Hellboy II: The Golden Army spoiler thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar with the Hellboy comics. Is the movies based on comics or is Del Toro making it all up. I just read an article on The Golden Army in Epire Magazine and it sounded like the story and enemy's are made up.

I believe this is a brand new story by Del Toro with all new creature designs by Mignola.

It says in the credits in the trailer that it's written by Del Toro and Mignola.

I believe the basic story was developed by Mignola but the script was written entirely by Del Toro and then Mignola got to go over it and change anything he didn't like or thought was "out of character." That was how the first movie was written.

One of the nice things about the Hellboy movies is that Mignola and Del Toro really care about the characters.

One of the nice things about the Hellboy movies is that Mignola and Del Toro really care about the characters.

Very true.

I'm not sure if anyone's checked out the production meeting videos, but they're really cool to watch. I like how everyone sits on the floor to discuss ideas.

Very true.

I'm not sure if anyone's checked out the production meeting videos, but they're really cool to watch. I like how everyone sits on the floor to discuss ideas.

I havnt seen those before. Where might i find these video's?:D

Looks very cool and I did enjoy the first one, but towards the end it almost felt like they were using the same "your a demon, it's your destiny to be bad Hellboy, join us in destroying the World" angle. He overcame that personal hurdle in the first one and made the better choice, why are they bringing that back. Mind you I just watched the first movie and never read the comics, is it a continuing theme within the Hellboy comics, constant temptation to the dark side?

Looks very cool and I did enjoy the first one, but towards the end it almost felt like they were using the same "your a demon, it's your destiny to be bad Hellboy, join us in destroying the World" angle. He overcame that personal hurdle in the first one and made the better choice, why are they bringing that back. Mind you I just watched the first movie and never read the comics, is it a continuing theme within the Hellboy comics, constant temptation to the dark side?

That's THE most continuing theme throughout the books.

HB knows he's basicly the "key" to destroying the world yet he has to live with it everyday.

I wouldn't call it "constant temptation" but he's been question in almost ever series by the villain as to why he doesn't embrace his true destiny. HB's struggle to find his "humanity" is one of the reason's the comics are so good.

Thank you, kind sir:duff

Anytime!

HB knows he's basicly the "key" to destroying the world yet he has to live with it everyday.

I wouldn't call it "constant temptation" but he's been question in almost ever series by the villain as to why he doesn't embrace his true destiny. HB's struggle to find his "humanity" is one of the reason's the comics are so good.

I love the comics. So well written and drawn.

Hellboy filling down his horns is another example of his trying to be more "human".

Thanks for the explanation, I kind of thought that was a theme with him, continuing to defy and prove wrong those that belive because he is a demon his 'true' nature should be: Evil. His choices are what define him, and so far they have been good ones, maybe that will change in the second movie (of course I kid) :D

Just watched the new trailer, this looks like it will be one of the best films of the year.

Ive never read the Hellboys but who is the new member of the team?

This movie looks incredible!!
I like how Guillermo likes to incorporate elements from his other movies into new ones, like the labyrinth florr originally in Hellboy and again in Pan's Labyrinth. And now the hanging bagged statues in Hellboy II originally seen in Cronos.
His visual style is getting better each movie and this one looks like it's going to be the best visual-action combination yet!
Can't wait!!

Back