Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't be serious. This is one of the best sculpts I have seen of the Joker. Since when did everyone get so picky? This is sure as heck better than the Hot Toys sculpts.

I dont know, some people on this board are little :cuckoo: with their rationale. Maybe its their "sideshow fanboyism" getting in the way. If SSC or HT made this, they'd be all over it, but because its HCG, certain people are like "how much?", "whats the material?". See HCG's T-Virus and Metropolis pieces for the exact same reception... :dunno

I think all three pieces rock! :rock Dont listen to the haters Bobby! Their just jealous of your skilz! :peace

I like it. Not a bad bust at all. Bobby did a fantastic job on the sculpt, as he always does. I can understand some complaints over the paint though...especially with the tie as another poster pointed out.

I bet if we hadent seen the original sculpt with the real hair we would have loved it... I actually dont think its to bad but It would have been awesome if the clothing was real fabric.

:horror I didn't know that BobbyC made this! Please don't take offense Bobby. :eek: :peace

I'm assuming this is more mass-produced than your usual stuff. The lack of real clothes and hair really detracts from the piece, then again it's a lot cheaper than your usual work.

Looks good in the first pic. The other angle isn't doing it for me though. I have a feeling it makes a stronger impression in person.

You should use words like "less expensive", there is nothing "cheaper" about this. $700 is high end and I think the quality shows.

A lot of what I'd say has already been said.

The sculpt is great, and I don't even have much of a problem with the paint, except for the tie. Bobby showing us the rooted-hair original sculpt did certainly spoil us, as that sculpt is simply unreal and anything compared to it won't look as good.

Compared to what we get from SSC for similar prices, this seems well worth the price. It's just out of my range by a few hundred right now, or I'd definitely buy it.

This is definitely an amazing sculpt and it would be very hard to top. I'm not just saying it as a huge fan of Bobby's work, but I can totally see Ledger in that sculpt. If people aren't happy with things like long sculpted hair (not like HT or DCD can do any better with it when you look at their Jokers) then go ahead and pay for a commissioned silicone head.

*edit* I also think the texture on the sculpted clothes was really well done.

Last edited:
the sculpt is there but the lips seem too bright red. The clothing looks painted on as well...Im afraid the production pieces cannot match the prototype we're seeing now. Seems like a complex paint job getting this one right.

I really want to order this..Any insight as to how the factory is going to replicate such intricate paint job Bobby?

I'd like to also say this is a wonderful piece... I've looked at the pictures and really nicely done... The eyes are a nice touch.. I don't know Bobby but he did one hell of a job.. I'm also a professional sculptor and again great job!

:hi5::hi5:
For sure dude.

Thanks. :)

I wish I hadn't shot my mouth off on the first page.

open-mouth-insert-foot.jpg

I only had the one pic to go on (which I looked at for all of 5 seconds), and the words "life size" hadn't really sunk in yet.

Rather than going back and amending or deleting my initial post, I'll just say now that this is worth the price.
:exactly:

the thing is , Hot toys has a thing against me, so it is easier for him to take it out on my work , no worries, maybe you too gates?

Not at all ! I've told you before that I love your work. He just looks like he's looking down instead of up and the head seems tilted kinda akward compared to the normal stance. Maybe it's the fact that the other one you made seemed so much more lifelike :dunno ...besides, I was critiquing what I saw, not the person that made it as I didn't even know it was you.

Looks great, and Bobby C is the man. The acrylic eyes are just the icing on the cake. The pose of the head is perfect. If this was a SS piece it would of cost over $1,000.

Congrats to those who are getting one.

:hi5:

This thread is hilarious. Love how it was "Crap" and "Not worth the price" until people realized it was made by a member of this board and then suddenly "It's great! Definitely worth the price!"

Pathetic.

Said it before said it after I love it! I read over at Statue Forum that Bobby is also making a Batman bust for HCG, so a heads up to those who are going to slate that then change their mind because they realise who sculpted it lol!

Regardless of who sculpted it, I think the bust looks great and better than anything else I have seen so far. Really happy about the eyes, the only thing I would have added is a 'Dark Knight' or 'why so serious' logo on the base. I have ordered it regardless and looking forward to this along with his Bruce Lee bust also being done by HCG, then roll on the Dark Knight!

And here is a pic posted by Bobby to give an idea next to to Bruce Lee which I hope he does not mind me posting!

IMG_77472.jpg

Last edited:
I really think that it's amazing! There is a lot of pathetic guys on this board...

Back