Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love constructive criticism crow, but when you say "looks Like crap" or would not pay 100 for it being insulting KNOWING who sculpted it does piss you off a bit, as far as the gravity aspect, not sure if you looked at his hair in these angles from the movie stills, but it is pretty close, they did use a tremendous amount of hair spray on it.
But I'm sure you did not think off that .
Just out of curiosity do you sculpt? any art forms ? If so can you post a pic of it ?
Not being rude just curious.

Oh I totally agree on comments needing to be constructive..if you're just going to post "looks like crap", it's better to just pass on the topic entirely.

I've attempted sculpting at a few points, but I have little to no talent in it. I do paint, though. Only 1/6 scale and smaller, for the most part. I lost a good portion of the pictures I've taken of my work when my hard drive crashed a few months ago, but I can take a few pics real quick of some of my stuff if you'd like. I have a pretty crappy camera, though, so the quality won't be mind-blowing.

As far as the hair goes, I'm sure they did use a lot of product on it...I was mainly referring to the way it would hang down forward like it did during the mob meeting scene when he had his head tilted.

I'll get to work on getting some pictures.

There's little doubt that your master version and paint up is incredible Bobby but do you think HCG will follow up with on par paint when it hits mass production? Judging by how badly the Pulse Rifle has been received and how the Alien bust turned out, I am concerned.

I would love to own one of your silicone versions but I would have to sell my entire collection and things just arent selling on ebay right now. The paint does look pretty complex, especially the clothing. I really hope HCG can do this sculpt justice.

Well, apologies for the massive post, but here ya go, Bobby. All I have available to take pictures of right now are my Cthulhu and Joker paintups. First couple pics are of Cthulhu's stock paintjob, in case you're not familiar with the figure.

2839707102_39f4b3849a_b.jpg

2839705812_69f7837c63_b.jpg

And my stuff.

DSC07430.jpg

DSC07431.jpg

DSC07432.jpg

DSC07433.jpg

DSC07434.jpg

DSC07435.jpg

DSC07436.jpg

DSC07438.jpg

Obviously I'm not a pro, but I do dabble.

I always get concerned as well with items that will be mass produced,
I do have faith in HCG, but up till now I always just preferred to do private commissions. I hate sculpted hair as well and it is difficult to obtain that type of realism I strive for in these, but it is a nice option for the people who don't have the cash.
Crow, I would hire you in a minute to do some paint ups, if you lived In MI , I would hand these off to you to lighten my load.
Great work

That's an awesome compliment, thank you. I truly mean that.

I'd like to get my hands on an airbrush kit one of these days to see what I could do with one. I've never used anything but brushes.

looks like crap compared to the other life size bust I saw in another thread....

It's the same sculpt. This is the mass produced version. That's what threw me at first.

If Bobby is willing to mod the hair, that goes a long way to bridging the gap!

The Cthulhu and Dagon figures from that line are two of my most prized pieces in my collection. Dagon, especially. He's so much harder to find than the other two in the series.

I'm curious to know how many of you actually like Joker's hair on the HT version or any other version of Ledger's Joker. His long wavy hair never looks great in any form of sculpting and I've seen several complaints before about HT's version. It almost seems like people are singling out this Joker because it costs more which isn't fair to the sculptor/Bobby. If anybody thinks they can actually show me a better example of long sculpted wavy hair, then be my guest.

looks like crap compared to the other life size bust I saw in another thread....

Oh how I love people that have no idea of what they're talking about. :lol I hope you're more than willing to pay for a silicon version.

In Spain there is an expression that says, "for taste ... colors." It is clear that there will be people who like the bust and people who do not. Personally I have long wanted to have some BobbyC, but its price does not let me. Now, after following a long time the whole process of carrying out the bust with photos BobbyC was teaching us, the bust is finally ready.

I have it clear. I think the bust is very good, with many details which I would like to see in many other busts that have the same price or higher.

And on top of HCG has a mode of payment 4pay and 6pay. Cool.

BobbyC I love your work :bow and I can finally have a work yours. Now I just hope someday I can afford to pay one of your awesome busts of Dracula by Christopher Lee.

Good first post. :goodpost:

I actually really like the hair on my 1/6 Mattel.

It's a bit on the emo side with the one side over the eye. I'm also not a fan of the ear being revealed. But it is still proudly displayed on my dresser. I got the knife version :yess:

I got the card version. :( But I was thinking of giving him one of the Hot Toys Joker knives to hold on to.

And I have mine proudly displayed to. He's part of my oddball Joker shelf, with Medi and DCD.

P1070660.jpg

Hi Gates, i think it is the placement on the bench, actaully when I send the head out I will make sure they are more up ward. I do think you are correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi Bobby big fan of your work!! I am a portrait artist myself.
I was just wondering, what paint is used on this bust? I have it on pre-order it's awesome!

Back