HCG 1:1 Alien Bust!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine through Mike @ RazorsEdge, and they are currently sold out of preorders as well. BigBadToyStore and AlterEgo still have them available for those still looking for one. Better hurry up!

This will be my grail, if I could just get this and the SS Predator 1:1, I would be ok with never buying another collectible again.

Thanks for the info! I broke down and ordered from BBTS

Wow, the new 1:1 is only $812.50 from my comic distributor! But sometimes you get allocated out of items with them. I'm still happy to have a direct order with HCG. Just want to have that extra peace of mind ordering direct. This is my single largest collectible purchase to date. But check it out:

https://www.dcbservice.com/search.aspx?search=alien :horror

Thanks for the heads up. Since this is selling out preorders, I went ahead and ordered from this place. Seems too good to be true. Shipping is supposed to be free if order is over $50, but they are charging $6 shipping for this bust!:D I won't be complaining about that though. We'll see how it turns out. I figure its not 100% guarantee that I will get one through them, but better than not preordering at all. :D

I figure its not 100% guarantee that I will get one through them, but better than not preordering at all. :D

You do know that you have to pay for your order in full within a month? If you provided a credit card, you will be charged in the middle of the next month, and this still will not guarantee that you will ultimately receive the bust. Just want to give you a heads up to their policy. I have been using DCBS for my comics and such for over three years now.

Good luck! :D

Edit: I notice they upped the price by $50. Must be to help cover the shipping.

You do know that you have to pay for your order in full within a month? If you provided a credit card, you will be charged in the middle of the next month, and this still will not guarantee that you will ultimately receive the bust. Just want to give you a heads up to their policy. I have been using DCBS for my comics and such for over three years now.

Why isn't it guaranteed that you will get it? My friend uses M&M for comics online and he pays in advance, but they always guarantee he will get everything he orders; busts and all.

I believe the policy you speak of is for comics and books only:

Credit card orders that do not contain comic books, trade paperbacks or hardcovers will be charged as the items ship. All other credit card orders will generally be charged in the month after the order is placed. For example, orders for July 2009 items (coded JUL09XXXX) will be charged about August 14-16 if the order includes comic books, trade paperbacks or hardcovers.

Gawd!! If only I could go back in time before I discovered this forum!! Okay, I placed my pre-order with AlterEgo... that's ontop of other things I have ordered -- yikes! Where to get the money to pay for this stuff now... You guys are BAAAD for me!:duh

For those still looking for one, Mike at RazorsEdge must have had someone already cancel an order, there's one left. Free shipping too!

Are there any production photos of this piece yet? Its been sometime now and I should think HCG has started producing these.

I just put myself on the wishlist with HCG. What do you think my odds are of getting one?

Just in case anyone else was wondering what the specs are, here is what I was told will be the specs of the bust:

Product Size:
21" H x 15" W x 36" L
Product Weight:
21.00 lbs
Box Size:
40.00" H x 26.00" W x 21.00" L

Personally I'm suprised it's only 21 pounds. My sideshow wolf predator weighs way more. I also thought it would be a bit higher and deeper.

Well, the dimensions are right in line with the Sideshow Warrior bust, EXCEPT for the weight. I just weighed my AW bust and it weighs in at exactly 37 lbs 8 ounces. 21 lbs is kind of disappointing, although I'm sure it will look fine.

I think you should have no problem getting one from the wait list.

Thanks so much for the response. I hope your right about the wait list. I'm hopeful this bust is as impressive as the sideshow models.

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before that this bust is going to be largely hollow. Hence the weight difference, and quite a practical decision on HCG's part.

I cannot wait for this to arrive! :D

Personally I'm suprised it's only 21 pounds. My sideshow wolf predator weighs way more. I also thought it would be a bit higher and deeper.

The dreads add a ton of weight to the Wolf bust. Each dread probably weighs almost a pound. The Sideshow Predator 1 bust is extremely light in comparison. I haven't weighed it, but I'd be surprised if it is even 20 lbs. Regardless of weight, the HCG is gonna be badass! :banana

sorry for the noob question, but the sideshow design of the warrior and the HCG design of a alien... were they from diffrent films? because the design looks diffrent. or are they supose to be the same? im on the fence on which one to buy.

When you see an Alien with the clear dome - that creature is the 'Giger' Alien and is from the first movie "Alien"

The 'Alien Warrior' is from the second movie "Aliens".

Each movie has its unique take on the creature.

When you see an Alien with the clear dome - that creature is the 'Giger' Alien and is from the first movie "Alien"

The 'Alien Warrior' is from the second movie "Aliens".

Each movie has its unique take on the creature.

thanks for that, you learn something new each day :D

are the busts the same size or was one alien bigger than the other in the films ? i have space issues with collecting lifesize items and i notice how long the head is which could make it difficult to display.

if you had to pick one on just looks / design NOT brand of who made it, which would you go for and why?

It's a tough call between the first and second creatures. I think the majority of collectors like the second 'movie' better, so the Warrior might be more popular. But, the Warrior bust is going to be 3 to 4 Thousand dollars, while you could probably still score the 'Alien' bust for retail ($1000). Also, I believe the Warrior bust comes with the "Stan Winston Studios" association, where the HCG Alien bust is made from the actual suit worn in the movie.

The busts are basically the same size, and either will take up the same amount of display space.

Last edited:
I just put myself on the wishlist with HCG. What do you think my odds are of getting one?

Just in case anyone else was wondering what the specs are, here is what I was told will be the specs of the bust:

Product Size:
21" H x 15" W x 36" L
Product Weight:
21.00 lbs
Box Size:
40.00" H x 26.00" W x 21.00" L

Hmm, the 15" W make me confused, the Warrior Bust is without the "tubes" much taller on it´s shoulders but they are cut in half, the HCG shoulders are complete.

Back