Hellboy 3 - We want it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hellboy 3 - I'd love to see it! - What do you think?

Totally Nova - agree 100%.

It's an excellent series with awesome characters.

What a crime this ain't getting sorted out.

Re: Hellboy 3 - Perlman still fights for it! - Let's also underline our interest!

The sad thing about that is that a few upcoming CBMs don't have an audience waiting for it. Hey have to build an audience with marketing like GOTG. But HBIII doesn't have that problem

Great aspects and additionally imagine what would happen if somebody invested just the half of what is invested in the GOTG marketing in HBIII marketing...

I wonder if, as a last resort, they could return to the animated style of Sword of Storms and Blood and Iron to tell the story?

That sucks. I'd like to see Hellboy 3. Of the projects GDT this is the one I'd like to see him working on.

Yea but I thought he already said outright they won't give him enough funding. I don't see how one audience cheering to his face will help. I'm not getting excited yet.

Yea but I thought he already said outright they won't give him enough funding. I don't see how one audience cheering to his face will help. I'm not getting excited yet.

he said they were listening in the back.

and I know what you mean, but the fact that he asked the question and then wanted that kind of response must have meant something. He wouldn't ask for no reason.
(same with the deadpool stuff)

11824998_753610268117613_6549146609952365320_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/hellboymovie

https://www.facebook.com/perlmutations

Recent rumours say that Hellboy 3 could happen if Pacific Rim 2 becomes a success.

What a bizarre condition. I guess they have no faith in GDT's ability to sell tickets anymore.

What a bizarre condition. I guess they have no faith in GDT's ability to sell tickets anymore.

Pretty interesting new article here: Guillermo Del Toro: ‘Hellboy 3′ isÂ*the Biggest Movie in the Trilogy

"Del Toro spoke about Hellboy II, saying:

“’Hellboy 2’ wasn’t greenlit because an executive was a big fan. The first one made money. But it made money mostly in home video and that market doesn’t exist any longer.”

While Video on Demand and downloadable purchases of movies through services like iTunes are still viable home video outlets, it is true that the days of a box office underperformer making back not only its budget but a healthy profit through the retail sales of physical media (DVDs, Blu-rays) are essentially over. These days, the biggest moneymakers on DVD tend to have been hits in the theaters, with titles like Despicable Me 2, Big Hero 6 and X-Men: Days of Future Past racking up impressive physical media sales. Could Hellboy 3 make any kind of dent with such a large budget and such a long delay between films?

Del Toro is nothing if not realistic about the business, saying, “I always have five projects in development at a time, because only one will happen.” Given the semi-legendary status of the director’s unmade projects (At the Mountains of Madness, Justice League Dark) and despite del Toro and Perlman’s apparent need to complete the trilogy, it might be time for fans to dampen their expectations."

:dunno

Interesting about underperforming films not recouping their investment with home video sales anymore. I can totally see that. Back in the late 90's/early 2000's I'd buy lots of movies that were "okay," some even sight unseen, because I heard good things about them at the theater. I'd often get a good 1-3 watches out of whatever random movie and wouldn't mind the fact that I bought it.

Now it's so simple to just stream something like Jack Reacher, Kingsman, or Gone Girl via On Demand or Netflix that it's easy to get that "1-3 viewing fix" without having to bother with a purchase. I only buy films I know I'll watch half a dozen times or more now.

Dredd? It can still happen with after sales. PR2 should be a hit anyway, the first one was pretty well received.

If Hellboy 3 would only be half as impressive as I think it would be from what they describe, I'm sure they could make trailers from it that would not only pull everybody who watched HB1 but many more into the cinema on day one. Many more people are open to comic based movies nowadays and Hellboy has the potential to be funny and badass at the same time.

As fas as I know the story of HB3 would include that he has to accept and use what he actually is to safe the world, can imagine that to make an epic story with impressive motion picture material that is not as boring and known as the stuff we all are getting tired of nowadays.

High hopes in PR2 but would be really disappointed if it is a great success and HB3 still doesen't happen.

You'd think Pacific Rim 3 would rest on PR2 being a success, makes no sense at all to tie Hellboy in there really. Just make both, they'll both pull the crowds in surely.

I don't understand why the budget has to be so big. Why can't he write it so that it I smaller

(a city being destroyed doesn't need to be entirely shown for example) I understand he wants a big movie but it here I a lot of ways to create the illusion of a big disaster going on.

I love Guillermo and I love hellboy but sometimes it feels like he shoots himself in the foot.
We could have had mountains of madness even before Prometheus came out if he had just made the movie rated pg 13 lol. But he wouldn't agree.
He is my favorite director but being his fan is stressful :lol

I don't understand why the budget has to be so big. Why can't he write it so that it I smaller

(a city being destroyed doesn't need to be entirely shown for example) I understand he wants a big movie but it here I a lot of ways to create the illusion of a big disaster going on.

I love Guillermo and I love hellboy but sometimes it feels like he shoots himself in the foot.
We could have had mountains of madness even before Prometheus came out if he had just made the movie rated pg 13 lol. But he wouldn't agree.
He is my favorite director but being his fan is stressful :lol

Not the version he wanted to make. So I'd rather he skip it than water it down to suit the studio decree.

Back