HBO's The Night Of

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a second there, I almost thought Freddy was going to make Nas do the deed, as a sort of penance for not coming to him sooner. Khan's a cold bastard, though. That smirk he was giving the adderall kid in the court room just showed how much he's changed. I really don't think he did it, though. The stuff from when he was a kid isn't enough, and there's just too much of a shadow of doubt over the case against him.

Nope. Box seems like a good guy. Contrary to what they might portray it as, I think the guy was just empathetic and it came back and bit him in the ass. At the same time, though, it almost seems like he's in denial or something. Like he knows there's more to this case, but he just wants to close the book on it and retire. Katz' testimony seemed like it could be another nail in the coffin, but I'm not sure how that smugness would sway a jury. The facts he presented are solid, but his personality, on the other hand, could reflect poorly on Nas. You just know that kiss is going to come into play, somehow, too.

So far its been perfect.
I really like the evolution of Naz.
He has a darkness in him but yet still he had to become tougher it in order to survive.
Its pretty scary how everything you do in life can be used to make yu look bad.
Loved the private expert scene, was priceless to see the prosecutor squirm a bit.
That intro with Box and his chief has to play some way.
Still so many suspects and possibilities...
Great show!

Wasn't Stone chasing Duane Read like two episodes ago? Did I miss something there? I remember it ending on a cliff hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.
The guy dissapeared.
Stone is not a cop, i think now that Box has been presented with leads he didnt know/look for hes the one going to do something about them.

Funny thing about the ending: everyone either lost out or ended up right where they started except the step dad. Who was the biggest ****** in the entire show. He walked away with millions. Nas' life is ruined. He'll always have that "did he do it!?" stigma attached to him. And by proxy his family will always have to deal with it as well, not to mention they lost everything. The female lawyers career is over. And Stone is right back to being a hack lawyer doing plea bargains for low level offenders. And that's life. So yeah it's a little anti-climatic. But that's life.

Funny thing about the ending: everyone either lost out or ended up right where they started except the step dad. Who was the biggest ****** in the entire show. He walked away with millions. Nas' life is ruined. He'll always have that "did he do it!?" stigma attached to him. And by proxy his family will always have to deal with it as well, not to mention they lost everything. The female lawyers career is over. And Stone is right back to being a hack lawyer doing plea bargains for low level offenders. And that's life. So yeah it's a little anti-climatic. But that's life.

Dont think Nas Will have the "did he do it sign" on his back long since the DA and Box are going to get the true killer.
Its gonna be in the media and will probably turn the tide of the trial aftermath for Nas and his family.
The female lawyer kiss had in the end no impact on the trial.
She was fired from a big firm but still she and Stone "won" the trial.
Definitly a good thing in this business.
The show was grim but with always a light at the end of the tunnel so i can see the future of these characters being Tough but not destroyed.
It was a awesome show, pretty much Perfect. The cinematography was incredible, especially episode 2.
A unicorn.
I hope they Will do more, i wanna watch these characters come to life again.

Utterly sublime. One of the best crime procedural dramas I have seen for a very long time. Gorgeously shot (had a Fincher look about it), and superbly acted, especially John Turturro.

Interesting! I spotted James Gandolfini's name on the opening credits as one of the exec producers, but just read the role of John Stone was originally cast for Gandolfini. He had actually **** a certain number of scenes in the pilot as well before his tragic death :(

Dont think Nas Will have the "did he do it sign" on his back long since the DA and Box are going to get the true killer.
Its gonna be in the media and will probably turn the tide of the trial aftermath for Nas and his family.

Like I mentioned earlier (I think!? lol) people to this day, still think Richard Jewel was the Atlanta bomber. Even though he was 100% cleared. He even had to change his name and move out of state.

The female lawyer kiss had in the end no impact on the trial.

Not on the trial, but it did have an impact on her career. It's over. The judge basically laid it out for her, start looking for a new career.

She was fired from a big firm but still she and Stone "won" the trial.
Definitly a good thing in this business.

And yet it didn't help Stone out at all. Which was my point. Big difference between a not guilty verdict and a hung jury.

The show was grim but with always a light at the end of the tunnel so i can see the future of these characters being Tough but not destroyed.
I love your optimism. :wave

I wasn't a fan of how Chandra went from surprisingly competent young attorney to chacha packing inmate smoocher. But she did say she broke up with her bf so.....:dunno :lol

Like I mentioned earlier (I think!? lol) people to this day, still think Richard Jewel was the Atlanta bomber. Even though he was 100% cleared. He even had to change his name and move out of state.

Not on the trial, but it did have an impact on her career. It's over. The judge basically laid it out for her, start looking for a new career.

And yet it didn't help Stone out at all. Which was my point. Big difference between a not guilty verdict and a hung jury.

I love your optimism. :wave

As realistic as the show was its still fiction and romanced.
I think that in that universe they can get away with all of these things (Nas cleared, Chandraa still a lawyer, Stone getting more normal work) without Looking out of place/wrong.
My optimism about the show ending (and some real life stuff) annoyed the **** out of my last date :( lol

Just finished this and love it

Confused by the final shot, are we lead to believe he went back for the cat again, hence the outbreak he had?

Back