Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bust indeed looks a lot cheaper then pre-production pictures where BobbyC has painted the bust himself.

I have to see the bust for myself before I can give a final judgement but on the pictures on Statueforum it looks not a 600$ bust.

Yeah guys, I think my days off Mass production are over .
I wish HT would except American artist and do 1/1 . it is a shame that they dust every company out there , and they are 1/6th scale.

just my thoughts.

P1290878-3.jpg

For more pictures please visit. :rock
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3737776#post3737776

$700 Bust.

Actually retail price was $799. When I pre-ordered I was able to get it for $675 shipped, but I canceled and don't regret that decision one bit.

Too bad HCG ruined your wonderful sculpt, Bobby. Even though Sideshow is far from perfect I think even they would've done it much more justice than HCG.

One can only hope that the sculptor who set out to "dust" CM will now come to appreciate the subtle differences between a fully controllable commission environment and the challenges posed when trying to make a piece available to a wider audience. :hi5:

Feel a bit bad commenting on Obigface's collection thread so I'll post it here instead. It looks disgusting.

I think there is a big difference simone, between a bad paint job and a bad likeness. and $2000 dollars and $700 . not defending this piece at all, however it is a vast difference

I think there is a big difference simone, between a bad paint job and a bad likeness. and $2000 dollars and $700 . not defending this piece at all, however it is a vast difference

There is a difference.

However, looking at this particular piece, do you think the production heads have distorted a bit? Look way too narrow to me and your hand painted version looks a lot better proportioned.

Actually I expected high quality for this piece but when the box was opened,:slap it's not what it meant to be. Anyway I can accept what lies inside because of 3 reasons : Bobby C Sculpture, Heath Ledger and the character "Joker"

$700 Bust.

LOL if its not looking like a 600$ bust it wil never look like a 700$ Bust. :rotfl

but I get your point ;)

My bust cost around the 775$ but I thougt some people may have got it cheaper.

But as I see the pictures now I'm realy dissapointed.
for me it's not a cheap bust or somthing like that.
But the PJ makes it look like a 300$ or maby a 400$ bust.
If I see the pre-production pictures I still would say worth the money but now not even the half of it.

Originally Posted by BobbyC

Is the Batman Bust going to be canseld after the reactions from the fans on the Joker?

PHOTO COURTESY OF ORIGINAL @ STATUE FORUM
DSC01677-re.jpg

I have to agree the paint work is not as good as the pre-production photos. I however am going to keep mine on order. Reason for that is i paid $600 and its been paid off for 3 months. If i did not pre-order and pay this off I would have never paid $600 for this. It looks painted and the colors are off. The pre-production photos actually looked like make up. Maybe a re-paint is in my future for this. Also whats up with the base? $700 bust and we get a plain plastic base WTF?

Does Anyone have this in hand yet? Or is this a Sample that belongs to Bobby C? For those of you knocking this piece, I have to say, I have never been disappointed or let down by any of Hollywood Collectibles Group's products. I think they are fantastic! :clap

Nick

Welcome back to the boards my friend :wave

Its disappointing but im trying so hard to like it lol
I dont think it looks really bad but not as good as the first production shots :(

It's mostly the paint really.

And the sculpted hair doesn't work too well at this scale IMO. Also like I said I think the head proportion seems to not have translated too well in mass production, appears thin to me

Back