Hellboy 3 - We want it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hellboy 3 - Let's fight for it!!

if this is the case then why wouldn't Hellboy 3 be made if they pay him off again????

Even reading the links you posted doesn't change the fact that If Universal wants to make it they will pay him off and he will shut up about it again. just like he did in the second one.

Is that simple.

Well maybe that now that the character is well established, that the comics sell themselves, that he has already a lot of money in the bank, he's got enough and wants to keep his integrity a little. He tried, made a lot of money in the process, he does not need it anymore. Dont think he was just greedy, GDT is a charmer, i love to hear him speak, he's a great motivator. Eeveryone give 100% when they work with him. So Mignola was on and then i think he was a bit disapointed about what his character has become.

Now its not Mignola who has the final word, but from what he says no one at Universal is interested by a Hellboy 3.
Maybe GDT can set it up at another studio like he is doing for Pacific Rim 2 who knows?
But basically Hellboy is not hot **** anymore and never was so...

For me what GDT did with Hellboy was make him relatable and made the Hellboy characters tragic...that is important to a film audience, true it wasnt a Marvel or DC character and most folks didnt know who the hell HB was, and true he is not exactly as he was in the comic. What the first HB film did for me is it legitimized that the Marvel and DC Monsters could go well on film...That is my ultimate Comic book on film dream...I loved both Hellboy films..not perfect but for me they were very special It does bother me a bit that after the first film(it does have quite a cult following) That the second film did terrible at the box office...I was hoping for the best

if we make enough noise they might make it.

Re: Hellboy 3 - Perlman still fights for it! - Let's also underline our interest!

Crows we should make it sweded style. I call playing HB though, you can be Abe or Liz.

Re: Hellboy 3 - Perlman still fights for it! - Let's also underline our interest!

I would play Kroenen :lecture

Kroenen is a beast I want a PF figure.

I remember some rumors when hellboy 2 came out that he would come back for part 3

The Hellboy character was drastically changed from the comics to the big screen. Personally, I couldn't stand the fact the "world's greatest paranormal detective" was dumbed down BUT the visionary styling of GDT was incredible. The sets, the animatronic suits, the costumes, etc. were flat out jaw dropping. I'm kind of torn on whether I want this movie to happen or not. I want to see more of the brilliant images from GDT's mind but I have little to no interest in the storyline (especially the twins). I understand olbertfrog's frustration but, even Mignola said it himself, the comics and films are completely different entities, and should be understood as such. Honestly, I don't think Hellboy III will happen. The bubble was burst when Hellboy II was released one week prior to The Dark Knight.

it really depends on how pacific rim 2 does and if it does well then it depends if Guillermo wants to go for it.

If they can bring a lot of money with PR2 and if Guillermo wanted to end his trilogy I could see Universal and legendary coughing up the money for it.

I'd love to see this made. I'm not a fan of the comics, I've just watched the movies and cartoons, but I love the characters Mignola creates. The steam dude in the suit was cool as hell in the 2nd movie, heck I even like his one off cartoon of screw on head, this guy has a great imagination and Del Toro got the visuals to do his stuff justice.

I'm in. Loved the first two* and with the right people involved, this could actually become a trilogy where all of its parts are more or less on the same level of awesome.

*I preferred the tone of the first to the second, though. Not too into the whimsical, fantasy story setup they went with.

I'd have no reason to watch the films if they were exactly the same as the books anyway.

To Kickstarter!

Loved the first 2. Count me in! I'll Hellboy any day over any Fox or Marvel movies, except for GotG.:lol

I am down for Hellboy 3. So many great teases in Hellboy 2!

it really depends on how pacific rim 2 does and if it does well then it depends if Guillermo wants to go for it.

If they can bring a lot of money with PR2 and if Guillermo wanted to end his trilogy I could see Universal and legendary coughing up the money for it.

I'm hoping Pacific Rim is the Hellboy 2 of the franchise. In the sense of it being a more polished movie over all than PR. If hew can give us much of the same with better human elements, PR 2 could be awesome!!

I still think HB3 will show up one day. Hollywood ride's the coattails of already established properties (reboots) too much to not do it.

I also remember not liking the disconnect of style from the comic to the film. I was actually extremely disappointed when I initially saw the first film. But I grew to love it once I put my expectations aside.

As far as Mignola is concerned (I haven't read up on his comments in forever), unless he's changed his tune, he's welcomed other people's (GTD) interpretations of his HB character even if it deviates from the style of his source material. When the first movie came out and he was directly questioned he said he loved it and happily gave the liberty to GDT to do what he wants with no need of his approval. Didn't seem bothered at all.

Back