HCG Aliens: 1:1 Warrior Statue Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6.jpg

There is no way on earth that derpy little thing is life size. Would look really good as a head and shoulders bust in a more accurate colour though.

Well, it's... better... sort of...

Seriously, who poses these things? If they're not going for an accurate, "man in a suit" look, what's keeping them from doing a more interesting pose?

I don't want the base too tall... it needs to fit in the lower level of my house with the terminator.
That base looks perfect for me height wise.
I want the alien the right size obviously. Need more pics!

The tail looks like I took a NECA figure out of the package and haven't posed it yet.
Not sure on those legs but they look way better than the one that wasn't even theirs IMO
Wondering if the legs need to be seen in person since both seem to suffer from weird legs.

IMG_0891_zps2zhselrz.jpg

"Overall the design is the same as the first film's". There are some subtle differences in the body, but nothing that could be called a redesign or original, just slight alterations. First of all, the body is much much slimmer and the limbs thinner to make the alien look even less human-like and to eliminate the human-like posture. That is a direct continuation of the the original idea with a better execution. In the original movie, the tallest and the thinnest person they could find was hired to play alien in three scenes. In Aliens, the alien is even taller and even slimmer thanks to the advancements in puppetry and animatronics. This time a puppet could be used for certain scenes

"(The puppets) stand almost eight feet tall - the same size as, yet even thinner than, the original alien" - Stan Winston, Aliens Official Movie Magazine 1986

Looks like they got the thin limbs down

I really hope this isn't the final. The kink in the legs above the ankle is bad. The flat footed wide stance makes for a massive footprint on the base, the too short legs from knee to hip... I want this but it's such a disappointment as it is

The tail looks like I took a NECA figure out of the package and haven't posed it yet.
Not sure on those legs but they look way better than the one that wasn't even theirs IMO
Wondering if the legs need to be seen in person since both seem to suffer from weird legs.

I read that this proto is latex, so I doubt the tail would like that on the finished piece

It would be the first time I've ever heard a collectible company selling latex pieces . Pat just finished my full AWIL wolf. He didn't mention this project, where did you read that?

It would be the first time I've ever heard a collectible company selling latex pieces . Pat just finished my full AWIL wolf. He didn't mention this project, where did you read that?

I don't remember, but I got that in my head from somewhere. I think when it was first teased.

Back