HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved this episode, it was amazing...

Oberyn! yeaah boii!

I knew little finger would do what he did the moment he stepped in the room.

Arya, I want a figure of her! What a badass.

Brienne and Podrick, good pair, in fact, Brienne's parts are always good no matter who she is with...

I won't even bother mentioning Dinklage at this point, that dude is church!

When it said "In Two Weeks" I was like "What? No!!!!"

I knew someone was going through the moon door tonight.

Oberlyn is fast becoming one of my top 5 favorites on the show.

"Is he on your list?" "He can't be, I don't know his name." "What's your name." "_______." stab. "Thank you."

Last edited:
The conversations between first Tyrion and Bronn, then with Obryn were great. Obviously the ever ferocious Arya was at her peak tonight. I bet that **** head was wondering how Hound was going to react that entire time, didn't even know what hit him. :lol

Was glad to see what happened to crazy aunt, she was just too annoying, imo.

That opening with The Mountain was bad-ass. . .

And Oberyn's monologue to Tyrion was bad-ass as well. Their duel should be sufficiently epic. I'd already knew they were going to be the combatants, but so help me if someone spoils the outcome. I am now going into hibernation mode.

Filler then?

:monkey3

Not in the least. Tyrion's scenes with Jamie, Bronn and then Oberyon were outstanding as were Arya's with the Hound. And the ending with Peter pushing Lysa out the Moondoor was terrific. And before that, Stansa's building of Winterfell in snow was outstanding; just like the book. Pitch perfect character moments--a staple of this great series.

Oberyn & Tyrion and Petyr & Sansa were my favorite parts from this episode. I was shocked when he kissed her, but new it was coming. Very interested to see what happens to them now that Lysa is dead. I may have accidentally read a spoiler regarding that... :gah:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't wait to see Oberyn fight The Mountain.

Filler's only when they're pointless and obvious filler.... Like Theon's attempt of rescue.
Except that wasn't "pointless and obvious filler". At all. I swear if you had it your way we'd only get one ten-minute episode per season.

During Theon's rescue we learn just how brainwashed and obedient Ramsay has made him, we see him interact with Yara for the first time in two seasons, we see their relationship develop by her realizing her brother is a lost cause, and we even get a badass little battle mixed in with all of that. The story progressed. The characters made important and relevant realizations. They developed. That's not filler.

This show has so many characters to focus on and so few episodes per season, there isn't time for filler.

:slap If I had it "my" way? You do realize I've said it has VERY little filler, like almost nothing? How does that reduce every episode to 10 minutes? :nono

But there are indeed fillers and things that I assure you aren't going to pay off in the end.

You're right though, Theon's rescue was a **** example, it wasn't filler, just not greatly executed, but there are others like Bran getting captured 2 episodes ago....

Also, filler isn't about about lack of characters, it's about buying some time cause they're catching up to the books and they're figuring out what to do.

So glad I did not open the forum til I saw the show....so much goodness in this last episode....I hate that I have to wait 2 weeks...now I have to go to work this week and be refused a GOT payoff...

I had a feeling that people would like season 4 overall more than season 3, so far am I right? They are killing it,man. And the best is yet to come, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it's been spoiled for most people because of loudmouths.

One thing though,they are really starting to go in their own direction in certain story lines, and they are really far ahead in others. Like this whole Lysa thing is in book 4. Really interested in where they're going to go with this stuff.

They are killing it. Indeed.

Other notable scenes besides the obvious, it was nice to see Khaleesi get (take?) something besides cities, and I was impressed with her change of strategy regarding Yunkai. Nice to see Jorah get a little too.

The only thing that's felt like filler to me this season has been Daenery needing to double back and re-take cities. Now I get that they tried to add some character development in there by creating a contrast with the son who comes and begs for his father's life and her turning cold after that and still making the decision to go back and kill all the masters anyway but cmon. It ultimately feels like she's slowing down because they need a bit more time to get things to the right place over in the other realm. Her story is not as compelling as it was last season so far. Her decision to f what's his face also felt a bit odd and out of character, the way she did it. And I wouldn't call what she does a change of strategy since the current city she holds, she already executed those masters via crucifixion.

oberyn vs gregory

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back