Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine would have came today but I was not home. This was my 1st 1:1 sideshow or HCG piece I purchased. I put it on order in march. An since then ive bought or ordered...

1:1 SS Iron Man Mark II
1:1 SS Iron Man Mark III BD
1:1 SS War Machine
1:1 SS Darth Vader
1:1 SS Yoda
1:1 SS Lord Of Darkness
1:1 HCG Dark Knight

Not bad for a 6 month pick up but man this hobby gets expensive.

Re: HCG Joker life size bust Pictures!

HCG Joker 1:1 bust arrived today, and I just finished opening him up. This bust will not disappoint.

I received #069/750. The cost was $699.00 which was paid in the 6 flex-pay option. The wait was definitely worth it!!! The sculpt is top-notch Bobby C.... it's exactly what I expected. The endless talk about paint application as usual became horrible myth and legend before anyone even had the bust in hand.

I very much like the paint application. Please don't be put off by the endless negative reviews you have heard about this bust... If your a TDK movie fan, Joker fan, Batman fan or collector of movie 1:1 bust, props... Your really going to love this bust. The real shirt and tie blend in nicely with the the sculpted clothing, and adds a bit more realism. I do not believe the eyes are acrylic, but ended up being molded... with that being said the pupil paint app is nice with gloss added to simulate wetness. The white face paint is not a solid application as seen in some pics, and has flesh showing through as well as a nice texture. That also goes for the black around the eyes (bit of white mixing around edges), and the red around the mouth/scars. The hair is expertly detailed, and the addition of hanging strands help add volume to the head. In-hand inspection will reveal details not seen in the photos as well as coloring.

I actually am quite surprised about the cost complaints. Sideshow's Thor 1:1 bust is in this price range as are others and this is right on par with them. In fact I doubt if any non-collector would be able to tell the difference between the two companies in this instance.

I look forward to the Dark Knight bust coming next year, and if this is a bust your on the fence about...give it a second look! As always these are just my personal thoughts and feelings about this item, and no clowns were injured during this review...:) ****Photos were taken with my iphone 3Gs

TDK1.jpg

TDK2.jpg

TDK3.jpg

Last edited:

HCG Joker 1:1 bust arrived today, and I just finished opening him up. This bust will not disappoint.

I received #069/750. The cost was $699.00 which was paid in the 6 flex-pay option. The wait was definitely worth it!!! The sculpt is top-notch Bobby C.... it's exactly what I expected. The endless talk about paint application as usual became horrible myth and legend before anyone even had the bust in hand.

I very much like the paint application. Please don't be put off by the endless negative reviews you have heard about this bust... If your a TDK movie fan, Joker fan, Batman fan or collector of movie 1:1 bust, props... Your really going to love this bust. The real shirt and tie blend in nicely with the the sculpted clothing, and adds a bit more realism. I do not believe the eyes are acrylic, but ended up being molded... with that being said the pupil paint app is nice with gloss added to simulate wetness. The white face paint is not a solid application as seen in some pics, and has flesh showing through as well as a nice texture. That also goes for the black around the eyes (bit of white mixing around edges), and the red around the mouth/scars. The hair is expertly detailed, and the addition of hanging strands help add volume to the head. In-hand inspection will reveal details not seen in the photos as well as coloring.

I actually am quite surprised about the cost complaints. Sideshow's Thor 1:1 bust is in this price range as are others and this is right on par with them. In fact I doubt if any non-collector would be able to tell the difference between the two companies in this instance.

I look forward to the Dark Knight bust coming next year, and if this is a bust your on the fence about...give it a second look! As always these are just my personal thoughts and feelings about this item, and no clowns were injured during this review...:) ****Photos were taken with my iphone 3Gs

TDK1.jpg

TDK2.jpg

TDK3.jpg

Honestly I still don't like it. It bearly looks like the Joker from the movie and the paint is not that good. It is just doesn't worth it to me. Maybe, maybe at 1/6 you can roll with a sculpt like that but at life size it is just not enough IMO. All in all the most important thing is that you are happy with the piece.

Thanks for the pix and the review :)

Your welcome!

Honestly I still don't like it. It bearly looks like the Joker from the movie and the paint is not that good. It is just doesn't worth it to me. Maybe, maybe at 1/6 you can roll with a sculpt like that but at life size it is just not enough IMO. All in all the most important thing is that you are happy with the piece.

Right on, that's what makes collecting interesting..:)

Thanks for the pics, attom!

Looks really great this bust :clap

I think so too..:) Your very welcome.

With the exception of the bizarre paint lines on the forehead, he looks great in attom44's pics.

With the exception of the bizarre paint lines on the forehead, he looks great in attom44's pics.

Yes, it's intresting the paint lines on the forhead are to simulate the brow wrinkling and the white clown make-up that has been rubbed off by that action. They seem a bit more harsh in the photos than in person.. as do the black around the eyes. When I have the lights on in the evening for display in the collection room the shadows on this bust are very eerie. We had a house guest last night and she jumped back when she walked into the room, not expecting the Joker to be staring at her...LOL! As with most 1:1 busts in low lighting there is that creepy factor, like a wax museum after hours....:)

{imgs}

Thanks 4 the pics.

I'm glad your very positive about it it gives me hope I'll like it too. hopefully Ill receive mine next month or so.

Nice pics attom!

You know...some people will never be happy with anything (probably why I don't post as much as I do). I think this will be an underappreciated bust that is hard to capture without seeing it in person. I remember people ragging on the Godfather and Hellboy 1:1 busts...but I think they came out fantastic and I'm proud to own them in my collection. Glad to know you feel the same about your Joker 1:1. Congrats on your new bust!

I wish the eyes were looking up ! The way they are now, all I see is a a sad clown for some reason instead of a sinister Joker :lol...one of the reasons I canceled mine.

url

Well as HCG have blind people to paint , I decided to do a repaint of the joker, and this is the results, :banana

img0683rb.jpg

Have tried to post pics of a repaint I made on him but with no luck :-( , u Can tjek it out at statueforum :)

Thanks 4 the pics.

I'm glad your very positive about it it gives me hope I'll like it too. hopefully Ill receive mine next month or so.

Nice pics attom!

You know...some people will never be happy with anything (probably why I don't post as much as I do). I think this will be an underappreciated bust that is hard to capture without seeing it in person. I remember people ragging on the Godfather and Hellboy 1:1 busts...but I think they came out fantastic and I'm proud to own them in my collection. Glad to know you feel the same about your Joker 1:1. Congrats on your new bust!

Absolutely... I never feel like I have to promote or defend my collection and or what I personally like. It's just that, my collection and my opinion...:) It's like someone telling me I don't like the color red even though it's my favorite color. If someone is unhappy with this or any other bust.. great for them.. In the end it really only matters if I like it or not, or if I feel it looks like who or what it is suppose to represent. As it should for each individual collector.

Thanks for sharing the pics @attom44. It's above awesome.

Your welcome... It's been really hard reading comments on some other boards with reviews by folks who don't own the bust and haven't even seen it in person... they just hate it because they hate HCG, or the pictures, or that it's not made by SSC, or the paint app isn't right..blah, blah, blah...LOL. One person wrote I hate this bust and it will suck because HCG charged my credit card a week before the item is going to ship to me... how totally stupid.... honestly....:( Anyway, I pic is worth a thousand words...:)

I got mine and I love it. Its not the best piece or paint up but worth the money IMO. Looks alot better in person.

I love mine too...:) In only the way a boy can love his bust...LOL!

Thanks guys, I'm very pleased with the bust, and it's a great addition too my collection. I look forward to TDK bust sometime next year!

Back