HCG Aliens: 1:1 Warrior Statue Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 170441

Alien upper + back problems mid section + swamp monster feet

They should have just done a 1:1 bust. They would have sold a ton more of them with a lot less effort.

You can't see it but just off screen the Alien is reaching for this:
6291-5F_400_A.jpg

Here are the 2 previous life size Aliens (Big Chaps) to show their poses. I have the one on the left. HCGs one is on the right. Neither are sold anymore. Pose on them is great, one action one museum style. This new warrior one is a mess.

Attachments

• aliens.jpg
    aliens.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 218
I think the problem is solved, as long as they have it come with the walker accessory included I might want one after all..
Looks better now that he has some support.

Good call SwiftC

image.jpg

(Yes, I had too much free time just now..)

I think the problem is solved, as long as they have it come with the walker accessory included I might want one after all..
Looks better now that he has some support.

Good call SwiftC

View attachment 170459

(Yes, I had too much free time just now..)

I have no photoshop ability but I prayed someone would come along and fulfill my desire to make a picture like this. You are a savior.

I have no photoshop ability but I prayed someone would come along and fulfill my desire to make a picture like this. You are a savior.
Awesome!!!!!!

Haha! My pleasure. I was trying to figure out what that awkward, lurched forward pose reminded me of and you hit the nail right on the head.. It looks like an old man reaching for his walker! Lol

Ugh, what makes this so tragic is it looks pretty amazing to me other than that extremely unfortunate pose.
It so bad, I can't stop looking at it..

OMG-Facepalm-GIF.gif

Stingray. Who made the one on the left?
I was actually about to ask the same thing, that one on the left is NICE!
This warrior could look just as good if they just fixed that bent over pose.

The translucency / tinting of the dome, misaligned skull/eyes compared to the dome and jaws, the painting of the head under the dome, that top lip (wtf) the actual colour of the bust (orange and brown!), gloss of the bust, the general finish of the bust with rough molding which could of been reworked.

Argh that lip is bad!

A few posts before this you said it was nicely made? I can't believe they charged a grand for that pos. I seriously don't know how this company is still around.

A few posts before this you said it was nicely made? I can't believe they charged a grand for that pos. I seriously don't know how this company is still around.

I do think it's a nicely made representation of the prop. Unfortunately that prop has likely seen better days. It's not a quality issue per se but an aesthetic one.
I think they should of improved it and made it look like it did on screen but they didn't.

MageeFX, it is called the "8th passenger".

Why must the Alien pieces I want be long sold out and out of my price range? :lol

Seriously. I want a full body representation of big chap. I can't afford life size and I can't afford the crazy after market prices for the maquette. Sideshow needs to do something new. I'd say a legendary scale figure but they couldn't even do a bust in that scale well.

Why must the Alien pieces I want be long sold out and out of my price range? :lol

Seriously. I want a full body representation of big chap. I can't afford life size and I can't afford the crazy after market prices for the maquette. Sideshow needs to do something new. I'd say a legendary scale figure but they couldn't even do a bust in that scale well.
The 1/6th SS Chap statue is pretty good. I had that one before I got the Maquette. Hard to beat the Maquette though.

The 1/6th SS Chap statue is pretty good. I had that one before I got the Maquette. Hard to beat the Maquette though.

The 1/6th chap just isn't doing it for me. I'm going to start putting money away to hopefully be able to pick up the maquette in a year or two. If Sideshow announces something else in that time I'll just wait for that.

Back