (the need to box it in a bigger box and add packing), would make it not worthwhile or cost effective. By the time you're out the door, that's $20+ for an empty box.

That is why I directed the question at TA, not you. They can give us a real estimate on what shipping would realistically be and not just pulling !@#$ out of their asses for the sake of argument.

I asked once and was told that the boxes are where they keep the loose bits. Don't know what they do after they sell out though. I guess they do toss them.

They do that too, you are correct.

As you stated earlier, I think even a $4.99 box plus the cost of shipping, which would be higher due to size (the need to box it in a bigger box and add packing), would make it not worthwhile or cost effective. By the time you're out the door, that's $20+ for an empty box.

:lecture

That is why I directed the question at TA, not you. They can give us a real estimate on what shipping would realistically be and not just pulling !@#$ out of their asses for the sake of argument.

Irrelevant. Once it passes a certain size, which it will, you're looking at paying more than $10. USPS charged me $22 to ship an empty P2 box (wrapped in another box with packing) to NY. $18 for an empty Joe box (packaged the same) to WA. Add that to the price of what TA would charge for the box and total it out. ;)

i've been buying from ta locally and what the other guys have said is right. they use some of the boxes for storing parts of the figures, but most of the time, they just toss it out once the figures have been parted out. i guess you have to tell them early if there's a certain box you wanna buy from them.

i've been buying from ta locally and what the other guys have said is right. they use some of the boxes for storing parts of the figures, but most of the time, they just toss it out once the figures have been parted out. i guess you have to tell them early if there's a certain box you wanna buy from them.

:lecture :lecture

Boxes eh?
I'm gonna go outside and play with my dolls.
Toss the boxes, first it'll make ya miserable, but eventually it'll set ya free!

I guess boxes are the difference between a collector and a kid. Collectors actually collects boxes and a kid recycles them.

Geoff

DSCF0033a.JPG

Nam's right. I've shipped a bunch of boxes and even at the most discounted rates it will end up being at least $12-15 just to ship a box.

Just to clear the air...we do use a few boxes of each figure to store their accompanying parts. We don't sell boxes because it's not cost effective and they would take up a LOT of room. We appreciate the interest but as some of you have stated the cost of shipping just wouldn't be worth it. So as good old Sgt. Hulka says...

sgthulka.jpg

*Update for 08/13/10*

Restock!

Sideshow
Star Wars AOTC: Phase I Clonetrooper
GI JOE: Cobra Commander
GI JOE: Duke

Hot Toys Inglorious Basterds: Lt. Aldo "The Apache" Raine

Pre-Orders
Hot Toys Blade Abigail Whistler (boxed only) NEW!
Hot Toys Terminator 2 T-1000
Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Black Widow
Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine
Sideshow Star Wars Captain Rex

Coming Soon
Sideshow Star Wars Coruscant Trooper
Hot Toys T-1000 Sarah Connor Disguise
Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Whiplash
Hot Toys Clash of the Titans Perseus

Don't forget about our monthly SSFreaks custom figure contest!

As always thanks for checking out our thread, the Freaks :rock

:panic:News from the Toy Box: We will be short handed due to staff vacation this coming week, so updates will be fairly light.:panic:

question.................?

can you just send us free figures that we want?.........no charge at all & overnight delivery at your expense?.........thanks in advance........:wave

Back