HCG Ghostbusters Lifesize Slimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, Max! He really is amazing. Love your setup with the terror dog and the proton pack.

Thank you Mattman, boy was he challenging to put him on his base had my wife not helped me it would have been impossible. He definitely took some real estate in my collection room but, as previously mentioned ,it was so worth it! I need to find some food props for him-love how you posed yours with that bagel and beer[emoji16]

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you find that his paint is a bit duller in person but far brighter in pictures? Just something I find that happens with green paint ups.

Do you find that his paint is a bit duller in person but far brighter in pictures? Just something I find that happens with green paint ups.

I think is all about lighting. For example, take a look at the photos of mattman6886 and then take a look at my photos his Slimer shows up as a brighter green while my pics show him as a darker shade of green. In hand he is in between not too light and not too dark green.

53c44e3e547aabc533f995fbdd429b6d.jpg

eeb65e60f3c74eb9710bfc8b207a5264.jpg

9d5c3dc514f8f6dfd88a371d7c6d377e.jpg

Here I have him with the window open no lights then I took the same picture with window open and a light source above him. There is a difference in the pictures as far as his color but in hand I think looks amazing and pretty close to the proto pics.

$275 to ship this guy? WTF!

That's a lot, but it's probably to be expected:

(1) He's HUGE
(2) HCG doesn't usually do thin castings, they use a good amount of resin and make a solid statue. That's one thing I like about their 1/4s, they have some serious weight to them and aren't fragile af.

(2) though might be different in regards to life size busts/props...the nemesis bust I have is actually really light x_x

That's a lot, but it's probably to be expected:

(1) He's HUGE
(2) HCG doesn't usually do thin castings, they use a good amount of resin and make a solid statue. That's one thing I like about their 1/4s, they have some serious weight to them and aren't fragile af.

(2) though might be different in regards to life size busts/props...the nemesis bust I have is actually really light x_x

And he's one solid piece! Very heavy and once you get him on his stand he's not a collectible to be moved around so easily you need two individuals.
While shipping is expensive the fact that he's one solid piece makes it all worth it, I'm not a fan of pieces you have to put together because that was the most cost effective way to ship you can always see the seams and,honestly,the collectible IMO when is one solid piece is more of an art piece than one you have to put together but I understand it's for shipping purposes.

Watch that YouTube video I posted here it shows the truck pulling in to his house the box being taken out with one of those manual fork machines. And yes he fills in the entire box!

Watch that YouTube video I posted here it shows the truck pulling in to his house the box being taken out with one of those manual fork machines. And yes he fills in the entire box!

Looked for a video but couldn't find one. Could you repost the link?

Holy crap! I'm kind of regretting getting him and I haven't even got him yet.

If space is an issue you may but once you see him it won't matter how large he is-he is fantastic!

Best of luck and of course post pics!

Max Power

Here is a couple more pics from my set up with Slimer-this will kind of give you an idea of his size in a room.

c468679dfb7ef5f894cf97bb604ca165.jpg

4718c230976149be9fed8213966e7977.jpg

84d3abd6c082f7ab2c365323c612d5be.jpg

5ec51cefafa69de17b1359973beea780.jpg

81358f500bb9c91f549eeff1d2ffd2a2.jpg

I think he looks great. I like the stand feature so much better than the NECA sitting on the floor. I would be interested to see of you could get a bigger pole to display him higher, I wonder of he would tip over? He looks great in your room. Keep posting pics I'm loving vicariously through the owners of this piece

Back