Hellboy 3 - We want it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the version he wanted to make. So I'd rather he skip it than water it down to suit the studio decree.

it wasn't even meant to be gory or have nudity.

he just got mad that Don't Be afraid of the dark was rated r because it was too scary.

Don't Be afraid of the dark wasn't a great movie, the rating of that one made him lose it lol

Last edited:
Pffft. Hollywood. We'll get endless reboots/sequels/reimaginings of third rate films that have been done before, but no Hellboy 3?

Bah.

zxCAqE7.png

https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/834057572550324227

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

The story needed an ending. The movie ended up in a cliffhanger.
At least release the story in book form or something

Translation: the other 2 flicks didn't generate enough box office.

Yeah from what I read the other 2 really only made money if after release in video/dvd sales and now with that market pretty much gone thanks to pirating and downloading, this movie was never going to get made.

The making of the HELLBOY films is a great example of del Toro’s fight to make his films “his way”.

Among the studio suggestions that GDT received were a different star (Vin Diesel), a “Hellmobile”,
and an aversion to the word “Hell” (“Can we make him ‘Heckboy’?).

The result was something that sidestepped the usual cookie-cutter studio drivel and instead became “high art action” that was fun and original.

Its gotten to the point that until I see a trailer, I don't believe in any GDT project he claims to be working on. Love his movies, but HATE how he says he's going to do 42 different projects and hardly any of them ever come to pass. As mentioned above, where is that Haunted Mansion. I was in Hall H when they brought him out for that announcement as a surprise. Still NOTHING. :banghead

Back