HCG Aliens: 1:1 Warrior Statue Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand SS's 1/4 Alien Maquette. The pose, sculpt, paint - all of it.

It looks great in person, even the pose grew on me and overall just huge and impressive.
No doubt I'd be impressed with it for the size alone and the fact that it bears a resemblance to one of my favorite creatures, but I just don't see enough accuracy in the sculpt and paint to even consider it, and I have yet to see an angle where the pose doesn't look awkward to me. I feel like the paint app on it would be better suited to a Warrior from Aliens.

Then what is the point in photographing these collectibles, or anything, in the first place? Do you recommend I go ahead and drop $800+ on something I don't like the look of in the photographs I've seen, simply because I "may like it more" in person?

Mandatory smileys:

:lol

:chase

:grouphug

No doubt I'd be impressed with it for the size alone and the fact that it bears a resemblance to one of my favorite creatures, but I just don't see enough accuracy in the sculpt and paint to even consider it, and I have yet to see an angle where the pose doesn't look awkward to me. I feel like the paint app on it would be better suited to a Warrior from Aliens.

Then what is the point in photographing these collectibles, or anything, in the first place? Do you recommend I go ahead and drop $800+ on something I don't like the look of in the photographs I've seen, simply because I "may like it more" in person?
"bears a resemblance" is pretty harsh. You are never going to get 100% accuracy with these. Pose looks good in person, sure it is not the ideal pose, but I don't care for the cinemaquette pose or museum style so it is subjective. Paint app looks nothing like the warrior: color, texture, overall feel is very different. The days of $800 for one are well past, but back when they were that much I would have taken a chance if it is a favorite character rather than miss out. Worst case you just send it back.

Mandatory smileys:

:lol

:chase

:grouphug

Pics aren't always a good representation of a piece.. Lighting, camera quality etc...

Hmm, okay I take back everything I said. I remember being so disappointed with it back when it was revealed that I haven't really paid any attention to it since. After looking at photos of it I actually like it and kinda want it now. **** me. [emoji38]

In my memory the paint app had more greens/blues, which is why I thought it more resembled the warrior. I still don't like the paint app though, but the sculpt and pose are suddenly eye-catching to me for some reason. [emoji38]

The hand sucks. I had forgotten about that but man, it still looks horrendous.

I can't believe these are selling for 2-3 grand on eBay already. It seems like just a year ago it was still available at SS.

The hand sucks. I had forgotten about that but man, it still looks horrendous.

I can't believe these are selling for 2-3 grand on eBay already. It seems like just a year ago it was still available at SS.

I thought so too until I got it in hand. It is not my first choice but it works. Price on them is up there, but this would be $1500+ if they released it today.

Hmm, I don't agree on that price.

The previous two alien Maquettes (Dog, Warrior) were both under a grand, and the P2 Maquette, which has a more detailed and elaborate sculpt/paint app, as well as switch-out parts, was priced at $1200 just about a year ago. I think 1 grand is as high as it would be priced if it were released today. Of course, that's if it's labelled a "Maquette", and not a "LSF", which would automatically increase the price by another grand.

Hmm, I don't agree on that price.

The previous two alien Maquettes (Dog, Warrior) were both under a grand, and the P2 Maquette, which has a more detailed and elaborate sculpt/paint app, as well as switch-out parts, was priced at $1200 just about a year ago. I think 1 grand is as high as it would be priced if it were released today. Of course, that's if it's labelled a "Maquette", and not a "LSF", which would automatically increase the price by another grand.
Yea, but that was what, 4-5 years ago for the other maquettes at $900 or so. It would be at least as much as the P2 today, that was almost a year and a half ago already.

The giger maquette is nice, but hell no is it $1k+ in quality. If it really does go for 2k, the CM is by far the better piece of the two.

Yea, but that was what, 4-5 years ago for the other maquettes at $900 or so. It would be at least as much as the P2 today, that was almost a year and a half ago already.
The Dog alien Maquette was $900, but it's closer to 1/3 scale.

The Aliens Warrior Maquette was $800, in 09. This Alien Maquette priced at $800 came out when, late 2011?

I just don't see where you're getting this drastic price increase from. The original P1 Maquette was 1 grand and all these years later the P2 Maquette is only $200 more.

The giger maquette is nice, but hell no is it $1k+ in quality. If it really does go for 2k, the CM is by far the better piece of the two.
The last three sold on eBay went for $3,250 - $3,250 - and $4,050.

I never would have expected this one to climb that high. Crazy.

Back