Hellboy II Samaritan 1:1 prop replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this make the original one less valuable? What do you think?
Would have preferred the Big Baby instead! :emperor

*runs off to preorder holster now*

HCO10007.jpg

I hope not, and I feel the same way, shoulda been Big Baby! :(

I'm right there with you.
They should've left the Samaritan alone and done the Big baby right away.
In my eyes, this is a remake, with another base (and material) and I don't like it! :rolleyes:
Probably because I have the original one and don't want it too decrease in value. :D

It does suck for those who own the original... while its not a re-release it is an alternative version that is nearly identical, but upgraded. I'd be a bit bummed as well. And I do think that it will hurt the originals resale value, I can't see anyway that it wouldn't.

But as a newcomer, I'm stoked.

Oh and I mentioned this to my wife (and the plans to sell stuff to finance it) and at the time I was not going to mention price, since its pretty damned expensive, but she guessed $400 and was like "okay, for for it." She's awesome :monkey2

AWESOME!!! :rock

I love it. :blissy

As an owner of the original Samaritan I'm not unhappy about this announcement at all. I still love my original Samaritan and it is still a key part of my Hellboy collection. This new version is just another great Hellboy addition for my collection. :chew

From SS's release:
Sideshow will release collectible 12-inch Figures, Premium Format Figures, Prop replicas of Hellboy's trusty guns, and Life-Size Busts, with products ranging in price from $49.99 to $599.99.

So it seems that the Big Boy is on the way since the release says "guns."

yay for jen and for me! coz i ordered mine too! :chew

I ordered one just in case, since it looks awesome. The main thing I didn't like about the first gun (aside from the fact that it was too expensive on the secondary market) was that it was made of polystone. Prop replicas like this (MR blasters and the like) are normally made at least partially out of metal, and for the price I think that's the way it should be. And those light-up bullets just pushed me over the edge. Hope I can keep it and the wife doesn't kill me. :D

Like many others, I missed the first one and have been regretting it ever since. No longer. I had my pre-order in for the exclusive as soon as I saw it. It didn't even know it was metal until after I ordered it.

The only problem now is that my brother got me a gift certificate for Monsters in motion for my birthday. Should I cancel my pre-order with Sideshow and use the gift cert at MiM, or let my SS order stand and get something else with the gift cert. I won't be able to get the light up rounds if I go with MiM.

I cant decide! Help!

Back