HCG T-800 Half Size Endo Bust (SCANS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pictures, and thank you for including a 1:1 endoskull! :D
Now that I've seen it next to an endoskull the size aint that bad if you ask me, any bigger and it would be harder to display considering the tip of the guns.

I saw this in person today at the LCS. Not overly impressed with it. It feels clunky when compared against the CM T800.

My girlfriend pointed out that the guns looked "fake" compared to the CM that we have.

Thanks for the compliments guys, here are some more pics ..........

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6546.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6543.jpg

IMG_6556.jpg

IMG_6542.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg

I think for the money this is an easy choice if say you were comparing it to other high end pieces.

Pictures are kickass, but the piece, it really looks incredible.

Way the blue lights from the base fall on him, and the fact that it has TWO rifles. If I had the money, there would be no doubt about getting it!

(Tho I think that customs would probably rape me if I try to get something like that here)

Judging by the pictures, Rifles look great and not fake at all, however I haven't seen the CM piece in person to compare it to.

Thanks for the compliments! I also have never seen the CM in person to compare but why compare right? Whats there to compare really and besides these 2 plasma rifles do not look fake at all. There is plenty of weathering and the shape is near perfect to the film.

Today was a great day, customs only hit me up for $40 :horror WAY lower than I was expecting. The trick is (not sure where you live) is to order via USPS that way it converts over to Canada Post once it crosses the border. The rule is I pay G.S.T. (5%) + a $5 handling fee. Thats all.

If I were to order it via the "other" guy they find some magical fee to charge me. I remember one time buying two figures totaling $100 even. DHL somehow came up with a $36 customs fee. Its pure garbage ........ they simply pocket the extra fees. I will never use anything outside of USPS for cross border shipments.

Great pics, Roy :clap
Congrats!

question-
the blue lights are strobe for you correct ?

Wish they would stay lit and not flash.

Thanks buddy! Yeah mine strobes as well but to be honest it really adds to the overall presentation. I like it. I just wish I could pick one or the other instead of both simultaneously (Eyes and blue light)

Thanks buddy! Yeah mine strobes as well but to be honest it really adds to the overall presentation. I like it. I just wish I could pick one or the other instead of both simultaneously (Eyes and blue light)

Yea, thats a good point.

too bad they didn't make some sort of switch or something !

How do plasma rifles look fake?
Are plasma rifles even real to begin with?

That's what she said. I think she meant that it looked more like a prop and not a real metal gun since the scale was bigger. The paint did seem a bit faded.

Other than that, my personal view is that the piece is not worth it compared to the CM. The teeth look plasticky, the proportions feel clunky and the pose feels stiff. I rather get an Endo Skull at 1:1 scale or a CM. I don't see the $1000 value here.

I'm just throwing a buyer beware out there as this looks much better in pictures than real life.

Last edited:
Other than that, my personal view is that the piece is not worth it compared to the CM. The teeth look plasticky, the proportions feel clunky and the pose feels stiff. I rather get an Endo Skull at 1:1 scale or a CM. I don't see the $1000 value here.

I'm just throwing a buyer beware out there as this looks much better in pictures than real life.

This is my opinion as well. I never felt this bust was worth $1000. I'd better save and get the CM or 1:2 SS Endo.

This is my opinion as well. I never felt this bust was worth $1000. I'd better save and get the CM or 1:2 SS Endo.

I find it quite funny how gung ho everyone is about CM product. I could buy an ef'n car with the price tag they ask. Is a CM Endo worth $3000 (CDN) ???? NO! Half of there product has terrible likeness. Its a very nice piece but how can you say that a $1000 bust (which is alot nicer than the pics i've posted) not good value? The thing towers over anything else I own. I dunno, just my opinion. I could never spend $3000 on a collectible unless it was lifesize or something.

For the record the 1:2 Endo is identical to this bust because its not a Sideshow piece, its also made by HCG. The bust is just 1/2 if the 1:2 Endo. Also its half the price (to be exact) so how is it not worth $1000?

I find it quite funny how gung ho everyone is about CM product. I could buy an ef'n car with the price tag they ask. Is a CM Endo worth $3000 (CDN) ???? NO! Half of there product has terrible likeness. Its a very nice piece but how can you say that a $1000 bust (which is alot nicer than the pics i've posted) not good value? The thing towers over anything else I own. I dunno, just my opinion. I could never spend $3000 on a collectible unless it was lifesize or something.

For the record the 1:2 Endo is identical to this bust because its not a Sideshow piece, its also made by HCG. The bust is just 1/2 if the 1:2 Endo. Also its half the price (to be exact) so how is it not worth $1000?

You spend $1000 on something then you might as well spend $1500 on something better. I'm not too concerned about how much the 1:2 full endo is since that's not what I am basing the budget on. I am basing it against other collectibles that could be had for that price with a comparable "wow" factor and value.

$1500 is what the CM endo retailed for. I don't know what that is in Canadian money but that's how much it retailed for in US dollars. A few weeks ago they offered a few for $1500 direct from CM. I got one at that price and love it. Now the price is $2000 and they still have a few left. We can talk about CM likeness on human pieces until the cows come home but that's a whole other topic. It's hard to argue that they really shine on the monsters/aliens/robots.

The CM endo is arguably the best one out there so I went for it. This bust is nice for what it is but not worth the price to me after seeing it in person and thinking that for $1500 I got something far superior at a slightly smaller scale. Regardless, I'm glad you are happy with your purchase but I felt that I had to put the warning out there to try and see this in person before purchasing. Bright blue LEDs and double guns are cute and all but not $1000 cute for the whole package.

Just my opinion.

Well you getting the CM Endo for $1500 changes absolutely everything I said. $1500 is news to me but congrats, thats an amazing price. Like I said its an amazing piece but I have limits to what I will spend towards "quality"

My purchase was never based on price. I always wanted the 1:2 Endo but figured for half the price I could have the best half of the statue :lol I totally understand your point and hey, we all see things differently right?

Again congrats on your score, that is an amazing price! I was always under the impression they were fetching upwards to $2800 U.S. For the record the CDN dollar is close to par to the U.S. dollar but I was also factoring in the obvious ................ the damn customs charges! :D

International collectors deserve a tip of the hat. You guys spend much more on average than us here in the states for the exact same thing.

I would price flinch every single time something cool was offered especially on larger items.

International collectors deserve a tip of the hat. You guys spend much more on average than us here in the states for the exact same thing.

I would price flinch every single time something cool was offered especially on larger items.

Totally. However I think I may have found a simple way around it. A way that i'm pretty sure Sideshow doesn't offer. I avoid using anything outside of USPS. Anything else will KILL you at the door. DHL, UPS or Fedex is a bad choice. I used USPS for my bust, it arrived yesturday and I only had to pay a total of $40. Not too shabby.

I have heard absolute horror stories coming out of Europe, its pretty bad there. We're talking hundreds in customs for mid range items.

Not a fan of the CM T-800 pose, or a fan of CM for that matter.

Their Terminator items are pretty good but overall I don't see the value in their other stuff. Actually their Reeve Superman looks pretty damn good too but thats about it :cool:

Back