HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5643C82C-04EB-4FB1-A369-658CC2DFBC08.jpeg

I like Sansa, but Littlefinger was clearly, way smarter. So was Tywin. And Arya was very familiar with both.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Littlefinger got old and dumb. His slash and burn method can only last so far. Tywin is probably dumb as a rock when he was young. Took him to his old age to get smart but apparently not smart enough to be killed by his own family. Sansa and Arya wise up enough, in their own way.

Obviously nominated for their entire run, similar to how Return of the King got a ton of nominations when FOTR and TT should have gotten some of that action. Hollywood! LOL! :slap

Yeah, I would be very hesitant to go anywhere near fans for quite some time if I were those two. They did so well for so long too. Damn shame.

I binged GoT the year before season 8, so seeing it all at once as it were I didn't get all the hate on season's 6-7. I enjoyed them, especially 6. There were obvious logic problems but I just figured that things were escalating and shortcuts being taken to move the story quicker. Season 8 was definitely too fast and way too many "shortcuts" taken -- to the point of just "tossing aside" so much of the story and characters that I do understand the grave disappointment for Season 8.

I still love the entire series overall. It's a like a great movie with a bad ending. Or like almost ALL television series.

You never know what you have until its gone.

Seconded.

Yeah, I would be very hesitant to go anywhere near fans for quite some time if I were those two. They did so well for so long too. Damn shame.

I binged GoT the year before season 8, so seeing it all at once as it were I didn't get all the hate on season's 6-7. I enjoyed them, especially 6. There were obvious logic problems but I just figured that things were escalating and shortcuts being taken to move the story quicker. Season 8 was definitely too fast and way too many "shortcuts" taken -- to the point of just "tossing aside" so much of the story and characters that I do understand the grave disappointment for Season 8.

I still love the entire series overall. It's a like a great movie with a bad ending. Or like almost ALL television series.

Stop it, you're being rational.

Still my favorite show of all time despite the lackluster final season. You can't throw away 7 1/2 good years because of one shortened season. Or to some, the last 3 episodes.

The ending could've been worse like some of the crazy fan theories I heard. Like Bran dreaming the whole time while in a coma was one I recall that I couldn't stand and thankfully wasn't!

Never did watch that. Recommended then?

It's good, but I wouldn't say great, expect it to go way over the top with bloodshed and nudity. It had a bit of the "300 CGI background" sepia tone aesthetic.
I'd recommend Vikings over Spartacus, 5 solid seasons so far and better than Game Of Thrones, yeah I said it. :nana:

It's good, but I wouldn't say great, expect it to go way over the top with bloodshed and nudity. It had a bit of the "300 CGI background" sepia tone aesthetic.
I'd recommend Vikings over Spartacus, 5 solid seasons so far and better than Game Of Thrones, yeah I said it. :nana:

They dialed back on some of the 300 influences that were present early on.

Vikings - I watch it, but personally I find it hard to like anyone in it. The constant changing of allegiances in seemingly short periods of time (when you binge watch) are annoying, some of the Floki stuff bores me. So, for me, Vikings is good but not great.

Absolutely. Only 4 seasons I believe but just magical, intense stuff, highly emotional.

Controversy! :lol

I watch Vikings -- there's a lot there to enjoy, but like most TV I find the earlier seasons more compelling. Floki's misadventures are weirdly paced, and some of the protagonists have too much plot armour at this point. I still enjoy it but it's got the same issues for me a lot of series do.

Will definitely try Spartacus -- love me some sword and board.

Back