• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that Cap'n has run into hard times, but he, as a college student, is constantly running into money troubles. If thats the case then he (as an adult) has the responsibility to not enter into deals w/other people if he can't complete them.

Everyone runs into unexpected troubles that can cause delays, but if thats the case you can't just keep someone else's money until you get out from under your trouble.

I can understand that Cap'n has run into hard times, but he, as a college student, is constantly running into money troubles. If thats the case then he (as an adult) has the responsibility to not enter into deals w/other people if he can't complete them.

Everyone runs into unexpected troubles that can cause delays, but if thats the case you can't just keep someone else's money until you get out from under your trouble.

An offshoot of that, if you're having trouble, LET PEOPLE KNOW that you are so they aren't just blindly waiting for something that might not come. According to his profile, CF was on early this morning and could have posted something here or sent some PMs.

I honestly, wouldn't mind a delay as long as I was being told what was happenning and was uprised of the situation

So he's been back on and not replied... thats a problem. Come on Capn' clear this stuff up!

So he's been back on and not replied... thats a problem. Come on Capn' clear this stuff up!

that was a visitor message that was posted by Nash. he has not been on sense the 7th.
all this is sad. :monkey2 seems the board is going through a change. and it's bringing everyone together. so even with the negative flying around, it's all for the better. also I would say when he does come around and explain what and why he has done this. all will be cleared up. he'll take his lashings and probally be the better for it. and he will still be able to sell items as long as he sends them first; then gets paid. :D

"this to shall pass."

Those people in this thread that like to jump into every thread where there's a sale/trade problem and try to stir up ill will - please stop.

It's not helpful and does nothing to resolve the situation. This includes bumping the thread for no reason.

Sorry Dave, as I'm sure you are referring to me as one of the poo stirrers. In all honesty my posts were not to spread Ill will but rather bring an awareness to a cancer in the commerce section.

One thing I do pride myself on is being an honest buyer/seller/trader, so I find behavior like this to be unacceptable. Not to mention I've been burned before which does make sour feelings resurface. I also despise lies.

However I think you are correct in the manner that I've said all that needs to be said as well as awareness has been achieved. So I will refrain from further comments.

You're right Bodie. I was a stirrer also, but a lot of it was to try to wake some people up to the fact that there is a difference between a flake and a thief. I also pride myself on being a very honest trader and hate to see others get screwed. I will also stay out of this thread as all has been said and I apologize to Dave if I made his job any more difficult.

Nothing. I'm not emailing him anything new directly, I'm not into the bombarding him with emails. He knows what he needs to do.

The last communication in this whole business I am aware of is when paypal sent an automated email to him when I filed my claim. No new news since.

Me too.. Yet you should.. He prolly won't answer Paypals requests, and he certainly will not be able to provide any tracking info, so aside from being dissapointed in a certain someones character as well as wasting your time you should be just fine. The poo will land in the deserved lap.

If he doesnt respond to paypal's initial email to him, does that automatically mean you win the case, in which funds will be refunded to you and deducted from him?

Yes, after the (14 day?) time limit. If there are funds available. If not, they will be pulled if and when anyone puts money into that account.

Most Paypal accounts have either a $200 or $2,000 protection plan for the buyer.. However I think if past shenanigans have been pulled paypal takes that away..

So I guess its still a crapshoot..

If no money is able to be pulled from him they will negative his account and send the collection hounds after him.

Certainly makes you lose a little faith in established members.. Thanks Cap.

Im out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back