• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks that this kinda stuff STILL happens on these forums. And, it honestly really pisses me off. The trading section of the forums is supposed to be a nice way of us being able to buy, sell, and trade with one another within a close knit group of "Sideshow Freaks" that we can trust.

This kinda horse^^^^ ruins it for everyone.

That's all I'm saying. Pixletwin wants the thread to remain level headed, so, I'll stop....

180px-Antilles.jpg

Didn't he go by this avatar/pseudonym before Faramir?

This thread just makes me sad. I still think something bad or unseen might have happend, because I haven't seen the Cap'n around for what seems like weeks. Granted, he still should have sent off the set before that, but I just don't think he is around to defend himself currently. So lets just cool down till we can get ahold of him. Because like everyone else, I do feel he is a very nice guy, maybe flaky, but still a nice guy.

And yeah, I do believe he will be at SDCC, but hopefully you guys haven't scared him off now.

If he hadn't contacted PM maybe you'd be right. The fact that he did and flat out lied takes it beyond flakey and into dishonesty. Being a "nice guy" doesn't change facts.

More than likely he was kicked out of his apartment. But Customizerwannabe is right, doesn't change a thing.

Yeah guys, good stuff. Make it personal so you scare the guy away and he never squares up with the people he has wronged. Perhaps, it's too late for that. Seriously, get away from the personal stuff and keep this about the business.

Isn't it personal if you had 100 plus dollars taken from you and multiple lies about sending it out?..

I've been burned before which is why this chaps my hide.

He Knows he has his money.. He know he never sent it out, he knows he has no good excuse which is why he isn't logging on to come clean.

To me his nice guy persona is a front.. If he is as he claims this garbage would not have happened more than once..

I think it has been about business Eli. When someone rips someone off you can discuss the business of the transaction. Unfortunately the fact that the person HAS ripped off another directly correlates with their personal ethics and morals. All the more biting in this instance as the person who did it likes to preach from the moral high ground and has been a member here for a long time. He is also, it appears, a repeat offender. I personally have no tolerance for thieves. Flakes...yeah, sure. They happen, and you deal with them or don't. Thieves can't be tolerated on a board where so much trust goes into every transaction. If he chooses not to socialize here later if he ever gets this fixed because of his treatment in this thread... ^^^^ 'em. He bought it and he deserves it.

I think it has been about business Eli. When someone rips someone off you can discuss the business of the transaction. Unfortunately the fact that the person HAS ripped off another directly correlates with their personal ethics and morals. All the more biting in this instance as the person who did it likes to preach from the moral high ground and has been a member here for a long time. He is also, it appears, a repeat offender. I personally have no tolerance for thieves. Flakes...yeah, sure. They happen, and you deal with them or don't. Thieves can't be tolerated on a board where so much trust goes into every transaction. If he chooses not to socialize here later if he ever gets this fixed because of his treatment in this thread... ^^^^ 'em. He bought it and he deserves it.

What a superb post, well done mate I think you had the balls to say what most of us are thinking.

Seeing him on this board for the past couple years, I have a hard time believing he did this intentionally. There must be a good reason for it.

That said, I know if I sell something on ebay, I ship the same day if the Post Office is still open. I hate making people wait for what they paid for and vice versa. Dave, I hope we don't all lose the privilege of the commerce section because of a few bad apples.

Oh no, I agree that Cap deserves to have this publicly be known. He had his time to show up, and he didn't. He screwed up. Having said that, he also posts on here a lot, and in the process has made some friends along the way. Of late, he has made some enemies. Just saying if it gets too much into the personal side and less about the business side, he maybe scared off, if he hasn't been already. My fears is that the buyer who was unfortunately set up like this, may not receive his money or item. Trust me when I say that my concerns are towards the guy who hasn't received the item he had paid for, and not for the seller, in which case is Faramir.

Unfortunately for Captain Faramir, if ever this does get sorted Mud sticks and his experience here will never be the same - he will never be trusted with whatever he posts on threads let alone if he tries to sell anything - silly guy, he will learn!

Unfortunately for Captain Faramir, if ever this does get sorted Mud sticks and his experience here will never be the same - he will never be trusted with whatever he posts on threads let alone if he tries to sell anything - silly guy, he will learn!

Mud sticks!!:naughty:monkey3:D:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back